PDA

View Full Version : Japan

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 01:41
Don't discount Japan as it has no ride

Dances and shows perform throughout the day in front of the temple; used to be a great drum display. Great place for pearls, bonzai trees, kimono, clothes and toys - all in the Department Store.

Usually around the restauarant there is a guy sculpt birds out of toffee! plus dragons and pretty much most animals.

Only eaten at counter service that serves Japanese-style beef and chicken, sukiyaki, soup and noodles. Nice and cheap!

blott
23-09-2002, 02:44
Well, if I remember correctly, the items for sale in the shop weren't very cheap! They have some lovely things there and I was quite tempted, but for the prices!

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 02:47
Epcot I think generally is quite expensive in the shops, but they always seem busy but you can buy things that you may never get chance to as I know I am never likely to go to Japan and bought my mom some beautiful pearls here. But then, never say never I suppose.

blott
23-09-2002, 03:11
None of Disney is particularly cheap but I thought that the prices in Japan were higher than most. As I said, they do have some lovely things though my Mum wasn't so lucky by getting pearls.

Blott

Edited by - blott on 22/09/2002 23:12:25

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 03:33
You can buy lovely pearls at Typhoon Lagoon - just beside the snorkelling area.

blott
23-09-2002, 04:06
Actually, I think I'd prefer some of that beautiful Japanese bone china pottery or even a kimono!

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 04:28
I priced a kimino - $120! But was beautiful but did wonder who bought them, not Flea Market frequenters I fear.

blott
23-09-2002, 04:51
Er, people who want a genuine souvenir rather than just something of the usual Disney variety probably. $120 isn't that expensive for the genuine article.

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 05:02
If I'd have known that, I would have bought it! I don't think!

mr flibble
21-02-2004, 19:37
Hi Blott,
At the risk of repeating myself;)
My mum would like a Komono for her birthday and
I know that they have them In Japan at EPCOT.
It was not our intention to go to EPCOT on our next visit
but someone said you can get a pass for 30mins to visit
a shop[?]
Any knowledge
Ian:)

blott
21-02-2004, 20:00
I did look for other places where you could possibly purchase a kimono other than Epcot when you last posted about this but I couldn't find any, apart from internet purchase websites.

Sorry, I don't know about 30 min passes to visit shops although it might be worthwhile emailing Disney to find out if you really don't want to visit and use up a Disney pass day.

Nostromo
21-02-2004, 23:13
quote:Originally posted by n/a

Don't discount Japan as it has no ride

Rides, scmrides! I think there is more to Orlando than just rides. Epcot in particular has a more intelligent approach to it than just an appeal to one's Adrenal Medulla. I enjoy rides too but for God's sake all of us have enogh brains to appreciate things other than a 200 foot drop to nowhere! I would not discount ANYTHING at Epcot. It is Epcot that makes WDW and Orlando special, since there is nothing else like it in the world.

mr flibble
22-02-2004, 16:22
THANKS BLOTT
[8D]
Ian