PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Michele L
08-09-2004, 01:52
I just thought that I would say something on this subject as there has not been any posts for a while.

Our thoughts are with everyone at this time, I will not broadcast my views (quite rightly so) about other events that have happened since 9/11 but just to say

'We still remember'

Michele

Lynnes
08-09-2004, 02:21
Too right

Ray&Sarah
08-09-2004, 03:05
9/11 will never be forgotten, our thought will be with the families of those lost on that day.

MaggieAllan
08-09-2004, 19:09
Amen

porky
08-09-2004, 21:03
Quite right, they will never be forgotten.

My poor old dad feels quite bad now about this day as it's his birthday and he feels guilty celebrating when it's a day for remembering all those dead.

Jacqui

E. Cosgrove
08-09-2004, 23:39
Last week I was asked to recall a visit I had made to a client almost 3 years ago, could I give them a rough idea of the time of year the visit was made? I gave them the exact date, I don't think anyone will forget what they were doing when they heard the terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families at this time,

blott
09-09-2004, 02:55
Having been unfortunate enough to witness it live on TV that day, it's permanently etched in my memory along with special thoughts for those relatives and friends who lost loved ones from 62 countries.

Snapper
09-09-2004, 03:00
I still remember the day quite vividely; and hope that I continue to do so.

I cannot even begin to imagine the loss that people suffered on that day, no matter how hard I try. It kind of puts hurricanes Charley and Frances into perspective a bit doesn't it?

benfilo
09-09-2004, 04:15
It does bring it home that all the setbacks we have are trivial. I still remember trying to shelter my son , 9 at the time, from all the news . I couldn't as it was everywhere and it affected him deeply.

benfilo

LiesaAnna
09-09-2004, 11:37
God Bless America!!!
thinking of all those poor families that have suffered
and of course never forgetting those who lost their lives
in our thoughts forever
Liesa

porky
09-09-2004, 17:35
While looking for something on ebay today I noticed several satelitte shot of the Trade Centre on 9/11 for sale. Some people are really sick.:(

Jacqui

Phil and Mel
09-09-2004, 17:54
I'm with Blott on this one. I had taken the day off work and was watching some banal daytime television (which looking back I would have preferred to watch for the rest of the day). A friend of mine called round and said that I would never believe what has happened (He had heard on the radio). We then proceeded to sit there dumbstruck, watching Sky News, when the next plane hit. It still chills me to my core when I recall that moment!

I certainly "will never forget"

thistle1314
09-09-2004, 18:55
My thoughts are with our American cousins coming up to this anniversary. I dont think any peace loving person will ever forget this day.

CarolAnn
09-09-2004, 20:01
Why? I will never forget that day or sadly other such events of recent days:([:0]
Here's to peace.

julieanne
10-09-2004, 15:47
I will be wearing one of my USA flag t-shirts (the one bought on Sept 13 2001 with money going to the 9/11 fund) tommorrow along with my pin(which I always wear) as a sign of support.
9/11 and all it's victims will always be in my thoughts and memory.

Let us never forget..

jolliffee
10-09-2004, 18:10
AS we get close to the anniversary of that horrible day 9/11. Pamela and my thoughts are with all those families that lost their love ones on that fateful day. We also remember all those that have lost their lives since the escalation of terrorist activities, particularly the soldiers from all nations that have been trying to bring some form of peace. We also take this time to think of those that have been horribly injured by these terrorist attacks and hope they can find peace.

Harmony
10-09-2004, 19:35
As I think of that terrible day and all the people lost, my mind turns to the relates and friends of those lost and to the survivers. Although we may not forget (or forgive) I sincerely hope that as time passes the pain of loss will continue to fade.

God bless to you all.

Jeff and Dallas

sunseeker
11-09-2004, 01:30
i too will be wearing my united we stand stars & stripes t-shirt tomorrow. My thoughts will be with all those it affected.

Dave

amy
11-09-2004, 02:10
we have our stars and stripes flying, and also always wear our pin badges.
Our thoughts are with you.

Lakul
11-09-2004, 04:00
It is my brother-in-laws birthday on the 11th but there were no celebrations that day in 2001.

Tomorrow we are having a family do, but our thoughts will be with those and their families that lost their lives on that terrible day.

traceya89
11-09-2004, 04:02
I hope security is extra tight on 9/ll. We must be extra careful and aware of everything going on. I remember vividly watching the tv at work on the ward i work on and I am still shocked by everything. 9/ll will be remembered by everyone for ever.

LiesaAnna
11-09-2004, 13:10
Thinking of you all
God Bless
Liesa

SunLover
11-09-2004, 16:52
Our thoughts and prayers still remain with all of the victims and their friends and families.

mr flibble
11-09-2004, 17:14
Hi
Man`s inhumanity to man nothings changed since 9/11.
Thinking of you USA at this time:)

caseyd
11-09-2004, 18:30
Thank you all. It's a solemn day here in D.C. It's good to have more real info this year about what happened and how it came together and happened- like so many Americans, I am reading the 9/11 Commission Report. Very interesting reading.

linda.s
11-09-2004, 19:50
My thoughts are with everyone on this day. A colleague lost his cousin and wife on that day, she popped into his office on an off chance, had never done it before. They left 2 young children. I remember being at work when the news hit, and we all spent the rest of the day trawling the internet for news, mainly due to disbelief.
I will never forget that day, and I continue to remember every time a new act of terror hits anywhere in the world, so my thoughts are with anyone who has suffered or lost due to an act of terrorism. May peace be with us all........

Cruella DeVilla
11-09-2004, 22:16
Can't believe it is 3 years. We were in Marbella the day it happened and we just sat glued to the Spanish TV trying to make some sense of it all....still trying.

12-09-2004, 02:00
I have been to New York hundreds and hundreds of times and I miss the Towers so much. I have so so many photos from the top of viewing platform that I will treasure forever. I also love planes and so two of my great loves collided 3 years ago and caused much pain and lost of life that I have not been able to go back since, my husband went on business earlier this year and took video footage of ground zero for me - heartbreaking!

God Bless all!

ctgirlscout
12-09-2004, 04:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by porky
Quite right, they will never be forgotten.

My poor old dad feels quite bad now about this day as it's his birthday and he feels guilty celebrating when it's a day for remembering all those dead.

Jacqui
[/quote]

My dad's birthday is also on the 11th (still gotta call him). Being a native New Yorker, I don't think he will ever celebrate his birthday again.

pigletsplace2003
12-09-2004, 16:15
Prayers go out to all who lost a loved one on that tragic day.[msnsad]

Cruella DeVilla
14-09-2004, 15:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
I have been to New York hundreds and hundreds of times and I miss the Towers so much. I have so so many photos from the top of viewing platform that I will treasure forever. I also love planes and so two of my great loves collided 3 years ago and caused much pain and lost of life that I have not been able to go back since, my husband went on business earlier this year and took video footage of ground zero for me - heartbreaking!

God Bless all!
[/quote]

I love New York to, although only did the top of the Empire State Building, have not been there since 1999, so bet the difference in the skyline is very obvious.

14-09-2004, 16:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal

God Bless all!
[/quote]

I love New York to, although only did the top of the Empire State Building, have not been there since 1999, so bet the difference in the skyline is very obvious.
[/quote]

CDV,

Hubby says it feels so strange without the Towers, you really miss them. I have promised myself I will go back soon [msnsad]

flyrr100
01-12-2004, 18:50
I was in Canada when the planes hit. I'm a pilot myself and we arrived in Ottawa the previous evening on a layover. Another crew took the aircraft out at around 6am so we were there without a means go get home. Like the rest of the world I watched the horror live on TV. I don't think I turned it off all day. On 9/12 I went for a walk. I came across the US Embassy in downtown Ottawa. Thats when the emotion really hit me. The walls of the compound were covered with flags, flowers, teddy bears, pictures..... It was so sad. I lined up and signed the book that was being sent to New York.
During the following months I flew many trips in and out of La Guardia. The site was still smoking two weeks later.
Now we have reinforced doors, locks, security up the ying yang, pat downs, armed sky marshalls, crazy wars that I'll debate on a different forum. But I often think about that wall in Ottowa. All political barriers were down for a while and we morned those innocent folks who were just at work.
I think that's when I truly became a US Citizen.

porky
03-12-2004, 00:34
I've just been clearing out my cupboards today and came across the Daily Mail for the dtaes 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th of September 2001. The scenes on the front covers still made me well up inside even after this many years. I have kept the papers to show to my grandchildren (if any ever materialise.

Jacqui

sheenallan
03-09-2005, 01:57
Thinking of all the familys involved in 9/11 also all who are invloved in Katrina
God bless you all
Sheena.

03-09-2005, 02:27
It is such a sad time of year, New York was such a big part of my life for such a long time and my sadness does not subside[msnsad]

Thoughts and prayers to all who lost loved ones on 9/11 and more recently due to Katrina[grouphug]