PDA

View Full Version : 114TH SILVER SPURS RODEO

Jan Siddell
09-09-2004, 01:40
Hi, We'll be staying in Orlando when this rodeo is on at the Osceola Heritage Park and having never been to a rodeo before I would be interested to know if anyone has been to this event in previous years and whether it is worth a visit or not and which would be the best show to go to. I gather they have an opening party evening on Friday, 15th Oct, 2 shows on Saturday, 16th and one show on Sunday. We have boys of 5 and 10 and wondered if any one show was more suitable than the other. Also, is this rodeo any better than the regular rodeos in Orlando. Which one would you recommend? Many thanks.

floridapete
10-09-2004, 15:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jan Siddell
Hi, We'll be staying in Orlando when this rodeo is on at the Osceola Heritage Park and having never been to a rodeo before I would be interested to know if anyone has been to this event in previous years and whether it is worth a visit or not and which would be the best show to go to. I gather they have an opening party evening on Friday, 15th Oct, 2 shows on Saturday, 16th and one show on Sunday. We have boys of 5 and 10 and wondered if any one show was more suitable than the other. Also, is this rodeo any better than the regular rodeos in Orlando. Which one would you recommend? Many thanks.
[/quote]

There are no rodeos in Orlando but I think that you must mean Kissimmee - which is still a ranching City with many large ranches still existing in Osceola County. Hence it has hosted the Silver Spurs Rodeo for many years now - and it is the REAL rodeo - not the 'amateur night' rodeo that is staged for tourists who know no better on Friday nights near Kissimmee airport.

The Silver Spurs is the PROFESSIONAL Rodeo - and is the place where you will be rubbing stetsons and chaps with the real cowboys - your kids will love it !

Don't waste you time on the cheap imitation, you will only be disappointed.

I have been to Silver Spurs many times and always enjoy it. Now it is held in an air conditioned stadium is is even better than being in the hot sun outside !

Jan Siddell
11-09-2004, 21:25
I did mean Kissimmee and not Orlando - sorry! Thanks for your comments. I have now booked our tickets for the Sunday afternoon performance via Ticketmaster and we are all really looking forward to our first rodeo. Perhaps we should invest in some cowboy hats too so not to feel out of place!

Magical Dreams
14-11-2004, 23:34
Jan How did it go??

orlandobabe
01-05-2005, 07:42
we did this once -in the original building and thought it was excellent.

It only comes round twice a year- Feb and Oct-so if your visit doesn't correspond with it then you miss it.

I thought it was great.

Did the one near the airport last year-was very disappointed with it.