PDA

View Full Version : How big are they ?

Rich-n-Ang
09-09-2004, 15:38
I was wondering how big all the communities are in relation to each other ? has anyone got any figures for the total number of houses on each community or size in acres or Square miles ?

blott
09-09-2004, 16:10
Can only tell you about Crescent Lakes. It has around 1500 homes altogether (or will have) but these are set in smaller individual communities ranging from around 40 - 200 homes in each community.

No idea what the size in acres or square miles is but all the homes are very well spread out (you won't find your next door neighbour is three feet away!) and there's lots of communual space too. What I can say is that it's located in a huge wildlife conservation area of many square miles and a number of the homes either back on to conservation or to the many lakes in the communities.

huckleberry house
09-09-2004, 16:21
Thousand Oaks has approx 250 homes spread over a large area mainly in small cul-de-sacs, much larger plots than usually found and of the 250 homes only 14 are on the Lake. Couldnt tell you the area covered though, sorry.

Lesley

ctgirlscout
09-09-2004, 16:34
Lake Berkley has 172 homes, and approx. 95 townhomes, I believe. Not sure of the total acreage, however.

Rich-n-Ang
09-09-2004, 16:50
Thanks folks - keep 'em coming, it looks like number of homes is the criteria - one reply per community would be great.

Blott - A very appropriate first reply as we are staying at CL next year !!

Carla
09-09-2004, 17:19
Our homes, Lesley, are 3/10s of a mile from the rear entrance (I measured it for my driving directions) and are probably around 1.5 miles from the front entrance. The lake itself is over 40 square acres.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
Thousand Oaks has approx 250 homes spread over a large area mainly in small cul-de-sacs, much larger plots than usually found and of the 250 homes only 14 are on the Lake. Couldnt tell you the area covered though, sorry.

Lesley
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
09-09-2004, 17:41
Windwood Bay presently has 211, will have 219 when the show models and building portacabins plots are sold of. Only know the sq footage of the houses not the commuity!

emm
09-09-2004, 17:59
Town Center Reserve will have a total of 95 homes when the final one is finished.

Cowboy
09-09-2004, 23:30
We at Ashley Manor possibly have the smallest community of just 24 homes of which 75% are STR. It is a quiet peaceful community with homes on reasonably large plots.
Mike And Kath.

KJH
10-09-2004, 03:09
Ours is on the Glenbrook Resort and has 266 homes,or will have when it's finished. Plus clubhouse etc.

Karen

Newhomebuyer
10-09-2004, 05:13
Here at Acadia Estates, we have 32 homes, another one of the smaller communities.

cameron
11-09-2004, 12:10
Silver Creek will have 108 homes once finished.

jolliffee
13-09-2004, 13:48
West Stonebridge will have 75 villas when completed

Jules
15-09-2004, 10:37
High Grove will have 164 homes plus clubhouse when completed.

Geoff
19-10-2004, 03:02
Clear Creek @ Woodridge has 246 homes, the majority STR however a few more locals have moved in over the last year or so.

Silver Creek is the new DR Horton Development that runs from Woodcrest Way to extend this development and the numbers for this are alreday on the thread. These two developmentstogether are ideal short term rental communities, handy for everything yet far enough away to make sure you get a relaxing vacation.

hamptonlakes
20-10-2004, 03:31
We are on Hampton Lakes, Davenport (US 27 Area) which has know been completed with around 434 homes from 3 - 7 bedroom homes, i am not sure on the full size of the community but it took over 20 minues to drive around it all.

chris
24-10-2004, 02:09
Indian Ridge Oaks has 320 homes of which only about half are now rental homes.

feathersonline
24-10-2004, 03:18
We're on Grand Palms, Lindfields - it consists of just 86 condos, in in 9, two-storey blocks...:D

Jill
24-10-2004, 03:23
We are on Southern Dunes which is a mix of STR and non STR which are situated around the golf course. I think there are meant to be somewhere in the region of 550 homes when it is completed but not absolutely sure of the final number.

wrpac00
03-11-2004, 02:27
Don't know if this helps, see url (Orlando Sentinel) http://extra.orlandosentinel.com/marketbook/datasheets/chapter3/22THOMEPROJECTS.htm

heathercobbett
03-11-2004, 11:58
We are on Westridge,which is divided into 4 separate areas to avoid the giant development feel.
The original Westridge has community facilities and Manors North and South share a large pool,clubhouse with gym and green play area.

chrizzy100
03-11-2004, 17:55
Tuscan Ridge....The Village has 110 homes......a lot of them are locals....but any resales seem to get to people renting.....

benfilo
04-11-2004, 03:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
Town Center Reserve will have a total of 95 homes when the final one is finished.
[/quote]

Yes I can confirm 94 and a half homes , i probably walked past yours last week Emm , i was having a good nose around the site

benfilo

emm
04-11-2004, 23:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by benfilo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
[/quote]

Yes I can confirm 94 and a half homes , i probably walked past yours last week Emm , i was having a good nose around the site

benfilo
[/quote]

Oh dear, still just 94 and a half homes? I take yours is still not finished then? How disappointing for you. [msnsad]

benfilo
07-11-2004, 02:07
hi emm, no not finished yet, we were very dissapointed and hat to grit our teeth a bit while we were in hortons office. Quite happy with the location though, diving down old lake wilson rd made a nice change to the 192. What is the community next to it? and do they have a clubhouse or anything that we can use?.
Couldn't remember exactly which home was yours but i had a good look about,. if they manage to finish this year we may pop back jan or feb[beer]

benfilo

emm
07-11-2004, 02:27
Hi Benfilo

Do you mean the other houses on the right, behind the town houses, as you drive down Town Center Boulevard from Lake Wilson Road? If so, then that is Bridgewater at Town Center. I don't think there is a clubhouse or suchlike there, but I am not absolutely sure. When we bought at Town Center we were told something about the area being developed in the future with all sorts of facilities, but we can't actually find out anything about what is planned. As the small developments that have been built so far have 'Town Center' in their names, then you would think there would be some connection between them.

When we saw your place in the summer I was sure it would be complete by now. I suppose it is an excuse for you to make another trip out! :D

benfilo
11-11-2004, 23:20
hi emm
been so busy can't seem to find time to go online(slapped wrist for me). yes they were the homes i was on about, when I was there a couple of weeks ago they were working accross the road.If that includes some extra facilities then it will make a big difference to "Reserve"
I don't think the house has changed since you saw it last, thinking of going in feb but making no plans until we know it'll be ready.
here's the inside[msnsad]
benfilo

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/benfilo/20041111191959_house3.JPG