PDA

View Full Version : world of sports

traceya89
06-09-2004, 05:03
i note that you can use the plus part of your hoppers to visit the world of sports but is this open every day or only if a major sporting event being held. never been there before and wonder if worth visiting or going off to blizzard beach/typoon lagoon again.

Nostromo
06-09-2004, 10:53
As far as I know it is open for visitors throughout the year, but the excitement is greater if a major sporting event is on. You have to be interested in the American sport scene to enjoy this place; there is a big onus on Baseball (in Spring & Summer, DWWS is the base for the Orlando Rays) but there is something for other sports like basketball.

I think it is not all that popular among Brits and unless you have a special reason for visiting, a day in one of the Water Parks would be much better spent.

traceya89
07-09-2004, 00:15
thanks nostromo, not really into sports but wondered if it was worth a visit to say we had been, but water parks sounds a better idea.;)

CarolAnn
08-09-2004, 13:09
Tracey, it is open ALL the time, but depending on your schedule, I would not rush to do it[:p]We have had lunch there which was nice,bit like an ESPN bar, with photos of famous US Sports stars etc. It is a lovely place, but more than likely will have the " Is THAT IT!!" factor!!! Certainly would not swap a day at a water park for it. More a place to go to tick off your sheet, so would place it below the majority of Orlando things to do:)