PDA

View Full Version : Spent out?

blott
22-09-2002, 16:26
A guest who has booked our home, who used to live in Florida, has given me some tips for things to do that don't cost anything at Christmas time which I thought I would be generous enough to share!

'The other thing we like to do and it did not cost a penny, was checking out hotel lobbies. My favorite, and it is worth the trip, is the Wilderness Lodge at Disney, have a drink at the pool bar and watch the geyser, and take a boat ride to and back, to another Disney Hotel, The Yacht and Beach Club, have a coffee, or maybe a tea and take the boat back. Nice way to spend the day, see a lot of things and not spend a fortune. You learn these things when you live there.'

Blott

imported_n/a
22-09-2002, 20:09
Another great freebie at Christmas is the Boardwalk and have a drink and people watch and see the decorations and don't forget to pop down to have a "nose" at Celebration.

esprit
22-09-2002, 21:24
I love the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge too. They have tepees hanging from the ceiling as lights!! And watching the Geyser go off. But The place to lobby watch particularly at Xmas is the Grand Floridian. The decorations are truly breathtaking. We often park at Magic Kingdom and walk through Polynesia ( no questions asked). Have a look around the hotel there, then keep on walking past the wedding chapel ( if you are lucky there will be one on) and over to the Grand Floridian. A couple of drinks here and there and you have got a day out. You feel like you have been to Disney too.

Julie Carty

orlandobabe
21-10-2002, 20:22
We didn't feel like hoofing it round the parks at Xmas and New Year- as for one thing it was a bit chilly. So on New Year's Eve we had a steak in the warmth of The Outback and then over to The Boardwalk for Disney's fireworks. We stood on the bridge and were able to see both Epcot and MGM at the same time. There were no massive crowds and better still we were able to jump in our car when it was all over and get back to the villa in next to no time while the MK would probably have taken ages to empty.

It was a very cold night-but there's lots of cafe's where you get a cuppa!

tinkerbell
24-10-2002, 18:37
In February, I stayed two nights in the Swan Hotel next to EPCOT, I was within hopping distance of the Boardwalk, and the WDW transportation system. I made the most of this, and although I did not go into Disney, I travelled around all day on the monorail through EPCOT, up to the gates of Magic Kingdom and on the bus to Downtowm Disney! It was great! Then at night, I had the best view in Orlando of the IllumiNation show at EPCOT! Couldn't grumble!!!!