PDA

View Full Version : Orange Lake resort

mistiblu
05-09-2004, 20:18
<span style=&#39;font-family:Comic Sans MS&#39;></span id=&#39;Comic Sans MS&#39;><span style=&#39;color:red&#39;></span id=&#39;red&#39;>

Hi (me again!),

We are staying at the Orange Lake resort for the first 6 nights and then onto The Abbey at Westhaven for the last 8 nights. I have had a couple of reports about The Abbey, all of which are positive but I am not sure if anyone will know the Orange Lake resort?

Has anyone stayed at this resort who can give me some feedback? We would have preferred to stay in a villa for the whole 2 weeks but could not pass up a freebie through work for the first week:D:D:D - MORE SPENDS!!!

Thanks

Kissyme
05-09-2004, 20:22
Spent a very enjoyable 2 weeks at Orange Lake a couple of years ago and if you like can DM you with their web-site
Very near to a Publix supermarket and a short drive to the parks I`m sure you will have a great time:D

05-09-2004, 22:41
We have driven past many times and have friends who have stayed there and all positive feedback from them and it looks very nice from the road.

Lucy

KevinT
05-09-2004, 23:52
We had some family stay a couple of times at Orange Lake and they were very pleased with the
resort. When you drive past, it always looks really well cared for.
I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

neilr
06-09-2004, 12:34
Met a family staying there this June and they were very complimentary about it!!

[msnsmile]

chloanne
14-09-2004, 03:31
We own a timeshare there and have been many times. It is a fabulous resort set around an award winning golfcourse. Split into separate villages (4 at last count although extending continously) with a main club house and olympic sized swimming pool etc in one and a smaller pool and bar etc in the quieter village at the rear entrance.

We like the 2 bed units although have not stayed in the flats (tennis villas, smaller village, or those near the main entrance, but as an owner, when we exchange we always ask for a one storey unit. The one bed villas are also very nice but with shared patio. 2 beds are staggered to ensure max privacy. 3 beds are quite superb with jacuzzi and walk in shower .. only criticism for us is that they have enclosed patios as are right on the golf course so no sunloungers or barbies I'm afraid. :-( The pool in the village nearest 3 beds is very good though so be sociable and go there.

If you need some quiet time, the cinema often shows 3 x star war films or other trilogies, so great for keepig the the boys/men occupied for a while.

The rear entrance is via the entrance to Publix just off the 192 so if you need shopping its really handy and you dont need to go out of the resort to get there. You can cycle or walk but NB don't buy too many heavy items - it's a long walk back! The main entrance is jsut a little farther along - let me know if you need directions. Its just past splendid china on the right at a traffic stop and opposite a 24 hour walgreens store.

With an improved marker system, its very easy to find the main walmart store, all disney resorts, and I -Drive etc.

Watch out for 'crocs' in the lake.... I went further and further away from our villa to catch the final suns rays one evening (and nearer the lake) and was alarmed to find a family following 'something' in the water near where I was lounging. I retreated hastily to the comfort of the villa and a large G&T.

Deserves its gold crown status in our opinion. The gym is a bit small for me, but thats because I like free weights,so if you are happy to cycle or treadmill or ski, its perfectly adequate. Hope you enjoy it and do ask if you would like any further info. Check out the website ... it has 360 views of villas etc. and is a reasonable site.
I'm so envious !!!
Chloanne

caseyd
15-09-2004, 17:58
Nostromo stayed at Orange Lakes this summer and wrote an extensive review of it. You might want to check it out on his trip report. Also, if you search for Orange Lakes I think you will get some posts to look at. I recall seeing them when I was deciding btwn Greater Groves (also on Rt 27, down a bit towards 192 from Orange Lakes) and Orange Lakes for last spring.

huckleberry house
15-09-2004, 18:08
I think you will find that Nostromo stayed at Orange Tree rather than Orange Lake.

Lesley

caseyd
15-09-2004, 18:10
ooops. i can't be the only one who has gotten those mixed up. it's too close.

carolinemason
22-09-2004, 12:03
its lovely there