PDA

View Full Version : Test Track

MMFAN
22-09-2002, 20:01
This is definitely a 'fast pass' only ride, unless you are willing to be split up and go on the singles line.

The ride is often closed for malfunctions or inclement weather (since it has an outdoor part). But it is fun once you get on it.

blott
22-09-2002, 20:42
It was also closed in the evenings when the Millennium fireworks were going for the year which was a big disappointment for me as I wanted to try it out! In case it's like that all the time, don't leave it until the evening to find out it's closed!

Blott

esprit
22-09-2002, 21:17
Test track is the ride that took years to build!! It is good ( probably the best ride at Epcot) The first part of the ride simluates the testing processes a car has to go through in the factory, exposing it to excesses such as heat and cold etc. The second part is a test drive round a track which goes around the outside of the building. This is fast and fun but not long enough. The third part of the attraction is a display of vehicles of varying types. It is a bit along the lines of the Motor Show but is a good photo opportunity. Go on early so as not to miss it. It closes in thunderstorms and there are a lot of those in the afternoons in Florida in the Summer months.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 01:30
Was the ride worth the wait? Some say yes; some say no - a few people came off disappointed but as you are right, it's definitely the best ride at a park that could do with a few more "thrill rides".

I felt that the tests happen so fast, there isn't enough time to take in what you've experienced. You're shuffled on to the next test before you get a chance to process what you've done and seen but the final trip on the "runway" is brilliant, could just maybe take a little more time on the tests.

And as you can now fastpass it, so I will do this again next time.

SunLover
08-04-2003, 00:01
Definitely fast pass this ride, or go as a single rider to drastically cut down on wait times. I agree the test parts could be more involved, and it can sometimes be a little out of sync (those of you who have experienced this will know what I mean), but all is forgiven on that glorious outside speed track. Wow what a rush !

Chris [8D]

tinkerbell
08-04-2003, 01:16
Have to say that Test Track is the one ride I can give a miss every time! I would definitely never queue for it, and it always seems to be breaking down!

Kickstart
14-10-2003, 18:06
Great ride, we loved it, it was the first ride of the day we did and the wait was minimal

mikewj
14-10-2003, 18:19
After years of walking past the 120 minute queues and closed Fast Pass booths, we finally went on this ride in 2001. I loved it the first time, but the following year, it seemed a bit tame.

I doubt that Disney have changed it, so it must be me.....Either way, it doesn't really figure in our plans anymore....unless the queues are VERY small.

sunshine state
15-10-2003, 21:00
Its a great ride but like you said the lines are always massive thats why i find it easier to get there early and get straight on it or purchase a fastpass straight away and then come back.