PDA

View Full Version : Search Facility

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
31-08-2004, 18:56
I've just installed a new search facility on the forums that replaces the old one that was available by clicking Search at the top of any forum page.

It's now VERY fast and does not time out on complicated searches like it used to.

It should now behave perfectly. Any problems, let me know [msnsmile]

blott
31-08-2004, 19:30
Blimey John, compared to the previous one, it's like grease lightening! :)

Rich-n-Ang
31-08-2004, 20:48
That is fast !!!

Well done John.

linsan
01-09-2004, 01:50
Blimey - grease lightening!

emm
03-09-2004, 02:51
Perhaps I am having a 'senior moment' here (a bit early, I might add) but when I try a search, I only get topics that are in the Villa Guests area, not the Owners'/Advertisers' areas. What am I doing wrong? I only seem to be able to find the original Search facility at the top of the page, between Members and FAQ.

blott
03-09-2004, 03:48
You need to be logged on to the owners' area before you start searching so I don't know if that's the reason?

That's where it's always been, at the top of the page Emm. :)

emm
03-09-2004, 15:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
You need to be logged on to the owners' area before you start searching so I don't know if that's the reason?

[/quote]

I am pretty sure I was logged on to that area. In fact, I know I was. I am able to read and make posts in the Advertiser/Owner area, but then when I search, nothing from those areas comes up.

fiona
11-09-2004, 04:13
I have just tried to do a search to find out some info for someone (I am getting there Alan) but I get the same as Emm, and I know I am signed in! Any other offers?

blott
11-09-2004, 04:32
Don't know Fiona, if you've tried the cookies thing, as it works OK for me on Netscape.

If you tell me what you're looking for, I can do the search for you?

fiona
11-09-2004, 04:58
I was looking for the info on flood zone, who the guy is in Osceola, for Alan. But I cheated and looked somewhere else that I knew it was on[msnwink]. I'm back on OE as now have a new computer - this is the first search I have done since it has been revamped on here and nothing in any of the owners section is coming up.

blott
11-09-2004, 05:24
It searches all the forums for me so I think we need John down here again...

emm
11-09-2004, 13:46
It's still happening to me too!!

I've deleted all the cookies - several times over just to make sure - but no change. [msnsad]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-09-2004, 14:17
It has to be down to something on your PC that is stopping or corrupting the cookies. Do you use security software which is hundering cookie access maybe?