PDA

View Full Version : how does baby swap work??

paul1672
07-09-2004, 15:41
hi there.
here's my situation:
we will be in a group of 3 adults and a 5 year old child.
what i would like to know is can we use the baby swap idea with a 5 year old on rides the 5 year old is too small for and also,if we do does it mean 2 of us queue for the ride while the other waits with little'un then the other adult goes straight on the ride on their own or can they go with one of the adults thats just been on?
sorry if its confusing.
paul

chrisj
07-09-2004, 15:44
I think the idea of the baby swap is that

One of you goes on the ride, while the other person waits, when you get back its their turn
to go on the ride. We dont have a baby, but others here will be able to give you the exact
way it works

amy
07-09-2004, 16:36
basically as Chris as explained,there is no queue for the second ride, there are a few exceptions like rockin roller coaster, some of the group go on then they get given a ticket,like a fast pass but for 5 family members so so dont need to ride alone.

Phil and Mel
07-09-2004, 17:37
Hi,

There were two of us and a six year old who was (just) too small. We didn't realise until towards the end of our holiday that we could do the "child swap", so didn't get to go on too many rides. Once we knew about it though it was fantastic. I queued up, went on the ride, when it got back into the station I just asked an attendant for a child swap voucher. By this time, Mel and Tom had been allowed to walk up the exit ramp and were waiting for me to get off the ride. Mel then had to wait approx. two minutes for an available single seat and was then off on her travels.....so in summary it took about two to three minutes longer than if we had all queued up together[msnwink][msnwink]

Nostromo
07-09-2004, 18:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
I think the idea of the baby swap is that

One of you goes on the ride, while the other person waits, when you get back its their turn
to go on the ride. We dont have a baby, but others here will be able to give you the exact
way it works
[/quote]

But do they guarantee that you'll get your own Baby back afterwards? [msnsmile2][msnscared][msneek][msnoo]

paul1672
07-09-2004, 19:19
thats excellent news.
the only worry i have is that one of the adults might have to go it alone.
not a big problem,but would be nice if we could do it so no-one has to ride alone.
anyone managed this?
thanks for all the replies.
paul

chrisj
07-09-2004, 19:25
Just spoken to a mate here at work, and they used the baby swap and split the party in 2 so
no one had to ride alone, He said to just ask at the time

Ruth
07-09-2004, 19:31
You can go back on with up to 3 guests usually. For us it means the older 2 children can go on twice without queueing at all. We get fast passes, then at the fast pass entrance do a baby swop (if James is too small). Hubby goes on with the 2 girls, when they get back I go straight on with the 2 girls. It works brilliantly:D

paul1672
07-09-2004, 19:35
that's fantastic news.
that's solved my dilema.
didn't want to have one of the adults going it alone.
would of taken the enjoyment out of the ride for them a little bit.
many thanks again.
paul

Ruth
07-09-2004, 19:53
Most of the Magic Kingdom rides have a 40in height restriction so even at 3 the children were tall enough to go on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. The same goes for Test Track and Tower of Terror at MGM. At 5 or 6 they were tall enough for Space Mountain, Rock n'Roller Coaster and Mission Space too:)