PDA

View Full Version : Latin theme Sunday afternoons Sept 04

MaggieAllan
13-09-2004, 21:00
I've just received an email from my new friend at Old Town - those of you visiting over the coming weeks might be interested as it's something for the whole family.

'Thanks for asking about our well being here at Old Town. We were very fortunate to suffer very minor damage due to Charley & Frances and it looks like we will be spared from Ivan’s fury.

For the next 2 Sundays at Old Town we will have Latin Sundays from 2-6pm on the Main Stage. On the 19th it will be Grupo KDM performing Salsa & Merengue and on the 26th we have La Sonora de Orlando.

Thank you and we hope to see you around! Happy Anniversary!!!'

I've replied and said we'll be there but don't expect any merengue or salsa from us - unless the beer legs kick in!

Maggie

Ray&Sarah
13-09-2004, 21:31
Sounds like fun Maggie, shame we are not there until next month.

george
13-09-2004, 22:34
Sounds like a fun afternoon we are there then so will take a look.

Ray&Sarah
13-09-2004, 22:42
Will you be salsa dancing then George.[msnsmile2]

george
14-09-2004, 17:35
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :D:D:D:D

Pamela

Ray&Sarah
14-09-2004, 21:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :D:D:D:D

Pamela
[/quote]

Guess that means George probably has too left feet then Pamela![msnwink][msnscared]:D

CarolAnn
15-09-2004, 02:13
John(hubby) has always wanted to Merengue:DWhat film was that in?? I think Steve Martin was in it:D

linsan
15-09-2004, 02:34
Wasn't it in dirty dancing with Patrick Swayze?

E. Cosgrove
18-09-2004, 12:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
Wasn't it in dirty dancing with Patrick Swayze?
[/quote]
They definately danced the merengue in Dirty Dancing[msnwink]
One of my all time favorite "feel good" films[msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
18-09-2004, 12:36
And mine too Liz, have watched it loads of times and bought the album, sad eh![msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
18-09-2004, 12:48
There are two albums, Dirty Dancing and More Dirty Dancing...I ahve them both, I guess that makes me extra sad[msnwink]

orlandobabe
07-10-2004, 07:04
when was the last Sunday? I bet we've missed it!

MaggieAllan
07-10-2004, 12:54
You've missed the Latin themed ones but just check their website and you'll find out what's on when you are there.

It's usually rock or Latin themed music at Old Town anyway ... so if you feel the need to merengue/salsa/headbang/tap you feet(majority of us I'd guess!) whilst watching the world go by... this is the place for you.

This is where we are heading on New Years Eve - several reasons:

1. It's free
2. Free parking if needed
3. We can book a one night stay at a hotel (not the ones adjoining) and walk so everyone can drink.
4. Kids are welcome on the outside tables of the bars AND there is plenty for them to do ( rides/shops/haunted house etc).
5. Live bands
6. Don't have to get there at 9am
7. Good mix of locals and tourists
8. I can say Hi to my new email buddy who works there - missed her in Sept.

I'm going to dress up a little as it's New Year but I'm busy working out how to get my OV t-shirt or flag into the mix - considering buying a cheap version of one of those handbags that have pictures on - replace the image with the OV logo is my choice at the moment.

MaggieAllan
07-10-2004, 13:12
Typical - didn't mention jazz in my previous post!!!!

Here's what's on at the moment on Sunday afternoons - check their site for everything else.

Come join Old Town for Jazz Sundays! Every Sunday in October Old Town will host a free jazz concert from 2:00pm-6:00pm. Enjoy an easygoing afternoon listening to the live sensations of some great local jazz performers.

October 10, 2004 - Eric Darius
October 17, 2004 - Soul Cactus
October 24, 2004 - Dr. Otto

come on jokers - make something of the acts names.....[laugh]

Ray&Sarah
07-10-2004, 20:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
There are two albums, Dirty Dancing and More Dirty Dancing...I ahve them both, I guess that makes me extra sad[msnwink]
[/quote]

Don't worry Liz we have both as well, so that makes us as sad as you.:D

Ray&Sarah
07-10-2004, 20:40
Our son and his girl friend have been going to salsa dance classes for the last few weeks, they really enjoy it. He did come home last night and say that the teacher had showed them what the class will be achieving by the end of the course of lessons, his comment was "he's having a laugh".[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
26-08-2005, 03:24
Now did he finish the course Sarah?