PDA

View Full Version : Help Rental Villa Needed!!

HSB
31-08-2004, 23:33
Hi

My first time post so please excuse me if I have entered this in the wrong area.

We have just had our rental villa cancelled today which was a glorious new house in Kissimmee, can anyone help provide us with a replacement villa for the dates we arrive in Orlando.

Dates are 23rd September 04 - 7th October 04. I don't mind what house type as long as it has a Pool + (preferable Jacuzzi), Internet Access, PS2 and private yard if possible but not essential oh and a child stroller please (essential).

House could be 3 bed to 7 bed for all I care as I need to book one asap.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ann-Marie
01-09-2004, 00:01
Hi HSB

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry about your villa being cancelled.

Unfortunately, all the villa owners are not allowed to respond to requests direct on this forum. However, If you go to the 'View Villas' section at the top of this website and put in the details of what kind of villa you require, the villa owners will get back to you direct with any vacancies they have.

Hope it all works out. Any other questions feel free to ask away. You'll get all the help you need from everyone here.

mm69340
01-09-2004, 00:06
Hi,

Ann Marie is right. All you need to do is put our a Genreal Inquiry for your dates from the links at the top of the site and anyone with availablilty will email you back!

Good LUCK!

HSB
01-09-2004, 00:26
Thanks guys but I have already tried that, only a handful of replies came back and they didn't cater for the options we required, is there any other websites or owners links that could help?

I requested 3/4/5/6/ bedroom houses from this site but only a few came back with dates.

rainyday
01-09-2004, 00:42
Have you tried all3 sites linked above?
You may also have put people off replying if you said a stroller was essential - most won't have one but you could pick one up yourself in Walmart for less than $100.

HSB
01-09-2004, 00:47
Funny enough I didn't ask for any of the things when I sent the general replies out, it appears as there are only a few villa's available for these dates.

I would be more than happy to purchase a stroller when were out there if need be.

jminmaine
01-09-2004, 00:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rainyday
You may also have put people off replying if you said a stroller was essential - most won't have one but you could pick one up yourself in Walmart for less than $100.
[/quote]

Actually, an umbrella stroller should cost less than $25 and we have used these on all our trips to WDW with our young children these past years.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-09-2004, 00:48
YOu can get ok strollers in K-Mart for $12. They will certainly last for your stay (if not quite a lot longer).
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rainyday
[/quote]

rainyday
01-09-2004, 00:53
Look in the late availabilities sections of this site - there are a number of villas with good deals on offer for the dates you are looking for. An email direct to an owner for a specific villa should get a response.

HSB
01-09-2004, 00:54
Im happy to pay $200 for a stroller as long as I can get a good villa, now my wife is becoming inpacient [msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-09-2004, 01:23
Just another thought - do you have a laptop because if you can take that, any villa has internet access. Just sign yourself up for www.access4free.com before you go and it's a max of $10 for the time you are there (assuming you are there less than a month) and then you can safely leave the account open (or ask for it to be closed) for no more cost. Make sure you take a note of the access number local to the villa you eventually book.

So that whittles down your list to a PS2 and private yard - both of which were nicities according to your post above.

Thus I think you should be ok with just about any villa.

Hope this helps. I've just sent out your general enquiry on our www.villasflorida.com which I do not think you have done one on so hopefully you should get some answers from there.[msnsmile2]

stabard
01-09-2004, 01:32
Might want to try a general enquiry on the onlinefloridavillas.com site too as there are a lot of new owners there who may have availablity.

Ray&Sarah
01-09-2004, 23:57
Sorry to hear about your villa being cancelled, there must be villas with availability out there.[msnsmile2]

JLBEEKEN
02-09-2004, 21:18
I am so sorry your villa was cancelled!! Hopefully you will find a place to stay soon!!

ravtino
03-09-2004, 00:31
Come on HSB we are all wondering if you have got a villa!!

Stephen Janes
03-09-2004, 00:33
I hope that by now a suitable villa could have been found

HSB
03-09-2004, 01:34
After 2 days of hard searching we have narrowed it down to a handfull and I mean handfull. None of these villas have everything the 1st one did ie 50" Plasma TV(Rare)/Net Access/ Games etc etc.

Hopefully a few more will appear but I doubt it, so tomorrow we will know which one to go with. If I owned a villa I can tell you now that I would be offering 100% the use of:

PS2
Internet + PC
Games Room if there is space
Spa
Baby Facilities

90% of properties advertised on this site and its related sites don't have any of the above which is a real shame, so from a consumers point of view it has been very dissapointing search.

Thanks for all the help.

HSB

rainyday
03-09-2004, 12:05
HSB,

I think you're being a bit harsh on the villa owners. You're looking for somewhere with less than a month to go so your search is necessarily going to be a bit restricted. I also don't think it's a true observation that 90% of the villas don't have ANY of the items on your list. I left it a bit late to book for Easter next year and had to compromise a bit on my wish list but it didn't occur to me to blame owners for not having everything I was looking for - most of the villas here are holiday homes so people will include in their villas what they want for their own holidays (and possibly items which will compensate for their cost in more bookings and/or higher rates).

heathercobbett
03-09-2004, 12:31
Just a suggestion,but have you thought of splitting your holiday between 2 villas?

We were going to get a 50" t.v. but were advised that in Florida a storm often means the t.v. needs resetting,necessitating a very expensive trip by the m.c. (not to mention our guests being without their t.v. for a while)

We therefore compromised on a 36" wide screen with 300 channels inc. B.B.C. and H.B.O. which our guests love

huckleberry house
03-09-2004, 12:35
HSb

You will find that the most desirable homes are already booked for your dates, I suspect that a high majority of homes on these sites have the facilities you were looking for but werent available for your dates. Lets face it if the villa owner had spent so much on adding all these extras and then wasnt able to book the home then the cost wouldnt have been justified anyway meaning there isnt a demand for those items. As there is a demand that choice wasnt open to you.

I dont quite understand why your original villa was cancelled nor why the owner didnt do more to find you an alternative home ??

Lesley

HSB
03-09-2004, 14:07
The original villa was cancelled as it had damage from the last storm, the owner just found out that the pool was damaged and most of the items were not fixable in time for our trip hence the cancellation.

Your all correct that my looking for a villa has been quite late which is no fault than my own, on this trip i plan to purchase a new home out there so I can use it for our future use. It won't be a rental though as we plan to spend 6 months a year out there.

I have noticed that if you intent to find a villa with everything you desire then early booking time is required for sure.

Thanks

Nigel W
03-09-2004, 14:42
Wish it was that easy HSB.

supersneak
21-09-2004, 18:22
In defence of the owners, I recently submitted an enquiry via this site and must have received at least 20 replies. Most of the villas were eminently suitable. I have since booked a villa with one of the owners and was most impressed by the system.

janice
22-09-2004, 03:24
HSB, Maybe a lot of the homes don't have 50" TVs etc, because most people go to Orlando for a holiday away from such things. I for one wouldn't want to sit in and watch TV or log on[msnsmile2]

dan
22-09-2004, 03:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by janice
HSB, Maybe a lot of the homes don't have 50" TVs etc, because most people go to Orlando for a holiday away from such things. I for one wouldn't want to sit in and watch TV or log on[msnsmile2]
[/quote] I am a villa owner with most of the mod cons which I must say are for our guests benefit, not ours. I agree, get out and enjoy your holiday. I would rather be out in that glorious sunshine or lazing by a beautiful pool :D