PDA

View Full Version : not orlando but disney

philgrove
16-09-2004, 00:01
just come back from our paris trip (3rd time) as a teaser for our orlando trip next may (3rd time). my wife tells me we have to go to paris or they wont let us into america, i think shes havin me on but its not worth arguing about

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/philgrove/2004915195125_beautyscastle.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/philgrove/200491520355_blazingsaddles.jpgblazing saddles? this guy was great.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/philgrove/2004915195259_haunted.jpga touch of paintshop never hurt anyone

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/philgrove/2004915195415_sleepingbeauty.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/philgrove/2004915195728_bigthunder.jpgrecommend anyone to go at this time of year, no ques, and i mean no ques, wekept getting asked if we wanted to go again on big thinder mountain and rock'n'roller coaster, longrst we had to wait was for the motors stunt show but well worth it.

linda.s
16-09-2004, 00:27
Weather looks as good as Florida! Fab pics! Thanks for sharing...... Will post mine from our trip in about a month!!!

CarolAnn
16-09-2004, 15:30
Pictures are really great[8D] But I am still sticking to Florida!!THough no queues.....tempting[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
16-09-2004, 16:05
lovely pics
thanks for sharing them

feathersonline
16-09-2004, 16:07
Glad to see Disneyland Paris still looks good - we're going tomorrow, for the weekend, in preparation for our trip to Florida in November...:D

Ray&Sarah
16-09-2004, 22:55
Great pictures, with the sky that colour you can almost imagine its Florida.:D

Elaine62
17-09-2004, 00:56
we're just back, and had a fab time. We stayed at the Hotel New York and can thoroughly recommend it. We had stayed at the Newport Bay in the past and wouldn't go back there, but that's another story. It was great to be able to walk from your hotel to the parks in 5 minutes. The studios park was quiet on the Friday and absolutely desolate on the Monday when we dropped in for a few more rides on the rock'n'roller coaster before coming home. Magic Kingdom however was still busy and we were there on Thursday and Saturday. The weekend was by far the busiest with queues for Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan as much as 60 minutes. It was a really good break though and a nice taster in anticipation of our return to Florida next year. For anyone who is going soon try to book a meal at The Steakhouse. The food is a bit pricey but good quality but what made our day was thta they had a magician going around the tables after you had finished your meal and he was so good and funny he had us in stitches. It really made our night! Plus there is a DJ who plays outside one of the pubs at Downtown Disney and everyone just stands around a dances to the music, it was really good fun.

Elaine

amy
17-09-2004, 01:59
Doesnt look that busy over in Paris, I heard it had picked up, must be wrong,

cjboatman
17-09-2004, 21:38
I love DLP, it looks really quiet in the photos. Its sad to see the park so empty, being so close to the UK and so central to Europe, you would love to see it really booming. Although the fact that there are no queses would be nice. But it would be a shame to see the park ever having to close if they dont start making a profit.

I have been a few times, and its always nice to pay a quick visit, a sort of teaser for the big one. The only downside i find is the launguage barrier. Although most cast members speak english, i feel that some of the attractions loose something with the requirement to wear headphones to hear the audio in English.

feathersonline
23-09-2004, 17:06
We've just returned from our weekend trip to DLP. Both parks were quiet on Friday & Saturday, but Sunday was a different story, with crowds everywhere...
We stayed at the Davy Crockett ranch - never again - very poor for a Disney resort. We've previosly stayed at Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge & Newport Bay Club - all of these come highly recommended - We always have at least one meal at the Hunters Grill at the Sequoia Lodge. We also ate at the Blue Lagoon restaurant in the Pirates of the Carribean ride - the food was great and the atmosphere very good, although the service was a bit quick - unusual for a French restaurant!!

Now we're looking forward to our trip to Florida in November...[8D]

lisi
23-09-2004, 22:11
We went to DLP when it first opened but must say it was not a patch on Florida. We found the French very rude - a long wait for food but we were lucky with the weather which can make or break your holiday. Perhaps it has improved but I have heard bad reports from some people and on the whole they seem to prefer Florida. Mind you, if you have never visited Florida then I suppose Paris seems great![8D]

Lisi

philgrove
24-09-2004, 03:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lisi
We went to DLP when it first opened but must say it was not a patch on Florida. We found the French very rude - a long wait for food but we were lucky with the weather which can make or break your holiday. Perhaps it has improved but I have heard bad reports from some people and on the whole they seem to prefer Florida. Mind you, if you have never visited Florida then I suppose Paris seems great![8D]

Lisi
[/quote]lisi, we've been to florida 3 times and dlp 3 times and of course dlp isnt a patch on florida, your comparing a theme park to a state the size of england known as the theme park capitol of the world. but what dlp gives you is a short disney fix in between. i personally think france is a dump from one end to the other but theres a little bit of america in the middle where, for just a few days or so, if the weather is just right you can enjoy disney not paris, and from my experience the vast majority of cast members at dlp were very polite, and their english was a lot better than my french, german, polish etc. we went with our friends, no kids, and no buggy's, and with the added bonus of no ques it was arguably the best short holiday we have ever had.

Dennan
24-09-2004, 11:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
but what dlp gives you is a short disney fix in between [/quote]

Totally agree on this part.. Been to DLP 10 times and to DW 3 times.

It just gives you a little bit of the american/disney feeling. Although I find that their main language should be English.

lisi
24-09-2004, 22:49
Im still sticking with Florida!! :D

Lisi

Madabouttigger
24-09-2004, 22:50
We have a long weekend in DLP most years, a party of 6 adults and 1 child. We have a wonderful time. It doesn't compare to Florida but I think the Magic Kingdom in DLP is by far better, but that is just my opinion. We have stayed in all the Hotels apart from the Disneyland Hotel (but that’s going to be next) and the best by far is the Hotel New York. Dinner in the Cafe Mickey is great fun when all the Characters come out dancing, oh I wish I was there now. I think DLP is well worth a vist, but not if you are expecting Orlando.

[msnsmile]

philgrove
25-09-2004, 01:05
quote [We have stayed in all the Hotels apart from the Disneyland Hotel (but that’s going to be next) and the best by far is the Hotel New York.]

when we've gone we have stayed at santa fe (usually on a budget with florida looming), but the second time we stayed in newport bay but i didnt think it was worth the extra when all we needed was a bed after a hard day, so we went back to santa fe this time. the only real benefit we could see is that youare closer to the park. what is the new york like, really fancy it, and one day i will get a room in the disneyland hotel with a balcony overlooking the castle. oh yes it will be mine [}:)]

dolphinv
25-09-2004, 03:04
Ahh The Disney Castle in Paris[msnsmile2]Thats where I popped the question to Marianne in the pouring rain..[msnembarrased]Can't believe we are married 3 months on Sunday!

dolphinv
25-09-2004, 03:07
We have stayed in New York (Free Up grade!) Santa Fe and Sequia Lodge....prefered Sequia Lodge

Elaine62
25-09-2004, 14:35
newport bay was awful, grubby and overcrowded. We had to get our room changed as the carpet was soaking and stinking from a toilet bowl overflow obviously. Breakfast was like a wildebeast stampede and not worth the wait. we ordered breakfast by room service the last day and it was over an hour late.

the new york however was much quieter and more refined. We were there at exactly the same weekend as we had been 2 years ago when the European jet ski championship is on and the resort is very busy. we paid 8 euros each day to get our breakfast delivered to our room and it was on time and plentiful. having said that i nipped into the restuarant one morning to pick up some hand fresheners and it was not busy and may have been worth a visit. for us if we ever go back the new york would be our only choice.

LiesaAnna
26-09-2004, 11:54
looks lovely but we have never fancied Disneyland paris!
gotta have the real thing..........
mind you wernt that impressed with Disneyworld florida
i think we expected something different, but still, we've been there and now we will go somewhere else...........................in orlando of course;)

philgrove
26-09-2004, 14:26
sorry liesa, the real thing is in california[msntongue]

LiesaAnna
26-09-2004, 14:31
for us...... its florida........[:p]

lisi
29-09-2004, 13:32
Well, that just gives me an excuse to go to California then Philgrove - perhaps next year!

Lisi