PDA

View Full Version : floridas hurricanes

tezz7628
17-09-2004, 16:03
knowing, or maybe you dont know, that florida has hurricanes

does it put you off going

Nostromo
17-09-2004, 17:54
Cannot answer yes or no. I love Florida but won't go in the 'Hurricane Season', which usually corresponds to hot summers and crowded parks anyway. So, knowing that Florida gets hurricanes will not put me off from going but if one is forecast or expected, I won't go. I'll cancel any existing reservation if I have to, even if it means losing some money. It is personal, but nothing, absolutely nothing depresses me more than an unexpected thunderstorm at the 'wrong time'.

jolliffee
18-09-2004, 21:55
Just don't care never bothers me I have been in Hurricanes, Earthquakes and some really bed weather. When its time its time no matter where you are.

chrizzy100
18-09-2004, 22:06
Its put me off having holidays that time of year.....but not to live there....

Ruth
18-09-2004, 22:07
We are going next summer in July/August and it won't put us off. Hopefully it will be another 40 years before one goes that close to Orlando again in any case;)

E. Cosgrove
18-09-2004, 22:26
I would choose not to travel in hurricane season if at all possible, just because that time of year you get more rain genarally, and I am a hot sunshine girl!!!!{ well, Ok so I'm not a girl but I'm young at heart!]
[msncool]
If I had a reservation tho' and a hurricane was forecast I would never cancel, I look forward to my hols sooooo much I would be gutted if I couldn't go as planned[msncry]

domster
01-10-2004, 20:11
I don't go in July-sept.

DOM

CarolAnn
01-10-2004, 20:37
We always go April or October, wouldn't have gone July- August anyway[drinkpepsi] bit hot for me!

Had guests in for both last 2 hurricanes, hasn't seemed to worry thrm either[clap]
Guess your experience in one is what really halps you make your mind up.

Cruella DeVilla
01-10-2004, 21:55
Would not go again July-Aug as too wet and more importantly too busy!

jolliffee
02-10-2004, 16:05
Seems to be conclusive then; the No’s have it!

KirstieLou
05-10-2004, 16:59
The villas are so well built that it doesn't bother me one bit

Magical Dreams
06-10-2004, 01:50
Either way, I would still go!!

Sun, rain or snow infact!! Nothing would stop me!

[sporty][sporty]

CarolAnn
06-10-2004, 02:05
Good For your Andy& Diane;)
It's just too good when you get there isn't it! [beer]

bryj
22-10-2004, 04:11
Got to be honest, having sat thru one in Miami, we get just as bad weather in the UK.

OK, I'm lying, but they do go on about them, don't they? I mean, a little water never hurt anyone. Except for those fellas with rabies. And drowned people. And please don't think about putting any in my whisky.

And wind, well, you'd think they invented wind, and a little wind never hurt anyone. Except that fella in that spacesuit joke.

No offence meant to people who do put water in their whisky.

KirstieLou
22-10-2004, 16:52
It was strange sitting through Jeanne but it hasn't stopped me wanting to go to Florida again.

fiona
22-10-2004, 17:22
We have to go in the summer having school age summer - and next year will be going as usual. A few hurricanes are not going to stop us - or a bit of rain - it's still MUCH warmer than at home - yipee[clap][clap][clap]!!!!!!

Mr G
22-10-2004, 19:07
Having been in Florida for Charley and Frances staying in our home. It definitely hasn't put me off. We ended up with a 29 day stay and although it had its ups and downs it is still our favourite destination.:D

Mr G
22-10-2004, 19:09
I have just noticed I have changed to a "chatterbox" I have been away I must have missed something! Promise I will catch up now ![msnembarrased]

Big Mack
22-10-2004, 19:44
Having been through jeanne this year on our very first trip i will now be expecting a hurricane for every trip, in fact i insist on it and if i dont get one there is going to be big bother!!!![msnwink]

Mack

andreah
22-10-2004, 23:36
This year we experienced both Charlie and Frances - the first hurricane was very quick and very powerful the second very very very long but It is an experience that we will never forget, in a positive way.

We have now booked to go back next summer so it definately hasn't put us off.

daxon
23-10-2004, 15:23
We were there this year for Charlie & Frances - certainly wouldnt put us off, in fact im afraid the children described hurricanes as "boring"!:D

eagleydo
23-10-2004, 18:19
We were there for Jeanne and it didn't spoil our holiday one iota. We just treated it as an experience and made the most of it. The only rain we had that I saw was on the day of the Hurricane. Temp. were real high, went to the beach and came home with a great tan. On the negative side was when we arrived and I saw the damage that the previous Hurricanes had done, trees, roofs etc. made me upset for those whose homes it was, thank god these occurences like this are very rare. What was impressive was the spirit of those that live here, just get stuck in, deal with and help others.

24-10-2004, 01:07
I have been going to Florida since 1983, mostly during the summer months and this was the first year we went through a hurricane (Charlie), it has not put me off going - and as for summer being too hot and crowded - I don't know what all the fuss is about, Florida is unbeatable at any time of year!!![msnwink]