PDA

View Full Version : Kraken by the Tail

Nostromo
11-09-2004, 00:22
Rollercoaster riding can give TWO distinct kinds of thrill - VISUAL and PHYSICAL. A good rollercoaster gives both these in equal measure and in over 30 years of 'riding' I have not come across a better example than Kraken at Sea World to achieve this.

As most of you know, sitting in the FRONT row of the Kraken is a tremendously rewarding experience visually and physically. But to get the best of the Physical effects, one should try the BACK row, for which there is a special queue also. The back row might not be as visaully exciting as the front, but you feel the effects of the loops, twists and dives much better. For that reason, one should try Kraken both ways. We did. :)

brizzle
11-09-2004, 01:10
Love Kraken, thanks for the info.
I must now try the front, back and middle a couple of times to weigh up the differences..or at least that will be my excuse :)

Last time we went in December there was no queue, straight off and straight back on. Lovely.

Brizzle

Ray&Sarah
11-09-2004, 01:12
Our eldest son agrees with this entirely Nostromo, he has been on Kraken a number of times, Front, back and middle. Says its a brilliant roller coaster.[msnsmile2]

pieman790
28-09-2004, 13:38
It was bad enough sat in the middle of the ride with my eyes shut let alone at the front or rear.

mollymoo
28-09-2004, 15:50
I went on the Kraken in 2000, was all mouth to my friend when I got off saying she should do it, it was great!!!!

She made me go on again with her, not good as had no one's hand to hold, and she wondered why I wouldn't opened my eyes and couldn't stop screaming, twice in less than 10mins is not good for the stomach or the balance.

Am getting her back next year though she will do the Tower of Terror if I have to handcuff her to me!!!!!!!

Kerry

Nostromo
28-09-2004, 18:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
It was bad enough sat in the middle of the ride with my eyes shut let alone at the front or rear.
[/quote]

Cluck, Cluck!!!