PDA

View Full Version : Continental Seat Back screens?

melvazquez
04-09-2004, 23:00
Can anybody help?

Back in 2000 we flew from Birmingham to Orlando via Newark with Continental. I am sure the plane we flew in was a 757 which we had seat back video screens

I've gone and booked us on Continental again. But while surfing the net all info seems to be saying that only get seat back screens on 777s!!!

Has anybody else flown continental on a 757 and had the luxury of those screens!!!!

Thank you [msneek]

Mr G
05-09-2004, 02:50
We flew out on a 777 from Manchester, they have the seat back screens. I thought that Continental only used 777 for the Atlantic flights now and other planes for domestic flights.

melvazquez
05-09-2004, 13:06
All the paper work for the flight with continental states 757-200!!

So will just have to wait and see.

Maybe see if we can take portable DVD for the kids. Have read on other links that you can take laptops, but some confusion as to wether you can plug them in and with what adapter.

Mel

Mr G
05-09-2004, 13:21
Hi Mel,
4:20 am here, but I am up, Frances woke me !.
You can go on a website called seatguru . com which enables you to look at the aircraft and seats.It also details laptop connections in which seats.

melvazquez
05-09-2004, 13:30
Hi Graham

Thanks for that.

My worry about seat back screens seems so insignificant!!! Good luck with the hurricane. Just watching Fox News. Must be very frightening. Hope you don't suffer any damage and keep safe.

Mel

Ann-Marie
12-09-2004, 20:00
We flew Continental 757-200 from Edinburgh - Newark - Orlando and they DIDN'T have the seatback tv's I'm afraid just the ones that drop down from the ceiling. My son wasn't amused at all I'm afraid. However, the service was great and we made sure he had his Gameboy Advance with him to keep him occupied - it wasn't that much of a bind and we just looked forward to getting there and starting our holiday.

melvazquez
15-09-2004, 01:09
Thanks all.

Think I'm just going to have to buy a few new games for the Gameboy!!![msnwink]

Mel

pieman790
17-09-2004, 14:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by melvazquez
Thanks all.

Think I'm just going to have to buy a few new games for the Gameboy!!![msnwink]

Mel
[/quote]

You can buy DVD player with a 5" screen now for £100 or a 7" screen for £130. We have these and it keeps the kids happy for hours. Never really have to worry about planes having seat back TV's. The batteries last for approx 3 hours.