PDA

View Full Version : To The Experts

pauline
02-09-2004, 02:54
Hi everyone

Just wondering a few things as I am new to all of this. How do you attach the picture at the left hand side of the posts?

Also I have read the rules about what is now allowed and am wondering when anything that is not allowed is edited as the posts seem to go on immediately (not that I intend to do this) and finally for now) when or how do you become a 'Florida Expert' (not that I will be for a long long time - just curious.

Thanks
Pauline

Ray&Sarah
02-09-2004, 02:59
The pictures that people have are called avatars, do a search for this using the sites search facility and you will learn all about them. The site moderators will edit any posts that they think are unsuitable when they come across it, although they only do this when necessary so as not to cause offense. Think the site is set up not to allow bad language etc... Keep on posting and you will soon become an expert, can't remember how many posts it was though.[msnsmile2]

cjboatman
02-09-2004, 03:10
To add an avatar, go to your profile and add the link details. You will need to have your chosen picture already on the internet somewhere, either on a personal page, or copied from a copyright free site.

The more you post, the higher your rating. After a while you get a star. And it just keeps going.

Oh, btw, welcome to the forum.

pauline
02-09-2004, 03:35
Dont know if I am being really stupid or blind!!!! but I cannot see profile anywhere on the right hand side. (do have an excuse I am a newbie - ha ha) btw love your user name as my husband is a boatman!!

Pauline (thicko)

pauline
02-09-2004, 03:49
Aha have found it!!! Not so thick as I thought alhtough another small thing, I have noticed some posts have lines under them - how do you do this

Pauline

ctgirlscout
02-09-2004, 04:13
Go back to the profile and add your information to "signature".

Liam_Sandie
02-09-2004, 12:40
Hi Pauline

I think.... (althought I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong:D)that you get your first star at 30 posts and you become a Florida Junior and at 60 post your next star arrives and you become a Florida expert...and so on...we are on number 3 star and counting:D[8D]:)
Sandie & Liam

ncmurray
02-09-2004, 12:46
I have never managed to add an avatar, though I have tried many times[msnsad]

If any of the moderators read this message, please feel free to add one for me. I think "Dumbo" would be strangely appropriate:D

Liam_Sandie
02-09-2004, 12:57
Hi Nuala

I will send you a DM :D

ncmurray
02-09-2004, 13:36
Hi Sandie and Liam.

I thought that I had done it!! But now I look and there is nothing there[msnsad] I followed all your instructions, but still nothing!! I think I'll have to stat anonimous[msncry]

ncmurray
02-09-2004, 13:45
I DID IT!!!! But I have to ask myself, was it worth it!! I don't think my choice quite fits[msnsad] I think I'll have to choose another, but at least I know how to do it now:)

ncmurray
02-09-2004, 13:50
Now thats better! Although I think I prefered Snoopy:)

Genie
02-09-2004, 14:11
I thinks it's good !!

Liam_Sandie
02-09-2004, 14:44
Hi Nuala

Well done!!!:D:D I think it looks good :D

Ray&Sarah
02-09-2004, 20:18
Looks good Nuala.:D

thistle1314
03-09-2004, 01:34
Testing and pulling my hair out with avators. [msntongue]

I've found some good animations but when I right click on them I cant actually see the properties. I can see the "save as" stuff but going from what I've been reading on here for hours on end - I dont think I need to do that............ right or wrong????

What I'm I doing wrong. Please help. Many thanks. :)

amy
03-09-2004, 01:42
http://www.animationlibrary.com/a-l/
http://images.animfactory.com/

Here are 2 links which will take you to loads of avatars[msnsmile]

thistle1314
03-09-2004, 02:25
Many thanks Paul, Jen and Amy. I have these site but I just cant find where it says properties when I right click to copy the URL.

:)

blott
03-09-2004, 02:53
Properties should be right down at the bottom of the drop down list that appears when you right click on the avatar.

thistle1314
03-09-2004, 13:54
Testing this out avator again!!!

Didn't work. Right - I've right clicked and found the properties then the URL and copied. I went into my profile and pasted!!! Where I'm I going so wrong. This has become like a mission to me.

Please help and feel free to talk to me like I'm an idiot - you wont be far wrong. Many thanks.:)

*Edit* I've done it............ I've only gone and done it. Right - thats that conquered. I really wanted a nice colourful, animated Disney one so I'm away to find a replacement. I'm that chuffed.[msnsmile2]