PDA

View Full Version : non swimmers

lynn and ray
02-09-2004, 20:48
Are there any water rides at either of the water parks that non swimmers should avoid or is it safeish to try them all?

Nostromo
02-09-2004, 21:58
At Castaway Creek at TL and the similar Cross Country Creek at BB the water is only a metre deep and so if one is taller, it is perfectly safe to go with the tube. Slides like Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher are also totally safe since there cannot be any immersion. But some rides like Runoff Rapids have deeper water at the end and could be a bit risky for non-swimmers if they come off the tube. Likewise, they will have to remain at the shallower end of the Wave Pool at TL. If in doubt, check with the staff there.

lynn and ray
03-09-2004, 20:38
Thanks Nostromo

Will take your advice on that

esprit
04-09-2004, 02:12
Dont go more than a few feet into the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. I am not the worlds best swimmer and once got totally swept off my feet and disorientated by the waves there. I stay on the beach and watch now. I dont mind going in the tube rides. Its unlikely you will fall out of the tube and if you do you can catch onto the tube and there are plenty of attendants at the bottom.

Nostromo
08-09-2004, 10:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Its unlikely you will fall out of the tube and if you do you can catch onto the tube and there are plenty of attendants at the bottom.
[/quote]

I came off the tube while riding Runoff Rapids in the enclosed tunnel. I am a good swimmer and had no real problem, but there was no attendant close-by at the end we came out, where the water is quite deep. I was later told that this was not an uncommon occurence.