PDA

View Full Version : Water-Sports Adventure

Nostromo
08-09-2004, 13:45
One of the relatively lesser-known delights of a visit to Orlando is the 'Watersports Adventure' package at Dave's Ski School on Lake Buene Vista. It involves about 3 hours of water-ski, jet-ski and inner-tube riding (which is actually the best of all!) and is great fun for all the family for a few hours. Even absolute novices can go and Dave is the best instructor that I have ever seen. It costs some $55 for an adult and $40 for a child and worth every penny.

Afterwards, one can arrange to pop over to the Contemporary Resort for a spot of Parasailing, like we did. :)

Ray&Sarah
08-09-2004, 15:11
Hi Nostromo, ths was mentioned in a thread recently, so we checked out the web site and our eldest son who is water mad is going to give it a go next year when we are in Florida, it'll be a great treat for him after his GCSE's.:D

Rich-n-Ang
08-09-2004, 15:28
Totally agree with Nostromo on this one, we went last year and had a great time. It will be our daughters (19th) birthday next year when we are there and when we asked her what she wants to to do on the day of her birthday she has opted for a visit to "Buena Vista Watersports" (and Bahama Breeze for Evening Meal) - has anyone else noticed that kids cost you more the older they get ?

linda.s
08-09-2004, 16:22
This looks fantastic! Thanks Nostromo! Hope they don't get too booked up, as we go in 24 days!!!

Nostromo
08-09-2004, 18:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
This looks fantastic! Thanks Nostromo! Hope they don't get too booked up, as we go in 24 days!!!
[/quote]

You're welcome. Remember that Dave's place do NOT do parasailing and you have to book that separately with Sammy Duvall's Watersports based in the lake across Disney's Contemporary resort. Sammy Duvall does the other aforementioned activities as well, but they are not as good value or instructive as Dave's. So, a perfect package would be to spend the morning at Dave's for the full Adventure Package and go to Sammy Duvall's in the afternoon just for the Parasailing.

CarolAnn
10-09-2004, 23:38
Another 'MUST DO' for my Florida list:)Thanks

Ray&Sarah
11-09-2004, 00:15
I'll put you down for Water Skiing, Jet Skiing, Banana boat and Paragliding then CarolAnn, Ok!!![msnwink]:D