PDA

View Full Version : Norway

esprit
23-09-2002, 03:28
Norwegian looking houses, good smorgassbord type restaurant and a ride called Maelstrom. This is a water ride on a Viking theme, lots of trolls etc. Slow loading as water rides always are and usually big queues. I think it can now be fast passed.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 03:31
Worth a ride though, we came out and there were two Norwegian characters, don't know if they were famous or just cutie Norwegian Seniors, had photo taken anyway!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-05-2003, 01:05
When you are exiting the maelstrom ride through the gift shop check out the Laila perfume - gorgeous - I just had to make a purchase. Even if you don't want to part with hard currency you can try the tester, a very refreshing, light clean fragrance similar to L'eau D'issy.

Sarah

millie
20-05-2003, 01:59
Waht sort of ride is Maelstrom? Is it suitable for kids?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-05-2003, 02:06
There's a mention of the ride at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=276

Both our 2 and 4 year olds love it - especially the bit when it goes backwards. I won't say any more so as not to spoil it for you ;).

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-08-2003, 01:09
Just thought I would add that once you come off the Maelstrom ride you are invited to watch a 5 minute "movie". This is a promotional video for Norway and I have to say that it is not great for small children. You can just walk straight through the auditorium to the gift shop if you prefer. I know this is not really in the Spirit of WDW not to participate but I reckon it is not essential viewing especially for the little ones.

Sarah

Kickstart
14-10-2003, 18:47
My kids thought this was the worst ride of the holiday, really slow long lines, dull

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 19:22
You've got to be joking...we've never seen a queue (line) there yet - never had to wait more than 5 minutes and the ride is great

chrizzy100
14-10-2003, 19:48
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

You've got to be joking...we've never seen a queue (line) there yet - never had to wait more than 5 minutes and the ride is great

We also love that ride......if we feel mean we take new people on its a small world......:D[}:)]

sunshine state
14-10-2003, 22:44
Well i have never seen no lines there thats probably because its such a poor ride.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 22:58
Why would it have a Fastpass facility if it was such a bad ride?

chrizzy100
14-10-2003, 23:01
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Why would it have a Fastpass facility if it was such a bad ride?

I think it has no lines because so many people don't know its there....we nearly missed it.....

Kickstart
15-10-2003, 20:55
Honestly I promise, we must have waited in line for 45 mins, it went on on, and on, and on.

OK it was around Easter and was later in the afternoon but we went there straight after the Mexico ride and that was only a 10 min wait.

Maybe they were having problems with the ride, although it seemed to keep moving all the time.

The line for 'It's a small world' was terrible as well.