PDA

View Full Version : Port Charlotte

lisi
06-09-2004, 22:51
Does anyone know how the area has been affected since Charley and if the clearing up process has been hampered with Frances? Be interested to know as we are going on 3 October.

Lisi

The Italian Job
06-09-2004, 23:18
Are you staying in a villa Lisi? If so I would check with the individual owner as Port Charlotte suffered quiet a lot of damage due to Charley, whereas just down the road, Rotunda/Englweood/Cape Haze were very lucky and not affected much at all.

Mo Green
06-09-2004, 23:58
Fox News were showing flooded street in Punta Gorda earlier this afternoon but have just heard that our villa in Rotonda escaped without any damage.

Maureen
www.orlandovillas.com/villaview.asp?villa=1267

lisi
07-09-2004, 12:13
Yes I am in a villa and I hear all is well - its at Rotunda. I just wondered how badly the area had been affected and what it will be like when I travel in October

Lisi

Cruella DeVilla
07-09-2004, 15:54
I drove past Port Charlotte last week on our way up from Fort Myers, it was still bad, but hopefully by the time you arrive things will be better, lots of tree striped bare, some caught fire, many many signs down, places still without power, saw bricks building flattened, lots of roof damage. Felt depressed when we drove through there and that was after Charley so do not know what other damage after Francis may be there.

The Italian Job
07-09-2004, 21:08
I have just spoke to my MC and apparently Port Charlotte is still in a bad way. Frances caused them problems with flooding, Punta Gorda was again badly affected. Buildings will be rebuilt but it is going to take time.

lisi
07-09-2004, 23:33
Thanks for that. My heart goes out to all those who have suffered and lost their possessions. I guess we will take the rough with the smooth. Let's hope Ivan does not wreak more damage

Lisi