to Orlando. We're staying the north end of
I-drive opposite Wet and wild. I've worked out
how to get to WDW using the I-trolley and Lynx
busses but I don't seem to be able to find an
easy way to get to the Universal parks even though
they are much closer. Is there a public bus etc
that goes from I-drive or will I have to use taxis
or worse still hire a car. Or are the Universal
parks within walking distance of the top end of I-drive ?.

Many thanks.

blott
05-09-2004, 18:10
One of the Lynx buses goes to Universal but their website seems to be down at the moment so I can't check it out but number 42 rings a bell...

If you have a search on the link on the top of each forum page, you'll find a previous thread about this with the exact number of the bus.

linda.s
05-09-2004, 18:40
Bren, any reason why you don't want to hire a car? It is so much easier, and driving there is a doddle, honest!

Elaine62
05-09-2004, 18:54
We've twice stayed on Idrive, at the Wyndham, which is further down from Wet'n'wild and have spent less on transport both times compared to what we would've spent had we hired a car and paid insurance. Plus we got a cab to most places that we visited. However we are staying at a villa next year and feel we need a car this time. Going back to teh question we used to take a cab to universal and it was only around $7 each way. This is not much when you realise that you are going door to door. If you've not used the I ride before tehn be prepared for a few to drive past you as tehy are all very full around 10am to 11.30am as most people are catching them for the same reason as you. Honestly again it is worth the money to get a cab to disney. We met a really nice driver who used to pick us up at our hotel room and take us to Disney for around $25 each way, it was well worth it.

Elaine

chrisj
05-09-2004, 18:56
Bren

I do know that some of the hotels group people together and get a mini bus to the park, means you
split the cost of transport. Might be an option to look at

If your staying where I think you are, there is a great English pub near you. The George and Dragon. They
do out of this world steak pies and chips