PDA

View Full Version : Sky Venture just off I4

finishrich
05-09-2004, 00:51
Does any one have information about Sky Venture, What's there?, cost etc?

finishrich
05-09-2004, 03:29
It's ok i've found their web site at skyventureorlando.com. It's $38.50+Tax but they have a $10 discount coupon on their website very thoughtful.:D

blott
05-09-2004, 03:45
That's what we like - people who answer their own questions before we get a chance to! :D:D

finishrich
05-09-2004, 05:34
But you'll notice by the posting times it took me 2.5 hours to find what I was looking for. ;)

Blott - have you been there?

Nostromo
05-09-2004, 13:57
I've been on Sky Venture; great, especially if you have the hang of it...if you pardon the pun. If you're like me, you'll end up floating all over the place looking like a discarded rag doll.

Sky Venture is basically a VERTICAL WIND TUNNEL that offers the experience of a simulated parachute jump. Each participant is allowed 2 'jumps' of 60 seconds each, put the whole session (including training and suiting-up) takes an hour.

If two or more of you are going, be sure to take a camcorder with you to shoot each other in action. Sky Venture themselves offer a Video for an additional fee ($16, I think) but the camera angle is fixed and nothing special. They allowed us to film with our camcorder, but from the 'inactive' spectator side of the tunnel (with equally good views). So, it will be better if the participants in your party stagger the sequence so that they are in different groups going in, thus giving the others a chance to use the camera.

lookout
05-09-2004, 14:40
Our 4 girls (age 11-16) went in when we were there last week - thoroughly enjoyed it. We got the video for $16 which covered all 4 of them. We didn't find the website before we went but did find some discount coupons in the usual coupon booklets so saved a little bit.

blott
05-09-2004, 16:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by finishrich
But you'll notice by the posting times it took me 2.5 hours to find what I was looking for. ;)

Blott - have you been there?[/quote]Not up to my usual speed of reply and I apologise but I'm a little distracted at the moment... I did actually know the URL.

Me? Off the ground? Never! [msnoo]

finishrich
20-09-2004, 05:42
I'd signed up for their internet coupon and as an added bonus just received an email voucher today. It's their "Indoor Skydiving Hurrican Special" for 50% off; it's a buy one get one free, for up to 12 people valid until November 15th 2004

worldpeace
22-09-2004, 18:12
just done same as finishrich & signed up via e-mail, got $40 off whole Family. Printing out now plus printing out the cyber coupon also.

eagleydo
17-10-2004, 23:13
It's ok i've found their web site at skyventureorlando.com. It's $38.50+Tax but they have a $10 discount coupon on their website very thoughtful.:D
[/quote]
I read this and went to the the website and downloaded the voucher. We made use of the coupons during the first week of October and it was Brilliant!!! Everyone enjoyed the experience, this is definately worth a go. [clap][clap]

finishrich
18-10-2004, 01:17
I was there first week of October too. I think it was the 5th. I did it hubby and son watched from the observations deck and took a video. I could never jump out of a plane so it's the nearest I'll get to sky diving, throughly enjoyed it, but woke up the next morning and felt like i'd been in a fight my arms were aching. Glad you managed to get the $10 voucher, the ones freely available in the coupon books are only for $5, so it does make a difference.

eagleydo
18-10-2004, 20:01
I was there first week of October too. I think it was the 5th. I did it hubby and son watched from the observations deck and took a video. I could never jump out of a plane so it's the nearest I'll get to sky diving, throughly enjoyed it, but woke up the next morning and felt like i'd been in a fight my arms were aching. Glad you managed to get the $10 voucher, the ones freely available in the coupon books are only for $5, so it does make a difference.
[/quote]
We were there on the afternoon of the 5th, just checked the certificate. Unfortunately no video footage though as when I turned the camcorder on the battery was flat. Someone had been viewing all the footage of the holiday and some other tapes and had not recharged afterwards. I was rather upset but it was too late to do anything as I had turned down having them record and it is too late when you are going in the chamber to change your mind. Hope your coverage was good.
Jan

finishrich
25-10-2004, 02:40
I just checked my certificate too and it was actually on the 4th at 5pm I was there. (That would have been weird if we'd been there at the same time and in the same group ) The video hubby took came out great, especially when I shot right up in the chamber - I was dreading that happening in case I panicked but I was fine; soon came back down!

eagleydo
25-10-2004, 03:02
That would have been weird yes, we were there on the 5th at 4.45pm so we would have been there at the same time. If you have any photos can u post, would love to see. It was your posting that put the idea of doing this definately into my head, strange that I paths nearly crossed as well.

finishrich
25-10-2004, 03:22
I'll try and take a photo off the video footage that we have and post that. I'll try and do that this week. I'll send you a DM when I've done it.

finishrich
31-10-2004, 15:36
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/finishrich/20041031113639_DSC00241crop.jpg

eagleydo
31-10-2004, 16:37
Flying high! good pic. Did you maintain that height I wonder, or come crashing down as well, as we did. The instructor has to be very patient. The chap before us kept landing on him or kicking him, funny to watch though.

finishrich
03-11-2004, 02:28
Crashing Down ! Not me I could turn in the air!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/finishrich/2004112222759_DSC00243crop.jpg

finishrich
03-11-2004, 02:29
But then came crashing down [msnoo]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/finishrich/2004112222931_DSC00255crop.jpg

eagleydo
03-11-2004, 02:34
Love it ! Thanks for sharing, brings it all back to me.

LiesaAnna
03-11-2004, 02:48
very funny!!!!
looks good, and NO i am not trying it