PDA

View Full Version : Summit Plummet

Nostromo
18-09-2004, 19:45
I don't see this slide ride discussed much on these forums and yet it is an exhilarating experience. I have been on it several times and love it! What do the rest of you think?

LesleyB
18-09-2004, 19:49
None of us plucked up the courage to go on this one, but we did have fun at the bottom watching those coming down trying to hold on to their swimming costumes to keep their modesty intact :D:D

CERICROWLEY
18-09-2004, 20:09
My husband couldn't pluck the courage to ride this one. Kept creasing his legs together watching otheers come down.but the kids did. I said I got a big wedgy but I'm going up again and again. Great view from the top It is the highest point of Disney until Everest is built in AK

Ceri

SunLover
18-09-2004, 20:39
I must admit, seeing the wedgy scenario and the rather red backs of those who had ridden kinda put me off giving it a go. Ouch !!! [:0][:I]

Ray&Sarah
18-09-2004, 21:06
Ray & I were far too chicken for this one but our eldest son did it, several times and thought it was great, mind you he did the one next to it when he was 7 and I could hardly see him a the top from my cringing position at the bottom of the slide. I think I was more worried than him, he went back for more.[msnsmile2][msnscared][msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
18-09-2004, 22:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LesleyB
None of us plucked up the courage to go on this one, but we did have fun at the bottom watching those coming down trying to hold on to their swimming costumes to keep their modesty intact :D:D
[/quote]
Perhaps that is not all they were doing, I have on occasion had the misfortune to see the force of the water have the same effect as an enema.......not very pleasant[msnscared]
Me.... I wouldn't need the force of the water, i'd be so terrified that just the thought of it would have that effect on me[msnsad]

Nostromo
18-09-2004, 22:54
I wonder if it can be done HEAD FIRST? Even if they allow it, I guess one has to be off his head to try it....and then it wouldn't matter anyway! :D[:o)]:D

Ruth
19-09-2004, 01:28
My hubby did this one and said it was not as bad as a similar water slide he did in Tenerife which was terrifying;)

linsan
19-09-2004, 05:05
My son did this several times and loves it. I have to wait at the bottom with the camera trying to decide if person is at the top is my son to take a picture. Have had lots of photos of other people's sons before invested in a digital camera!

traceya89
19-09-2004, 15:25
i would not dare go on it. my 8 year old wanted to go on it last year but i said no, am i being too strict???

tinkerbell
23-09-2004, 14:23
It's a scary experience, and I can totally understand why you might say no!

I personally find the slush gusher (bumpy one next to it) much worse, and this is the one which causes the red marks on my back.

One year when I went on Summit Plummit, I got stung by a hornet at the top of the slide and then had to go down! It took my mind off it at least! But, the next time I went a year and a half later, I saw another hornets nest above the lifeguard, who said they often build nests up there. Maybe it's part of the excitement?!

Nostromo
23-09-2004, 17:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tinkerbell
I personally find the slush gusher (bumpy one next to it) much worse, and this is the one which causes the red marks on my back.
[/quote]

Hi Tink! Nice to see your posts after a long while.:).

You are right in saying that Slush Gusher is even more bummophobic than Summit Plummet! I felt as though I was going to be lifted off the slide just before the final drop in SG and my backside was raw for some time afterwards.[msnembarrased].