PDA

View Full Version : flyblu

dizzy
03-09-2004, 21:46
Hi this has prob been talked about before but has anyone flown with flyblu?

03-09-2004, 22:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dizzy
Hi this has prob been talked about before but has anyone flown with flyblu?
[/quote]

Did they ever get off the ground?

:DLucy

ravtino
03-09-2004, 22:28
No no-one has flown as they are yet to start, from what I have heard there are a lot of dissapointed customers who thought they had a flight booked only to find when they rang to pay their balance they were told SORRY, I think they got some sort of compo, but hey that must be dissapointing.
According to there webb site it will be next year when they start, and just when we all thought they would be giving VIRGIN a run for there money!!!!!!:(

03-09-2004, 23:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
No no-one has flown as they are yet to start, from what I have heard there are a lot of dissapointed customers who thought they had a flight booked only to find when they rang to pay their balance they were told SORRY, I think they got some sort of compo, but hey that must be dissapointing.
According to there webb site it will be next year when they start, and just when we all thought they would be giving VIRGIN a run for there money!!!!!!:(
[/quote]

I had a feeling this would happen when there was a buzz about them last year, as I said then always best to wait till a new airline has a few months under the belt before booking with them.

Lucy

Nostromo
04-09-2004, 01:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Originally posted by lal[/i
Did they ever get off the ground?

:DLucy
[/quote]

Of course - right off into the wide blu yonder! [:o)][:o)]

ruthless333
04-09-2004, 02:42
I know I looked into Flyblu when first launched, and still monitor their web site.

I actually spoke to their 'sales' office late Spring 2004 and they weren't actually taking reservations/money - but they were offering to hold a seat/seats as advance orders.

Things might have changed since that call I made, if you think that deposits were getting paid Ravtino.........

Anyway, I will still monitor their developments with interest, but maybe not rely on them being ready for my trip in Feb 05!

cjboatman
04-09-2004, 03:51
We have never heard of Flyblu, are they uk based. Going now to look for their website.

I would like to see them operating before i booked i flight.

ruthless333
04-09-2004, 04:22
cjboatman
if you do a search [top of page] you will find a thread where we talked about flyblu when it was first launched....

the reason i liked the sound of it was the option to fly from birmingham to either Orlando, Sanford or Fort Lauderdale [mixing outbound and return flights at no extra cost] and also the option for better seating configuration at what i felt was not extortionate cost....

anyway proof of pudding will be in the eating...... if they ever get off the ground [and i hope they do].
ruthless333.

ravtino
04-09-2004, 13:51
I heard they were taking money - it was a travel agent that told me, so I am only passing on what I have been told.[?]

ruthless333
04-09-2004, 14:06
ravtino...
woops have i offended you? my earlier message was not intended to sound like i was saying you were wrong about money, only that things might have changed since i actually spoke to Flyblu - maybe because they had hoped to have actually 'taken off!' by summer 04, perhaps they had started to take monies for the earlier bookings [my enquiry was for Feb 05 so a long way off].

anyway if i upset you, sorry... ruthless333

cjboatman
05-09-2004, 02:08
Thanks Ruthless.

Will look now. We are actually in Northern Ireland, so it would be nice if there were local departures too. What sort of seating configurations?? Will have to look for the thread.

ravtino
05-09-2004, 14:14
No Ruthless333 you haven't offended me, I was just saying that I had been told this, I actually looked into flying with them and were very impressed with the flights and the price and I was waiting until they supposedly took off last June, and when I came back this time after flying Virgin again, I thought I would try and book for next year 05, only to see there web site saying not taking any more bookings and when I actually booked my flight and was talking about flyblu , this is when I was told they had taken money.

zerotone
06-09-2004, 05:24
We made provisional booking with them for this Xmas but they didn't take any money. Got a letter from them about a month ago saying they were not going to be up and running until 2005 but would give us favourable terms if we booked with them again. We were not too bothered as we had already decided not to go this Xmas anyway.

Jane

Lisa and Scott Parker
10-09-2004, 20:35
We also thought we had reserved seats on flyblu from birmingham to sanford orlando for xmas 2005. We did not have to pay a deposit but each time we checked back on their website the situation got worse. First they were definitely doing october half term and xmas, then not october but still xmas then finally none of them. They now say they will be up and running in spring 2005 and have offered us a discount but it makes you wary about booking just in case. I don't mind getting stranded in orlando but I do mind not getting there at all!
We were then stuck with trying to find flights for 8 of us over Christmas. We have ended up having to fly from Gatwick via Atlanta as we couldn't get any direct flights at all. Still at least we are going - all we have to do now is hope the condo is finshed on time[msneek]

10-09-2004, 22:20
As far as I know they still havent got the Operators Liceince, so until they have that they cant do anything??[V]

Skillo
22-09-2004, 16:40
We had flights reserved for this Xmas with Flyblu. We received a letter from them last week to say they were not going to start flying until next year.
They offered us seats on another flight that they have chartered specifically for this Xmas break, but the prices were too high.

I hope they come good in the end, as Birmingham needs another transatlantic scheduled operator to compete with Continental.

Maureen Edwards
22-09-2004, 21:30
Hi Leigh, Clare and Emily,
What about trying the Aer Lingus - B'ham - Dublin - Orlando? Take a look at the other threads on this for more info. May be worth giving it a go.

mr flibble
23-09-2004, 16:33
Hi Maureen:)
Do you have any details of aer lingus flights from birmingham-dublin-orlando ?
Or details of the web site as I have not been able to find anything [msnscared][msncry]
Cheers

markburwood
23-09-2004, 17:40
Ian try this www.aerlingus.com, hope this helps

markburwood
23-09-2004, 17:42
or this even www.aerlingus.com [:I]

Maureen Edwards
23-09-2004, 20:41
Ian,
Looking at the posts, I think you have to book your B'ham - Dublin flight and then the Dublin - Orlando flight. You can't book a straight through from B'ham - Orlando, hope that makes sense.
Some people have planned to fly the night before and stay in Dublin one night and then fly on the following morning. Also try B'ham - Dublin with Ryanair....think they fly from Brum, then book Dublin - Orlando with Aer Lingus.

MTP
18-10-2004, 01:48
FlyBlu's website says that tickets are definitely going on sale on 15th December for flights in 2005. It will be interesting to watch.