PDA

View Full Version : Mexico

esprit
23-09-2002, 03:35
This pavilion is inside a Giant Aztec pyramid. You enter into a Mexican market, very atmospheric, selling ponchos, rugs, shawls, sombreros, donkeys, jewellery etc. Behind this, there is a Mexican restaurant next to the ride 'El Rio del Tiempo'. This is a water ride depicting the history of Mexico from the Mayans and Aztecs through to today. A great portion of this is depicted by dancing Mexican dolls and puppets which give it the look and feel of a South American 'Its a small small world'. This is one of the few rides at Epcot that young kids will enjoy as it is fun and not too 'worthy'.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 03:46
As Julie says the Angel Inn Restaurante (lunch and dinner):lines the outskirts of the village square and overlooks the river. Very beautiful, dimly lit and romantic - unless you have two kids wih you!
Serves traditional/regional Mexican food, margaritas (caroline???), beer.

Also a counter service Cantina de San Angel which serves grilled chicken tacos, churros, beer, margaritas if you haven't had enough already.

blott
23-09-2002, 03:49
It's pretty dark in Mexico but the restaurant backdrop is very cleverly lit and looks spectacular. Because it's dimly lit, we had an unfortunate accident when a member of our party was run over by a runaway electric wheelchair! Damage was only minor but I can recommend Disney's first aid station...!

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 03:49
quote:A great portion of this is depicted by dancing Mexican dolls and puppets which give it the look and feel of a South American "Its a small small world".

I actually thought it was very Spanish looking but then I guess you don't get too many volcanos in Spain!

esprit
23-09-2002, 03:53
Volcano???? Sorry its too late at night!!

Julie Carty

blott
23-09-2002, 03:55
Spain has sunshine but Mexico is in a permanent twilight, at least at Epcot it is!

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 04:32
There is a mini-volcano that smokes on the boat ride.

blott
23-09-2002, 04:36
I seem to remember that the backdrop scene also has a volcano lurking somewhere in it.

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 05:04
I'm pretty sure the boat ride goes alongside but below the restaurants so the backdrop view would be the same for both.