PDA

View Full Version : 4 bed/ 2bath villa for sale - NOW SOLD

jad
11-09-2004, 08:56
We have decided to sell our 4/2 villa in Davenport Lakes. It is OV ref 1188. Price is $225,000.

Briefly, the main features are:
- fantastic location in quiet residential community, just 6 miles from Disney (by junction 192/27)
- south facing large (30ft) private pool with attached spa. Newly resurfaced in May 2004
- 4 bedrooms/ 2 bathrooms - although we currently have our 4th bedroom set up as a games den (suits us better)so we tend to advertise as a 3 bedroom - hence the discrepancy on our advert!
- separate dining room and breakfast area
- gorgeous high cathedral style windows in family room
- huge master ensuite bathroom
- separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- fully furnished with TV's, VCR's, DVD, new PS2, games, all kitchen equipment and linen etc
- over 17 weeks 2005 bookings already, all obtained privately
- fantastic management company who we would be happy to recommend

Please see our advert for further details (link below) or DM me

Jackie

Nigel W
11-09-2004, 12:50
Hi Jackie just looked at your advert and it shows a 3 bed? Your saying its a 4.

huckleberry house
11-09-2004, 13:05
Nigel

If you read Jackies post above you will see that it is a 4 bed but she currently used the fourth bed as a den and advertises it as a three bed hence the discrepancy.

Lesley

Nigel W
11-09-2004, 13:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
Nigel

If you read Jackies post above you will see that it is a 4 bed but she currently used the fourth bed as a den and advertises it as a three bed hence the discrepancy.[/quote]

Still 1/2 a sleep sorry should read slowly. Far to early.

jad
11-09-2004, 17:58
Yes, sorry perhaps I should have put that first as I knew there would be some confusion. Of course the other thing is as far as licensing etc is concerned it can sleep 10 like any other 4 bed. My maximum of 6-8 on my advert was my choice to keep traffic in my villa down and hence wear and tear down!

Jackie

stuartp
29-09-2004, 19:42
Hi Jad,

I take it your villa is now sold, if not let me know as I am in the market for such a villa as yours.

Stuart

benfilo
30-09-2004, 02:05
hi Jad hope the sale goes well. I'm a little concerned about the price though, we're going to sell ours when it's built and I was hoping the price tag would be a little higher.

best of luck

benfilo

jad
30-09-2004, 20:39
Our villa hasn't been sold yet and is now officially up for sale (technical thing before)

The mls listing is here http://mfr.mlxchange.com/EmailView.asp?r=1703325658&s=MFR&t=MFR

We have guests in until next tues then a gap from then til the sunday for any viewings. After that it is fully booked until end of October.

Benfilo, once we made the decision to sell we wanted to price it at a realistic price that we can make a reasonable timescale sale. It is a good price but I guess for some reason there still seems to be a differential between resales and newly built so you are probably in a different market. I love resales, they are on established communities with mature trees etc and ours is a lot closer to Disney than most of the new builds.
It has survived 3 hurricanes this year (or 4 if you count the one that "missed" us) with no damage apart from a few pool screens so it's also made of pretty sturdy stuff!

Jackie

benfilo
01-10-2004, 00:39
hi Jackie, sounds like a good buy i'm sure you'll have no trouble selling .
good luck
benfilo

pieman790
01-10-2004, 15:38
It seems cheap to me have you had much interest? Our next door neighbour villa is up for sale. 4 bed, 3 bath , pool etc for US$265000. Looks like a similar villa to me. Was it built by American Hertiage?

jad
01-10-2004, 17:33
Hi Neil and Cathy

I don't actually know who built it - would have to dig out my records. It is Davenport Lakes phase two.
Due to guests and hurricanes we have only had a half day viewing slot available so far and had a number of viewings then and good interest. Next week hopefully will be the time when it is without guests for a few days.

Jackie

pieman790
03-10-2004, 00:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jad
Hi Neil and Cathy

I don't actually know who built it - would have to dig out my records. It is Davenport Lakes phase two.
Due to guests and hurricanes we have only had a half day viewing slot available so far and had a number of viewings then and good interest. Next week hopefully will be the time when it is without guests for a few days.

Jackie
[/quote]

Good luck with the sale. We started to look for a house in March. Our realator did all the looking for us as we are based in the UK. On several of his inspection viewings there were 10-12 people and they were having a bidding war. He did not enter the bidding and he found our house by chance. It need a fair bit of work doing to it and this put alot of people off. It was only 4 years old but it needed $35k worth of work doing to it, including complete new furniture pack, repainting, new flooring, worktops, pool heater etc. The lady that owned it did nothing to it. We had not viewied it before we put our offer in but knew it needed a fair bit of work doing to it. Could of cried when we saw it for the first time at Easter, but after all the work was done it looked completely differant.
Im sure you will sell it soon for that price, let hope you get a cash buyer.

jad
03-10-2004, 08:56
Thanks for your comments Neil and Cathy - it must have been quite scary buying when you hadn't seen it! I don't think our villa needs any work so is just ready to go... We have already had a full price offer after a first days viewing but just waiting for clarification of the seriousness of it/ their requests, especially in view of the fact that it is empty for viewings all next week.

We don't want a bidding war and would be happy to take the asking price but of course would like to be assured that closing will go ahead as smoothly as possible and don't want to get messed around like poor Neil did on a similar thread earlier this year... that's not to say of course that we wouldn't accept more than the asking price [8D]

Jackie

jad
22-10-2004, 03:57
We have just heard today that our buyer has just pulled out of the sale:( so our villa is now back on the market although there is only limited viewing times on changeover days until 13th November.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will give you our realtors details

Jackie

jad
19-11-2004, 02:56
update
I can't believe this is happening for a second time but our second buyer is now pulling out so our villa is again on the market. We have viewing available this weekend (next guests go in on monday) and then in the first 3 days of December.

Please DM me for further details or our realtors details. Price is $225k which is in agreement with an independent appraisal.
Also we should add that we have always maintained our villa to a high standard and all repairs required by our ex-purchaser's inspection report are in the process of being done.

Jackie

benfilo
20-11-2004, 02:25
I can't believe you haven't sold it either, it looks a great house and location and a fantastic price.With "i want that house" starting up again interest should pick up.

good luck

benfilo

chrizzy100
20-11-2004, 03:37
It is a nice looking house........and I think its a good price......my neighbour offered me more for mine just up the road in July....and I have no pool.......

jad
20-11-2004, 05:40
thanks for your comments. Both times we have theoretically sold it was a full price offer on first day of viewing - I guess we have just been unlucky with the people who wanted to buy!
Third time lucky eh?

Jackie

plittle
26-11-2004, 00:57
It seams to me your realtor isnt doing a very good job if he cant sell it at that price. Is it listed on the MLS ? I know of property that has sold for more than yours in the same area.

Good luck

ronemand
19-02-2005, 02:03
hello
like many before me i have decided to try and purchase a florida villa,i came across your advert and was wondering what the current status is!
many thanks
colin williams

jad
19-02-2005, 06:59
Hi Colin
Thanks for your interest. I hope our villa is sold and we should close next week. If not I will be back here prompto!
Happy searching - it is all part of the fun!

Jackie

jad
02-03-2005, 04:55
Just an update - Our villa is now sold. Thank you for all your interest

Jackie