PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular Christmas lights - for free!

blott
22-09-2002, 16:33
Just take a slow drive around your community or on any local roads after dark and you'll see spectacular displays of Christmas lights. One home we saw last year had so many lights, it looked almost like the Osborne Family Lights at Disney MGM. I hate to think what their electricity bill was like but we certainly enjoyed their display! :)

Blott

imported_n/a
22-09-2002, 20:07
Our villa is on Lindfields where many Florida residents live, I have posted this before but have to agree that the American's decorations really do make the UK at Chrismtas look pretty pathetic. Fabulous lights all around their houses, beautiful reindeers and snowmen in fairy lights - so tastefull done.

During our visit, on the way home EVERY night we drove around the estate and even got out and took photos - even the trailer parks have great decs around the trailers!

blott
22-09-2002, 20:58
Also, I forgot to mention to check out the huge Christmas tree in the middle of Orlando International airport when you arrive. You've usually got a few minutes to spare before rushing off to Baggage Reclaim down the escalator. There's usually a plaque showing how long it took to put up the lights and how many there are (for those interested in statistics!). If you're arriving at another time of year, you'll find a large fountain there instead.

Blott