PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Orlando International airport.

esprit
22-09-2002, 04:45
In general, you only need to do this if you are picking up members of your party who have flown out on a later flight. The short waiting period in the short term car park has just been increased from 10 to 30 minutes. This is to prevent the situation where drivers were continually having to drive around the airport whilst awaiting arrivals because of the restriction on leaving a car unattanded within 300 feet of the terminal. For those who require a longer stay, for example if the flight they are meeting has been really delayed, parking in the satellite garages now costs $7 ( recently increased by $1).

Julie Carty

fiona
22-09-2002, 05:02
Is it free for the first half hour then? This is really good - think what we have to pay at UK airports, and how difficult it is to access some of the terminals.

I have to pick my very elderly mother in law up regularly from Heathrow T3 where the coach station in. The lectures and threats of prosecution I get from the police because I pull up to put her luggage in the back of my car and let her get in. Nice to know they've got their priorities right, I can get nearly run over (twice within 20 minutes) by some thug of a traveller trespassing on national trust land but they're not interested in doing anything to them.

Fiona

Lesley S
22-09-2002, 12:36
If you have a car hired from the airport you can simply park in there for free.
I have done this before. I realised this was an option when one of the staff asked if I was returning or just parking. So next time that is what I did.

Jamie-> and Lesley

Andy & Arlene
22-09-2002, 18:23
We also did that last year, when we were meeting friends off their flight. We parked in the Dollar car park - where you pick up your hire car. No-one bothered us and we were there for a while.

Arlene