PDA

View Full Version : Sony Digital Camcorder in Orlando

sandra123
14-09-2004, 11:55
Hi

This is my first post

I am coming to Orlando for a three week vacation in the next few days (Hurracane permitting) and wondered if anyone can recommend a good place to purchase a SONY PC350 CAMCORDER in the Orlando area.

Also

Is it possible to buy from a different state and get them to mail it to the Holiday Villa that I am staying in or do you have to be a USA residant to do this , a lot of 'bargains' are on the internet.

Thanks for your help, a registered Sony dealer would be fine if you have such things.

Sandra[8D]

chrisj
14-09-2004, 12:07
Welcome Sandra

If you wernt going so quick I would have suggested you do a search on the net, I have found
this year for some reason that a lot of electronics are cheaper here in the UK. This amazed
me as well.

others will be able to help you as to a good location to buy a camcorder, as I got mine in
the UK before I went. The only thing I would suggest is check out the uk prices etc before
you go so you have an idea, even print off some sheets of info. This will give you a bit
of bargain power if their prices dont match the UK

Also, have a great time

amy
14-09-2004, 13:34
You will have to rember come back to the uk, your customs limit.If you get stopped the duty would be perhaps more expensive than buying before you went as the prices over here have reallt come down.

Val
14-09-2004, 14:54
Hi,
Both my son and I bought the latest Sony digital camera in the States, he bought his through the internet and had it delivered to a friend in Orlando, but I bought mine at an outlet on the 192. I paid the same price in dollars as in pounds in the UK. I went round a lot of the Sony shops in Orlando , but they were all the same price, but different ones had deals on the memory sticks and then gave a deal if you bought a camera case, so all I can advise is to shop around. [msnsmile]

Nostromo
14-09-2004, 15:08
I agree that you have the risk of exceeding your Customs limit of £145 (I think). Also, the 'International Warranty' issued by many Bargain Sale shops is very dodgy. If you find a really good bargain in a reputable high street shop and are prepared to risk the customs, then it might be worth it. Try shopping around in Belz Factory Outlet Center and similar places.

There is one shop that you should avoid at all costs. This is a Souvenir & Bargains shop (I cannot recall the b****y name) but it is at the junction of International Drive and Sand Lake Road. The guy who runs it is an out & out cheat.

KevinT
14-09-2004, 15:35
Hi Sandra,
Lots of good camera / camcorder shops around Kissimmee area. You didn't mention where you were staying but there are plenty of outlets on the US 192. I bought a nice Panasonic camcorder in the 192 market near Old Town.(shop called Sam'z Electronics)
Chrisj is right about the lower prices here now. The last camcorder I bought was a
Sony IP7 from Dixons who had a special offer of 20% off. They had already reduced the price from £1099 to £899 and the 20% off made it £719!
Wouldn't really recommend the "delivery to villa" method. Some villas don't have a post box. Some communities have blocks of post boxes in a central position which you need a key to unlock. (especially for valuable items like a camcorder)

sandra123
14-09-2004, 19:18
HI Many thanks to all of you that replied. I will be staying in a place called Crescent Lakes, interstate 4 24 532 (I think they are the road directions).

I have done a quick check and the camcorder is about £790 in the UK and approx $1299 from amazon.com (£721)/ same price in Ritz cameras I have found it for $699 (£385 )Not sure where they are or if this is a doggy price from bestpricecameras.com.

At the $1299 probably not worth the risk but tempted with the $699 just found out they are in Brooklyn NY

- Have you got the website for SAMS ELECTRONICS so that I can check the price or do they not have a web address??

thanks

Sandra

KevinT
14-09-2004, 23:07
Sorry Sandra,
Don't think Sam'z Electronics will have a website as they are just a small store in an indoor market. I did get a card from them with their phone no. but can't place it at the moment. If I find it I'll send you a Direct Message.

sandra123
15-09-2004, 11:52
Thanks Kevin do not worry I will have a good look around when I get there. I have done my homework on the Intanet here in the UK so the price will have to be a lot cheaper for me to rick it.

Has anyone heard of BESTPRICECAMERAS in NY if they are any good or not !!!! There prices look "Too good to be true" Then I know they usually are

Thanks

Sandra

KevinT
16-09-2004, 00:18
Sandra,
From Crescent Lakes, if you come up Poinciana Blvd. to the traffic lights on the US192
there are plenty of camera and electronics shops there, whether you turn left (west) or right(east)