PDA

View Full Version : BEST LOCATION

pauline
02-09-2004, 01:53
I have seen various maps but as I have never driven in Orlando, can anyone help with the best location for a villa. [msnembarrased]This may sound silly but all these 'communities' totally baffle me. I have 2 kids aged 8 and 12 but dont think we will need much going on around the villa as they are older. The ones I have to choose from are:- Calabay Parc
Windsor Palms (I know is nearest but also most exp)
Hampton Lakes
Tuscan Ridge
Greater Groves (Weston Hills)
Lake Berkley
Westridge
Reserves at Town Centre
Greater Groves
Cumbrian Lakes
Davenport
Clear Creek
Sanctuary
Does anyone know which is the newest area and easiest to get to Disney. Would be grateful for any help.

chrisj
02-09-2004, 01:55
Driving is no problem at all, the roads are wider and people dont drive like they do back here
in the UK.

02-09-2004, 01:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pauline
I have seen various maps but as I have never driven in Orlando, can anyone help with the best location for a villa. [msnembarrased]This may sound silly but all these 'communities' totally baffle me. I have 2 kids aged 8 and 12 but dont think we will need much going on around the villa as they are older. The ones I have to choose from are:- Calabay Parc
Windsor Palms (I know is nearest but also most exp)
Hampton Lakes
Tuscan Ridge
Greater Groves (Weston Hills)
Lake Berkley
Westridge
Reserves at Town Centre
Greater Groves
Cumbrian Lakes
Davenport
Clear Creek
Sanctuary
Does anyone know which is the newest area and easiest to get to Disney. Would be grateful for any help.
[/quote]

This is very difficult to answer as most villa owners will feel that their location is better, the nearest to Disney is Formosa, Rolling Hills and Windsor Palms. But all are nice and down to personal taste.

Hope this helps??

Lucy

caroline
02-09-2004, 02:04
Hi Pauline

All the communities you've listed are within about 15 minutes of Disney.
We have personal knowledge of Calabay Parc as that is where we chose to buy.
Tuscan Ridge is very close to Calabay on highway 27 as is Westridge - all 3 are very new communites.

I think you would be better focusing on what facilities you would like in the villa you rent, for example do you particularly want a themed bedroom, playstaion, spa etc and then see which villa has the things on your wish list - at least that's what I'd do;)

Happy hunting, I'm sure whichever villa you choose you'll have a fantastic time:)

huckleberry house
02-09-2004, 02:06
Hi Pauline

Welcome to the forums. The trouble with looking at maps is much the same as here really, what may look technically closer on a map may actually take longer because of busy roads etc. On the whole most communities are located within 10 to 15 minutes drive to the Disney maingate and around 20/25 minutes to Universal as many are on faster access routes than others.
Personally, bearing in mind that Disney alone covers miles of ground and you will be there all day I wouldnt get too hung up on an extra couple of minutes in a car to get there.If it was me I would start by looking for a home that had the facilities that I was after rather than a location.

Good luck, Lesley

Ray&Sarah
02-09-2004, 02:40
Think we might be a bit biased towards our own communities. Any of the ones you have listed will I am sure be ideal, most of the communties are within the "Magic" 15-20 minutes of the Disney parks. Have fun selecting.[msnsmile2]

mm69340
02-09-2004, 07:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline

I think you would be better focusing on what facilities you would like in the villa you rent, for example do you particularly want a themed bedroom, playstaion, spa etc and then see which villa has the things on your wish list - at least that's what I'd do;)

Happy hunting, I'm sure whichever villa you choose you'll have a fantastic time:)
[/quote]

I agree with Caroline- start with the Villa requirements as my communtiy gets overlooked very often as we are tucked neatly at the intersection. You have some listed further down the 27 than us.So, if the community facilities don't matter (which we have)- I would concentrate on the Villa itself.

Have fun picking!!!!

ahagan
02-09-2004, 11:57
I agree with what has been said here.

All the communities are close to Disney and on the outside most of the homes look the same. Most of the communities you listed are new. It becomes a matter of personal choice - what facilities you want in a villa.

Good luck with your search :)

Cowboy
03-09-2004, 00:59
I agree with Lesley and Adeline. Bear in mind you will use the villa for your entire stay. I would choose the villa which suited me because most of the communities are very nice.
Mike and Kath.

pauline
03-09-2004, 02:21
Thanks for all your replies, will take the advise but can anybody advise what are the newer communities? Also, do you think I should wait until Frances has been to see if any damage to any of them? (although we go on 13th October)

Thanks a lot

Pauline

Ray&Sarah
03-09-2004, 02:24
As you haven't booked yet can't hurt to wait until after the weekend.:)

CarolAnn
04-09-2004, 14:24
Agree with Sarah, Pauline, won't hurt to just wait a couple of days at all. Our community is consider new, but then I think a lot of the communities on Highway 27 fit in that category[8D]In terms of distance to parks and driving you really will find it is easier than you think. All the villas on the sites hosted by these forums have been verified too, so you have certainly come to the right place [msnwink].
Enjoy your search, there is plenty to choose from .[msnsmile][msnsmile2]

blott
04-09-2004, 15:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pauline
Thanks for all your replies, will take the advise but can anybody advise what are the newer communities? Also, do you think I should wait until Frances has been to see if any damage to any of them? (although we go on 13th October)

Thanks a lot

Pauline
[/quote]Newer communities may have building work still going on so bear that in mind when you're choosing. All the homes on the three sister sites are extremely well kept, upgraded regularly, looked after extremely well, are their owners' pride and joy and the majority are less than five years old so, whichever you choose, you should have no problems. :)

heathercobbett
04-09-2004, 15:43
Pick the villas that are right for you and telephone the owners (one phone call is worth a dozen e.mails

Blott has a point about building work;we were always honest about this until our development was complete

I am sure any house you pick you are going to be thrilled with;our jaws hit the floor the first time we rented in Florida(no photos then)

It is lovely to have some extras,you can overdo the theme parks,some time chilling out in the villa is bliss.

If you are looking at school holidays you need to get on with it or all the best villas will be gone.There seems to have been an unprecedented early rush for 2005/6

Have a great time

Beverley
04-09-2004, 16:30
I would'nt leave it to long for October half term weeks. Our villa has been fully booked for October since December and is already booked for October 2005.

October is a very popular month.