PDA

View Full Version : Where does a visitor buy tackle in Orlando?

Colm
02-09-2004, 13:59
My friend will be visiting Orlando from Ireland next week. I want him to get me some tackle as its WAY cheaper in the USA than in Ireland.

Can you tell me where are the best shops to pick up boat fishing tackle. (Penn 975 reels, Shimano TLD reels, hooks, Storm shads Jellyworms etc)

Also do any of these shops have websites where I could see their stock of tackle? My friend isn't a fisherman so it would be nice to be able to print off a tackle list from a site and give it to him before he travels.

Thanks for the help.

Colm

blott
02-09-2004, 14:40
Hi Colm

Welcome to the forum!

No idea what the things are that you've mentioned but they sell a very comprehensive range of fishing gear in Wal-Mart for a start. We've also got a tackle shop near our home in Crescent Lakes, on the 17/92. Both places also sell fishing licenses.

I'm assuming that your friend is staying near Orlando but he could be staying most anywhere else I suppose. If you'd like to tell us the area, then we'd be able to help you more.

florida
02-09-2004, 19:59
Outdoor World at the end of I-Drive by the Belz Mall sells everything you could ever want to do with any type of fishing. I am sure they have a web site but have given the store brochure I brought back, to a keen fisherman friend.

Happy searching:D

AndyC
09-09-2004, 01:22
Not sure if you are still picking up your forums Colm, but there is a big Bass Pro Shop in the outdoor world mentioned in the previous post, also the storm shads are available at Walmarts, I brought home loads of them at only $2.99.....

Thinking of taking them back tho and they don't appear to be working yet:D:D:D have to get the bass use to taking the foreign stuff!!!

chrisj
09-09-2004, 02:29
I got all my stuff from Tampa when we went to Busch Gardens, So didnt bother looking in
Orlando - but im sure as others have said there are places