PDA

View Full Version : extra meal

clare
22-09-2002, 01:16
My daughter will be in 2 dec and we are travelling out on the 9th of Oct with BA
Has anybody ever asked for an extra meal to be provided as she is now eating everything including my meal when we travel.
She is too old for baby tinned food.
Clare
Sunset Lakes

Ruth
22-09-2002, 01:28
Clare you will be unlikely to get a meal for her on the plane. I had a similar problem when flying with BA last Christmas. James (then 18 months) shared everybodies meals with them. I also took a packed lunch and snacks for all the children as the food is often not brilliant and sometimes the children won't eat it.

Ruth

clare
22-09-2002, 01:40
Thanks
Just more stuff to carry when we only take hand baggage....
Clare

laniza
03-02-2003, 08:04
Hi. I have 3 little ones, and #4 on the way, they range in age from 20 mos to 7. I have to say, we never go anywhere without food. Especially when flying, it helps during down time on the plane. I try to keep them happy through takeoff, but soon after, out comes the food. Some good choices are fruit in ziplock baggies (grapes are a favorite) or the little single servings. Also cheese sticks/cubes, string cheese, peanut butter crackers. As for the meal on the plane, they often give out sack lunches now, and will occasionally give away an extra. I usually take peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips, and fruit. I take my own juice too when they are really little like yours, and need a sippy cup. I usually carry a backpack with all that and coloring stuff, some small toys, and extra clothes. Books are a favorite for my kids. I always take myself a book, but have yet to get a chance to read. :D Good Luck.

neilandkay
03-02-2003, 21:45
I always take extra food for my 2 yr old. Whave bought him a seat since he was 15mo. and we get a kids meal with that, but he won't eat it.

As an aside - I would always recommend buying an extra seat for an infant/toddler if possible, it is much safer and more comfortable for the parents. Especially on a busy transatlantic flight and with my very fidgity toddler!.

We always have tons of bags with food, books, games nappies etc. for our son & we have never had a complaint that we were carrying too many bags. I think the staff realise that you need to have things to keep young kids occupied etc & it makes their life easier if

If you bring fresh fruit, remember that you cannot bring it into the US due to customs regulations.

--Kay