PDA

View Full Version : Woodridge estate

copshaw
09-09-2004, 17:15
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Woodridge Est, we are going on 23rd september and are Florida first timers!

eagleydo
09-09-2004, 17:50
Hi, we too are going out on the 23rd September. Stayed at Westridge last year, it was brilliant. The best villa so far, lovely estate, easy acces to everywhere. Also gave us our best laugh. On the night we arrived we went to the villa, dropped off the cases and teenagers and the two older lads and went to Publix to get food shopping. On our return we were told that the boys had seen what they descibed as "kangoo like, mini godzillas" out the front of the villa. It was suggested that all 6 were suffering from mass hallucinations or that quite simply they were going nuts. A few days later when returning home in the evening (bin night- as it turns out it was the night we arrived) and lo and behold we saw the "mini godzillas" in all their glory. They were raccoons, we did not now that they grew so big or that they can stand up on their back legs. Found a perfect picture on this site being used as someone's avater(pic. attached). So if the kids say they have seen something strange looking check it out, they may be right.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/eagleydo/200499135022_critter.jpg

Liam_Sandie
09-09-2004, 19:10
Hi there

We own a villa in Clear Creek just behind Woodridge, its lovely and one of the only estates with supermarket, post office, bank, fastfood etc within walking distance of your villa (under a mile). It is also just 1.5 miles off the 192 so access to resturants and shopping not to mention disney is really easy. Have a fantastic time.:D[8D]:)

Nostromo
09-09-2004, 19:14
Sorry, Eagleydo, but I thought Copshaw said WOODridge and not Westridge.

Woodridge is exteremely conveniently located on the US27 just over a mile going north after you turn right from US192. It has Winn-Dixie right on the doorstep and several other shops conveniently placed. WDW parks are between 15 and 25 minutes away on an average day. Have a great time.

eagleydo
10-09-2004, 23:32
Thanks Nostromo, your quite right I made a big booboo. The excitement of my imminent departure for Florida is driving me cuckoo.

Nostromo
11-09-2004, 00:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
Thanks Nostromo, your quite right I made a big booboo. The excitement of my imminent departure for Florida is driving me cuckoo.
[/quote]

Don't worry Eagleydo; I have made bigger booboos on the eve of an exciting departure. Mine happened on the way to our Millenium New Year celebrations in Las Vegas, but that's another story. [msnsmile2]

eagleydo
11-09-2004, 06:04
NOSTR.. PLEASE DO TELL. Have just got back from 50th cebrations and seen your message.
Jan

Nostromo
11-09-2004, 11:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
NOSTR.. PLEASE DO TELL. Have just got back from 50th cebrations and seen your message.
Jan
[/quote]

OK. My wife and I planned to go to Las Vegas for the Millenium New Year's Eve with another couple whom we have known for years. We are all big fans of "Ocean's Eleven" (the original Rat Pack version, not the cr***y recent one with the Mice) and fancied ourselves a bit. I planned this carefully and booked rooms and places at The Mirage resort in LV over a year in advance.

Although this other couple are from New York, they were visiting family in Bangalore, India just before. Being from the same city, we decided to do the same and we all met up in Bangalore 3 days before we were scheduled to leave for Vegas. It was a complicated flight plan, with us having to take a local flight from Bangalore to Bombay first before catching a flight to New York, where we would connect to an LV flight. On the evening of our departure, the Bangalore weather turned for the worse and several flights got delayed, with talk of cancellation. Mindful of our flight connections and expensive holiday, we were apprehensive as we gathered in the small airport lounge along with hundreds of others.

Our flight was finally called around midnight and with the harried staff doing their best to clear us through, I bullied and shepherded the others to the waiting plane with a good deal of elbowing past the crowd, a necessity if you want to get anywhere in a big city in India. But when we finally got into the aircraft, we found 4 strangers in our seats. A loud arguement followed, with all 8 of us brandishing the correct boarding passes! Meanwhile the plane doors had closed and we must have been very close to starting the engines. The stewardess came around to defuse our situation and secure everyone in their seats - but there weren't any for us! I screamed at her and the inefficiency of Indian Airlines in general till my friend, who had been talking to some of the other passengers, told me that we were on the WRONG FLIGHT!!!! It appeared that in the midst of all the confusion, the authorities had cleared TWO flights for boarding at the same time and somehow we had got mixed-up with the passengers of a flight to Calcutta while we were actually headed for Bombay!

Relevant messages were quickly sent and the 4 of us were told that a bus would be sent to ferry us to the waiting Bombay plane. As we embarassingly gathered our hand luggage and made our way to the door, my friend's wife said "do you realise what would have happened if the Calcutta flight had taken off?" Whereupon, one of the other passengers muttered "It's OK, Calcutta is not such a bad place after all!". The ensuing laughter helped to defuse the tension.

After that, we got safely to Bombay, New York and Las Vegas and had a wonderful time. :)[^]:D;)

eagleydo
11-09-2004, 14:06
Yes! that certainly is the bigger booboo and I could not (and would rather not) top it. Thanks for sharing. That has to be the ultimate, lets shrink down and crawl out of the door in embarrasment(excuse my spelling I'm sure its wrong but last night was a helluva a party)