PDA

View Full Version : Btitish Loaf

traceydeb
03-09-2004, 16:29
can anyone please tell me where I can buy a loaf of british bread in kissimee.

Thanks

traceydeb

Cruella DeVilla
03-09-2004, 17:03
No where!

KevinT
03-09-2004, 17:52
Hi Tracey,
If you mean the genuine British article - no chance! From 4000+ miles away the bread would be stale by the time it got to the supermarkets.
[msnsad]
Go with the flow! Try some different breads. We love a loaf from Publix Supermarkets called White Mountain Bread. We complain because we can't get anything quite like it in UK. Its a white fluffy batch loaf (sliced or unsliced) It makes good toast and is delicious with butter and ham (try the Boars Head Ham - Publix will usually give you a slice to taste before you buy!)

Have fun looking - If you use the search facility on this forum you'll find a whole topic on bread in the USA.

traceydeb
03-09-2004, 18:12
Thanks kevin will try some

Tracey

amy
03-09-2004, 19:41
I have found bread i generally a lot more expensive in the US,we tend to go for some of the local bakes, I can recommend the onion begals with lashings of Phili on them.:D

Ray&Sarah
03-09-2004, 19:59
Kevin, will have to give the white mountain bread a go, we usually go for the sour dough as it is less sweet than most of the breads on offer.[msnsmile]

emm
03-09-2004, 20:41
We like the Italian bread (sliced, but it may come unsliced too) from Publix. Good toast, and good for a sandwich.

Nostromo
03-09-2004, 22:47
Actually, bread is one of the things that we found BETTER in the USA than in the UK. But this may be personal (or familial). We can't stand brown bread and even after 20 years here the white ones are just about OK. But we got some unsliced fresh white bread at Winn-Dixie (cannot recall the brand - it may have been in-house) which tasted very much like the stuff we get back home in India. My Indian relatives, who were struggling with UK bread, also felt the same.

esprit
04-09-2004, 02:15
The Italian bread is the most like English. But I have never found anything like Warburtons sliced white. You may be able to get something like at a price at one of the British shops??