PDA

View Full Version : Wet Suits'n'Stuff!

AngelaB
06-09-2004, 18:34
Can anyone tell me if you need to wear wet suits at DC? Because i just cant see me in one somehow!!!!!!

christhear
06-09-2004, 20:02
Went to DC in December last year, yes you do need wet suits - and boy were we glad of them then.

They did tell me that on warmer days you can have the shorts and vest top type, all depends on the weather - but definately won't let you in without one.

Lesley 999
06-09-2004, 20:46
Yes you do have to wear them They wont let you in the water without oun. You do however have the choice of either a full wetsuit or a sort of zip up jacket without sleeves, (I'm sure there is a technical term, but dont know it!) They come in all sizes and you will have such a wonderful time that the way you look really doesn't matter!!!![msnwink]

CarolAnn
06-09-2004, 20:50
I am sure they come in all shapes and sizes, and everyone is looking at the Dolphins anyway:)And... you are on holiday, let yourself go:)

linda.s
06-09-2004, 21:13
I'd advise the full suit rather than the waistcoat - I used the waistcoat, and I found that it rubbed really badly under the arms. We all suffered with nasty red weals on our skin for a couple of days. People with full suits on didn't seem to suffer. The freezing salt water doesn't help!

AngelaB
06-09-2004, 22:36
Thanks for the replies everyone.

emm
06-09-2004, 23:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lesley 999
wear them They wont You do however have the choice of either a full wetsuit or a sort of zip up jacket without sleeves, (I'm sure there is a technical term, but dont know it!) [/quote]

They call it a swim vest.

My young nephew wore the full suit, and found it rubbed under his arms really badly, so he changed to the vest. The rest of us were fine.

Don't worry about wearing a full wetsuit - everyone is in the same boat!!

linda.s
06-09-2004, 23:41
Oh dear - sounds like they all rub under the arms - bit of vaseline might be needed after! Good luck though!

sunseeker
07-09-2004, 01:07
linda.s put your vaseline on first, that will stop the suit rubbing.
My niece and her pals do this before they go surfing.

Dave