PDA

View Full Version : Eating X-mas Day evening?

MaggieAllan
02-09-2004, 15:58
We are due to land at 2pm Sandford on 25 December.

Reading the other messages I would book Renaissance but I think we will be too late by the time we get to our villa as I read that the buffet finishes at 4pm.

Where else could we go Christmas Day evening - we don't expect much but don't want to find that everywhere is packed /booked up. I would prefer to make reservations.

We will be staying at Calabay Parc so close to there would be preferred after a long journey.

Otherwise I will have to contact the villa owner and ask if they can ask their MC to get us extra shopping supplies.

Maggie

blott
02-09-2004, 16:12
Sorry, it will be too late for the Renaissance buffet but I think you can still dine there in the evening, just not the buffet.

Most of the larger type hotels will be open on Christmas day as well as all the theme park dining places. Lots of the 'normal' type restaurant places will probably be closed although places like IHOP, some Denny's, Perkins, etc may also be open then if they're 24 hour opening.

MaggieAllan
02-09-2004, 16:56
Looks like we will be contacting the MC via the owner then - I really don't fancy trailing round to find anything open. And, I would imagine the Renaissance and other hotels would be v.expensive in the evening, if they are serving at all.

Never mind, it will be a new experience for us, cooking in a villa!!! - we normally only manage breakfasts and takeaways in the villa.

Perhaps the MC can buy us some turkey and cranberry and bread, then we can make turkey sandwiches at least - I always enjoy them at home either late Xmas day or boxing day.

Maggie