PDA

View Full Version : Decorations Bought !!

MaggieAllan
08-09-2004, 13:30
I haven't even been for our first week yet (16/9) but yesterday I bought Christmas decorations to take with us to Florida ( arrive X-mas Day for a week).

My sister in law has a trade card for a local floristry warehouse that has decs as well. Paid a fraction of the price you would elsewhere. I've bought everything that will pack easily ( apart from a small soft toy Santa with large jingle bells for hands and feet which is staying with me on the plane!- will only jingle the bells if everyone in the mood - don't want to be causing bother). Also ( note to villa owner) nothing which requires pins in walls or any other damage.

I know it's v.early but you've got to get them before they go at those prices.

And, considering how much we intend to buy whilst there, these decorations may well stay in the villa for next year cos there won't be room on the return journey.

Maggie

chrisj
08-09-2004, 13:47
We stocked up with Xmas deccies while we were there, Went a bit OTT but they are lovely

Cruella DeVilla
08-09-2004, 16:14
Maggie,

Wait til you get out there! I bought a loads of stuff for our villa in August!!!The stuff is lovely. Christmas is my favourite time of year. Let the countdown begin. I am slow this year, as the villa is taking up all our time, but normally I have all my presents bought by September as I cannot stand going near the shops after the end of Novemeber and this is a confirmed shopaholic saying this!!!!!!!!

blott
08-09-2004, 17:57
Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, etc have piles of Christmas decorations which are a lot cheaper than anything you can get in the UK which is why most people take them in the opposite direction!

Cruella DeVilla
08-09-2004, 18:03
Yip agree with that Blott. Even the outlet stores have lovley ones.

MaggieAllan
08-09-2004, 18:56
As we land on Christmas Day I wanted a few things plus our greeting cards to put up straight away.

I've only spent £10 and got things I know would cost at least five times that in local shops/garden centres.

Allan won't be surprised if I buy more whilst I'm there - after 22 years nothing surprises him anymore!

Maggie

stabard
09-09-2004, 15:32
We will be out for the New Year but I have told my sister (who leaves our place 9th December) that she MUST go and get the decorations and tree before she is allowed home. I want to see the house looking very xmasie or she wont be allowed to go again[msnwink]

ian4cnw
25-09-2004, 03:52
We're going for our first Xmas away from home EVER. We arrive on 17th December but worried that the shops will have nothing left as regards Xmas Decorations and maybe presents too - need I worry? Should I buy stuff in the UK and take it with me?

Many thanks

blott
25-09-2004, 05:23
Wal-Mart usually have a sale of them after Christmas so, as long as you're not too picky, you're bound to find something to suit as early as 17 December.

Karen
26-09-2004, 03:39
Infact, you might find some good bargains just a couple of days before Christmas, which is when we bought our tree out there last year. It is over 6 foot tall and if memory serves me right has over 650 lights pre-installed, you just push the branches in to the main steam, put in the plug and hey presto! And it only cost about $50 (Should have been about $150)

I took a pack of decoration I bought in Matalan for £8, and with just a few other bits and peices we bought I was really pleased with it. Here is a photo I took on Christmas eve.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/karen/2004925233847_Christmas-Day-005.jpg

Cruella DeVilla
26-09-2004, 03:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ian4cnw
We're going for our first Xmas away from home EVER. We arrive on 17th December but worried that the shops will have nothing left as regards Xmas Decorations and maybe presents too - need I worry? Should I buy stuff in the UK and take it with me?

Many thanks

[/quote]

Dont mean to mock, but the day the American shops have nothing left is when hell freezes over.

MTP
26-09-2004, 05:05
The other place to try at that time would be Michaels on I-drive. You will definitely be able to pick up decorations and at good prices.