PDA

View Full Version : Sea World tDolphin Show to get a revamp

Tim Barry
18-09-2004, 19:20
Hi All

Just some news hot off the press

SeaWorld plans changes to dolphin show, stadium

SeaWorld Orlando is closing its dolphin show so workers can begin renovating the stadium for a new show -- meaning time may be running out to see a klutzy dad fall backward into the pool while trying to take a picture.

SeaWorld's 8-year-old Key West Dolphin Fest will close soon, a spokeswoman said Friday. The closing is not related to the recent hurricanes, the company said. Hurricane Charley damaged the roof of the park's Bayside Stadium.

A new show featuring 'a revolutionary and creative design that encompasses both sea and sky' will take its place in summer 2005, the spokeswoman said.

No word on whether the park's new show will include the shtick where an animal trainer posing as a tourist steps backward into the pool and resurfaces on a dolphin's back.

The stadium's nine dolphins and three false killer whales, which resemble slate-gray dolphins with rounded snouts, will be moved backstage during construction, the spokeswoman said.

The change is only the latest at the theme park in recent years.

Since 2002, it has converted part of its shark aquarium into a full-service restaurant and added a 'village' of shops and restaurants along its lakeshore.

Last spring, the park added a seasonal nighttime show called Mistify featuring fireworks, lasers and digital videos projected onto a mist screen.

Until the dolphin show reopens, visitors will still be able to see dolphins at the dolphin nursery and at Dolphin Cove in the park's Key West section.

regards

Tim

CERICROWLEY
18-09-2004, 19:29
I hope they make the dolphin show more interesting. I do prefer Shamu. Shamu rocks America in the summer was brillant. Did the dine with Shamu twice while out there in summer. I do feel tha Seaworld is getting a bit dated. The mystify was good, it was like a shortened version of Fantasmic.

Nostromo
18-09-2004, 19:40
I love the Dolphin show and hope that whatever the organisers change, it is an improvement of some sort. Along with Shamu and the other Killer Whales, the Dolphins are the biggest attraction of Sea World.

SunLover
18-09-2004, 20:42
Looking forward to seeing the new show of course, but personally anything that allows you to be in the company of dolphins is a winner in my book :D

trailblazerxp
18-09-2004, 21:14
When exactly does the show close, or is that it closed from monday?

orlandobabe
06-10-2004, 07:01
I was there on Oct 4th-and the dolphin show was still closed!

They are doing a second day free at the moment-maybe to make up for that and an upgrade to Busch for an extra $36.

KirstieLou
06-10-2004, 16:57
It was closed on 30th Sept when I was there [V]

langley
18-11-2004, 17:53
Hi

I was there yesterday 17th November and the Dolphin Show was still closed and it didn't say when it would be re-opened. But go to Dolphin Cove and feed the other Dolphins this is great for Adults and kids !!

LiesaAnna
17-12-2004, 20:59
it is still closed! if its the one i'm thinking of, never taken much notice of seaworld before as my lot wernt that keen!, we went there last tuesday 14th dec, and we saw the dolphin nursery they were gorgeus!!!!! we saw them at another area where you could feed them, after buying fish from a counter, and there was an area think it said it was closed but not really sure what it was!