PDA

View Full Version : Villa Rental in January 2004

djmek
03-09-2004, 06:15
Hi, I'm bringing my elderly mother again to Orlando in January 2005.
I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of renting quite near to the International Drive Hotel area, or maybe at most down to near seaworld.
We'd be looking for a two to three bedroomed villa.
The reason for this area is that when i've taken my mum the last five times over the years we stayed up in Kissimmee (spring lakes) and the only drawback was that I felt the journey to various attractions was well out of our way. (there was always the long drive home at night)
The Kissimmee area is great, but 5 - 8 mile journey just to go out for dinner at night was a burdon sometimes.
Does this paint the picture lol.<span style=&#39;color:blue&#39;></span id=&#39;blue&#39;><span style=&#39;font-family:Arial&#39;></span id=&#39;Arial&#39;>

esprit
03-09-2004, 06:36
There are practically no rental villas in that area. Reason. This is Orange county where short term rentals are very limited. I would say the nearest you could do in a villa to Seaworld would be Indian Wells which is a fair way away!! You will need to rent a hotel suite or appartment in that area. I dont know where Spring Lekes is but if you stay say in the Formosa area of 192 ( eg Oak Island Cove etc) you are within a few minutes of Disney and about two minutes of loads of restaurants. Kissimmee is certainly not 5-8 miles to dinner, 192 has all the dining opportunties of I drive and dare I say is slightly less expensive.

djmek
03-09-2004, 06:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
There are practically no rental villas in that area. Reason. This is Orange county where short term rentals are very limited. I would say the nearest you could do in a villa to Seaworld would be Indian Wells which is a fair way away!! You will need to rent a hotel suite or appartment in that area. I dont know where Spring Lekes is but if you stay say in the Formosa area of 192 ( eg Oak Island Cove etc) you are within a few minutes of Disney and about two minutes of loads of restaurants. Kissimmee is certainly not 5-8 miles to dinner, 192 has all the dining opportunties of I drive and dare I say is slightly less expensive.
[/quote]

Yes you are right, I was quoting out of context and apoligise for not being clear. It has to be a villa we would rent, just nearer international drive than kissimmee is [8D]My friend lives in donnelly circle near to sea world, i suppose thats what i'm hoping for.

esprit
03-09-2004, 07:59
I am guessing that that house is residential and isnt licensed for short term rentals. Orange county decided not to allow this. Very few are STR with the exception of a few older homes where the right to do so is what they call grandfathered in. And I dont know of any subdivisions around Seaworld that are.

Nostromo
03-09-2004, 11:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djmek
Hi, I'm bringing my elderly mother again to Orlando in January 2005.
We'd be looking for a two to three bedroomed villa.

I felt the journey to various attractions was well out of our way. (there was always the long drive home at night)

The Kissimmee area is great, but 5 - 8 mile journey just to go out for dinner at night was a burdon sometimes.
Does this paint the picture lol.<span style="color:blue"></span id="blue"><span style="font-family:Arial"></span id="Arial">
[/quote]

'5 to 8 miles' is practically nothing in America and I'm afraid you will find it very restrictive if you are unable to travel even that much during your Orlando holiday. No matter where or what sort of accommodation you choose, there will be some travelling to do if you want to get anywhere.

But I understand you not wanting to go out for a meal every evening. You don't have to and there are altenatives. For example, you could prepare a quick supper in the villa's kitchen on the odd night, get a meal delivered (big choice usually) on others, or eat microwaved TV meals on still other evenings. That way, you can go out for a meal only once a week, which I am sure your mother will then enjoy. :)

dolphinv
03-09-2004, 16:06
If you go anywhere close to US192 or HW27 you are close to 14 and the attractions. Why not have a look at an area map and locate a community you think is closest.We are on HW 27 and that 6 miles to Disney...........

amy
03-09-2004, 18:03
hi, DJMEK, you need to edit the name of this thread, unless you are friendly with Doc Brown, and he is lending you the Delauren.:D:D

jolliffee
03-09-2004, 20:59
On the links to rentals at the top you will find a map that shows you where all the villas are. We tend to pick up food at Publix or the like and eat in; have you not looked in Publix at the food available there is a huge varity.