PDA

View Full Version : Dolls House Furniture

DISNEYDIVA
05-09-2004, 14:46
Has anyone seen during their shopping trips in the Kissimmee area any dolls house shops or products within a store.
I am getting my first dolls house this Christmas (i'm 50 years young)
and would love to buy some American furniture while on holiday. Iv'e been on lots of American collectors web sites but i am not confident to buy over the net.[msnscared]

dbrook
05-09-2004, 16:00
Hi Lesley,

I'm a miniatures fan also and I know there is somewhere called Ron's not far away where someone in my miniatures class at nightschool has visited. When we go back in a couple of weeks I will find out for you.

blott
05-09-2004, 16:18
I'm 98% certain I've seen this in a store in Old Town Kissimmee (not the one with the bungee jump thingy, the 'proper' one under the archway off the 192). If you turn right under the archway, follow the road through several sets of traffic lights and you'll come to some shops. On the right side of the road is an antique shop (with stuff outside) and I think I've seen it in there.

Whilst you're in that area, take a trip to Lake Toho by turning left into any one of the streets where the stores are and you'll find Lakeside Park a minute or so away. Playground for kids, snack bar, BBQ area etc, etc.

DISNEYDIVA
05-09-2004, 18:15
I'll look forward to that Diane thanks. Blott, we have never been any futher east on the 192 than Walmart so that would be a good excuse to venture up there. I'm busy making the garden for the dolls house at the minute, so between checking the forum and webcams i havn't had time to cook a meal today ...............[msnwink]

AccountantPhil
09-09-2004, 22:09
Hi there,
My wife has a dolls house and we have been shopping for items when in Orlando.
We found two decent shops :
(1) Ron's Miniatures is on Colonial Drive in the north part of Orlando. It is fairly close to the I4 exit. I can find the address if you are interested.
(2) The What Not Shop is in old St Cloud, just east of Kissimmee on the 192. They had a fairly good selection( but not as good as Ron's). The owner, Carol, said that they hoped to set up a website (www.thewhatnotshopdollhouse.com) but I haven't tried it yet.
Phil

dbrook
09-09-2004, 22:58
Hi Lesley,

That's the one Phil has mentioned above which was recommended to me - Ron's Miniatures on Colonial Drive.

The address is:-

Ron's Miniature Shop, 751 W Colonial Drive Orlando FL 32804
Tel: 407-841-9333

If you visit please let me know what you thought about it. I would love one of the American style dolls houses, not sure of the prices though - doesn't look like Ron has a website.

DISNEYDIVA
10-09-2004, 12:20
Thanks for that Phil and Diane, i can't find a web site for Ron either, only this reference to it

http://ronhazelton.com/html/ron_americana3_19.html

I could spend all day in a shop like that.
Its a pitty the other link has not got an online store, i would feel better ordering from somewhere that has a shop i can visit.

I know what you mean about an American House, i chose mine bacause it was very close to a model i had seen on the net, have a look on the link, mine is the one at £80 a good starter home i think.

http://www.catalogue.24studio.co.uk/page.asp?b=AW2004&p=364

Again thanks for the help i will let you know if i get to them.