PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Airline

Magical Dreams
30-08-2004, 23:05
As we fight our way through the crowds at most of the airports then queue to have our possessions scanned and tossed about, one satisfying thing is knowing that when we board the plane, we can relax and enjoy the flight outbound to Florida or inbound to the UK

Which Airline DO you prefer to fly with and what makes them so special??
[msnsmile2]

Magical Dreams
30-08-2004, 23:55
We like Virgin the best!!

Staff always friendly and usually eager to please.

PLUS usually more affordable when you have kids to think about!

Nostromo
31-08-2004, 00:43
It may just be coincidence, but we have received good (if not spectacular) service every time we travelled on AA and never had any problem. Under those circumstances, I have no choice but to vote for them.

amy
31-08-2004, 00:57
We went for AA aswell, if I could vote twice I would also go for Continental also as we had great service from them.

Magical Dreams
31-08-2004, 01:12
We flew last time with Delta, We had a free upgrade to Business Elite and found it to be fantastic!!
Leather Recliners the lot!!
Being back in coach on our return journey was nothing Special!!

But it was still OK!

Snapper
31-08-2004, 01:23
I'd put BA top of my list. I find their aircraft very comfortable and their service excellent. Next would be AA, who come a very close second now that they have the extra couple of inches of legroom in economy.

Had a very good experience with Continental yesterday. They were also very helpful when Charley grounded my Newark to Orlando flight 2 weeks ago.

As a differing view to most folks here I had a very bad experience with Virgin the only time I ever flew with them. I found their 747 to be old, clunky, extremely cramped and their service was no better than average. Given all the good feedback that everyone here accords Virgin I probably will give them another chance at some point - but only when they price themselves well below their (better[msnsmile]) competitors.

Ray&Sarah
31-08-2004, 11:54
We have always had a good experience with Virgin, on our departure flight this August we had a free upgrade to First Class, our first ever upgrade. Won't fly Delta as they lost Ray's case on a business trip and had a couldn't careless attitude. Going to fly AA in October for the first time so can't comment on them yet.[msnsmile2]

chrisj
31-08-2004, 12:28
I used to prefer Virgin, but just like an insurance policy, you can only really judge them
when something goes wrong, Thsi year Virgin fell off my list.

The only other airline that we have flown that have gone OTT before,during the flight were
Cyprus Airways, To be honest I do wonder if its a culture thing as the Cypriots are very
friendly.

We have flown Virgin quite a few times and the only time the FA's have been nice was the last
flight home, I think they had been told how badly we had been treated and made sure we had
nothing to complain about

CarolAnn
01-09-2004, 15:22
Hope you enjoy your flight with AA Ray&Sarah:) I have to confess we have had 2 fabulous flights with them:) Food was great,service great,seats though in economy were the best ever:):DWish they flew direct, but having said that, they were a good price too when we went, so if you don't mind the detours they are great [^]:)
Hope you have a nice trip, no envy here....MUCH[:p][:p]

KirstieLou
01-09-2004, 16:29
Been with US Airways twice and using them again on Sept 17th. The entertainment is ON DEMAND and the 7.5 hour flight to Philli passes sooooooooooo quickly!

Lynnes
01-09-2004, 17:23
Always ALWAYS BA - mind you could be biased our son is a pilot for them:D

Mo Green
01-09-2004, 17:43
Delta everytime especially now we have reached Silver Medallion status which means we can board early and don't have to fight for overhead lockers.
Staff are always pleasant and we quite enjoy the stop in Atlanta.

Maureen

chrisj
01-09-2004, 17:45
Not too keen on BA, i know too many BA staff im afraid

blott
01-09-2004, 18:03
Perhaps it'd be better to have a poll on our least favourite airline?

chrisj
01-09-2004, 18:10
Think VOTP will win that one Blott :D

cjboatman
01-09-2004, 18:58
I found Delta to be great. I went on a quick trip to Florida with the brother and we both got a free upgrade, so i suppose i am a little biased.

Havent flown with Virgin or BA yet.

Lynnes
01-09-2004, 20:02
Chrisj

Don't know what you mean about BA staff

chrisj
01-09-2004, 22:08
Well its just what ive been told by the people I know thats all

Magical Dreams
01-09-2004, 22:31
Well I had thought about doing a poll for that too, but I don't think you get enough choices to name them all!!

[8D]

Nostromo
02-09-2004, 00:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Perhaps it'd be better to have a poll on our least favourite airline?
[/quote]

If we did, I would say BA without the slightest hesitation. Orlando sector may not be too bad in some people's opinion, but we have tried it in other sectors - to India for instance. Absolute pits. We now use Lufthansa to go there, which is excellent despite the stop/change at Frankfurt.

Pluto
06-09-2004, 01:47
I would say Virgin. We always use them to fly long haul and have always received an excellent service.

pigletsplace2003
13-09-2004, 23:48
Virgin by miles.....[msnwink]

worldpeace
23-09-2004, 23:48
fly virgin in 2wks will let u know; Flown with Travel City Direct Sunshine Uper Deck: Was very good, Ton's of space plus very nice helpful.

Elaine62
24-09-2004, 02:18
we flew with AA last year from Glasgow to Orlando via Chicago. The trip there was uneventful apart from the fact that none of the stewardesses were under sixty (they all acted like they were playing a part in the "Prime of Miss Jean Brodie") and they kept getting on to you if you didn't stay in your seat with your seatbelt on!

However we had a 4 hour delay at Chicago before we left and we were not kept informed about anything. By the time they ran the films on the flight it was quite late and they had no eyemasks or earplugs to give to the passengers. Then my 10 year old daughter started throwing up. When I called them all they were interested in was whether or not it was on the seat! I got scolded by one of them for putting a full sick bag in the wrong place, and was told that they had no water to give my daughter, another passenger helped us out here.

I would never fly with them again.

Elaine

Magical Dreams
24-09-2004, 02:34
Hi Elaine62
Sorry to heat about AA

Never flown with them and quite glad now I think!!

Delta have the older end when it comes to the Stewardesses etc, It was like being in the queue at the post office on a tuesday, BUT they were all wonderful when we flew with them in June/July

Still prefer Virgin tho!!
[8D]

Elaine62
24-09-2004, 22:41
we've booked with BA for next year from Gatwick. At least if you're delayed in Gatwick there is a bit more to do. In Chicago there is very little to do as all the departure areas are so far apart and each one has only 1 or 2 restaurants/shops.

Not that I'm intending to get stranded at Gatwick but you never know!

Elaine

domster
01-10-2004, 20:09
BA man myself.

DOM

CERICROWLEY
01-10-2004, 20:17
I've voted Continental. One because of the frequent flyer program. Two I can still use direct flight with Virgin with them and its cheaper. Three There indirect flights are great. good connections. Massive dedicated terminal. and no running from one terminal to another, its all in the same area.

Hey John Where's the thumbs up smilies??

Champagne
04-10-2004, 19:02
Virgin - they fly direct from Manchester into Orlando International - and sometimes do upgrades for nice people!

bryj
22-10-2004, 04:27
I like the one that gets me there when it says it will, with my bags in the hold. On a good day it could be any of them, and on a bad day none of them.

I usually use BA, because I work for them, but I have used AA, and was astonished at the lack of service (internal flight). Literally, NO inflight service. :(

Dennan
22-10-2004, 10:51
Martinair, as it is the only Dutch airline which fly directly to Orlando

WR1
23-10-2004, 02:04
Virgin followed by BA - good arrival times in MCO from Gatwick & have always had good inflight service.

tezz7628
23-10-2004, 03:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bryj

I usually use BA, because I work for them, but I have used AA, and was astonished at the lack of service (internal flight). Literally, NO inflight service. :(
[/quote]

i got a paper carry bag at the gate once was it them?

jxlvr
24-11-2004, 03:47
Southwest

Magical Dreams
12-12-2004, 21:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jxlvr
Southwest
[/quote]

Never flewn with these!!

Any good??

fraser
09-06-2005, 21:39
Virgin from London is great, the staff seem so much friendlier, Manchester is not as good, the planes are on hire from Icelandic Air and are in need of a good overall. I have flown Upper Class from Gatwick and it was by far the best way to travel. I have just got the Virgin credit card 2 air miles for every £1.00 spent, spend £15,000 and you get a free companion flight. I have just cut up my old company card and look forward to more Free Upper Class trips. [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

domster
09-06-2005, 21:41
I am suprised Virgin has many more votes than BA.

09-06-2005, 21:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fraser
Virgin from London is great, the staff seem so much friendlier, Manchester is not as good, the planes are on hire from Icelandic Air and are in need of a good overall. I have flown Upper Class from Gatwick and it was by far the best way to travel. I have just got the Virgin credit card 2 air miles for every £1.00 spent, spend £15,000 and you get a free companion flight. I have just cut up my old company card and look forward to more Free Upper Class trips. [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

Manchester now has the same aircraft as Gatwick they rotate them up here - they have Upper Class from MAN now too[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Magical Dreams
11-06-2005, 00:31
We have no complaints with Virgin, the odd thing that happens are usually sorted out!

[msnsmile2]

kokomo
11-06-2005, 00:45
Virgin would be our first choice if we could afford it everytime so my second vote has to be others.[msnembarrased]

dawn
11-06-2005, 00:53
No mention of the charter airlines - now that would be interesting reading[msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
12-06-2005, 12:17
have just noticed that my name isnt on here! so thought i had better add my vote to![msnwink]
i like Virgin, have used them twice the first time was rubbish but the second time was great no complaints, in fact i sent a letter to Richard Branson telling him how great the service was! i was quick enough to complain when things went bad so thought do the decent thing when its gone good!!!
am not worried about short haul flights, as its almost over before you get there!
Virgin rocks!!! (we'll look this one up again when we have had the next trip in 14 weeks!!!!)

12-06-2005, 13:02
I was reading an airline forum yesterday and there was a long thread about TCD, they called them Travel S***y and were saying about 80% of their flights were tail s[bad language filtered out]pers - the tail touches the runway on take off!![msnscared]

BA (ex crew) and Virgin for me[clap][clap][clap][clap]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 15:05
Would they not have to return to have it inspected in this that case though Lucy?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
I was reading an airline forum yesterday and there was a long thread about TCD, they called them Travel S***y and were saying about 80% of their flights were tail s[bad language filtered out]pers - the tail touches the runway on take off!![msnscared]

[/quote]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 15:07
We flew back on G-VLIP (Hot Lips) yesterday and I have to say I thought it was every bit as tatty as the old B747-200's Virgin used to use on the MAN-MCO route. The food was awful too (could not bring ourselves to eat it) but the service, as ever, was spot on [msnsmile2]

I did find out one interesting thing: At MCO I looked at the moving map and it showed us doing a 106 mile hop from St Lucia to Barbados. I queried this with a member of cabin crew and she said "they must have put the wrong video in". I then asked if it is real time data and she admitted it was not! I never knew that [msnsad]

12-06-2005, 15:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Would they not have to return to have it inspected in this that case though Lucy?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sometimes its not evident untill after landing, they have a high rate of delays as you know and this maybe one the causes, lots of engineering checks etc!!![msnwink] I had it happen once on a 737 400 it was the F/O first take off on it instead of a 200 which as you know is shorter, the Capt saw the damage on the turn round checks[msnwink] We just thought iit was a bit of a sharp take off and didn't really notice[msnscared]

12-06-2005, 15:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We flew back on G-VLIP (Hot Lips) yesterday and I have to say I thought it was every bit as tatty as the old B747-200's Virgin used to use on the MAN-MCO route. The food was awful too (could not bring ourselves to eat it) but the service, as ever, was spot on [msnsmile2]

I did find out one interesting thing: At MCO I looked at the moving map and it showed us doing a 106 mile hop from St Lucia to Barbados. I queried this with a member of cabin crew and she said "they must have put the wrong video in". I then asked if it is real time data and she admitted it was not! I never knew that [msnsad]
[/quote]

Me niether!!! Not good news about the state of the aircaft though John, were you up the front end? PE or UC?[msnwink] Food out of Orlando in my view is always bad even on BA, at least the service was good!!![msnwink]

Steviek
12-06-2005, 16:34
We have just come back. We used virgin. Thought it was better to pay that bit extra than have to make transfers. It was worth every penny. the flight back was only 6.5hours to Manchester. The food going out was fine. The food coming back was so awful. The staff said it was the US suppliers that were the problem

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 17:04
Unfortunately just economy class this time.

We had veggie meals but the salad dressing was Caesar which included anchovy paste. We made a formal complaint about it as it's ludicrous that they are supplying fish in a veggie meal and we did not want any other passengers falling foul of it. The cabin crew said they have had all sorts of problems with the MCO catering and would make sure our complaint was acted on.

I suspect the cheese also contained non veggie renet so we did not eat it. The bread roll just had a label on the back saying to write to an address in Chicago for a list of ingreditents!

[/quote]

Me niether!!! Not good news about the state of the aircaft though John, were you up the front end? PE or UC?[msnwink] Food out of Orlando in my view is always bad even on BA, at least the service was good!!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Katys Grandad
12-06-2005, 22:31
In contrast to John's exprience, my complaint about airline food is that the regular dishes usually contain things that can hardly be described as 'meat'. It now seems that the veggie selections are equally inaccurately described. I've more or less given it up.

I wonder what future serving food on planes has? The airlines have almost eliminated it on domestic services even if the flights are many hours long. It wouldn't surprise me if free inflight hot food disappeared completely in the next few years. Not only would the airlines save on the actual food but presumably the flight attendant numbers would reduce to what was required purely for safety.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 23:23
LOL - I'd totally agree. Judging my the pathetic attempt served up on our flights they may as well not have bothered as we did not see many people actually eating it, but did see quite a few sandwiches being eaten.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
In contrast to John's exprience, my complaint about airline food is that the regular dishes usually contain things that can hardly be described as 'meat'. It now seems that the veggie selections are equally inaccurately described. I've more or less given it up.

I wonder what future serving food on planes has? The airlines have almost eliminated it on domestic services even if the flights are many hours long. It wouldn't surprise me if free inflight hot food disappeared completely in the next few years. Not only would the airlines save on the actual food but presumably the flight attendant numbers would reduce to what was required purely for safety.
[/quote]

Snapper
13-06-2005, 00:13
I queried this with a member of cabin crew and she said "they must have put the wrong video in". I then asked if it is real time data and she admitted it was not! I never knew that [msnsad]
[/quote]

I'm not sure I believe that John. Those moving maps are so accurate, even when you are stacked somewhere they track every turn and altitude change. If they are enabled when the aircraft is on the ground and taxis they also track all the direction changes. They could never get a video to synchronise that well, or even know the taxi or hold patterns so far in advance. They must be real time data.

I'd wager that your short hop to Barbados was something in the FMS that possibly shouldn't have been there.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-06-2005, 02:19
I know - it made no sense to me either [msneek].

It never did make it to Barbados either but did report we were at 8ft doing 20mph. Methinks there was a glitch in the bit that connects the system to the FMS!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
I queried this with a member of cabin crew and she said "they must have put the wrong video in". I then asked if it is real time data and she admitted it was not! I never knew that [msnsad]
[/quote]

I'm not sure I believe that John. Those moving maps are so accurate, even when you are stacked somewhere they track every turn and altitude change. If they are enabled when the aircraft is on the ground and taxis they also track all the direction changes. They could never get a video to synchronise that well, or even know the taxi or hold patterns so far in advance. They must be real time data.

I'd wager that your short hop to Barbados was something in the FMS that possibly shouldn't have been there.
[/quote]

Steviek
13-06-2005, 03:06
We were told that the staff have to suffer so many complaints about the food supplied at MCO they have requested 3xs the no of sandwiches to deal with the complaints but the powers that be have refused so on our flight about 25% had to go hungry.
Even that wouldnt put me off booking again as the flight times and direct outweigh that

domster
13-06-2005, 22:08
Yeah but when you pay a lot of money to fly Virgin (and I mean loads more) why settle for it. There are plenty of other airlines that fly there.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-06-2005, 22:26
There is only one that does MAN-MCO - Virgin. I'd love to have more choice...

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
Yeah but when you pay a lot of money to fly Virgin (and I mean loads more) why settle for it. There are plenty of other airlines that fly there.
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
13-06-2005, 23:21
Oh well off to Krispy Kremes then for a takeout to take on the plane for dinner:D
I normally buy a salad from California Kitchen to eat on the plane. I am so sick of the same meals on the airline we use, everytime we fly it is the same choice inward and outward and has been for the last 3 years or so, the movies have been the same all year too. If I have to watch Garfield or the Banger Sisters one more time I shall scream. I just slept all the way back last week. Flying from UK never mind Virgin is a novelty for us, although we hate MCO nealy as much as Sandford and would much rather fly into the airports on the Gulf coast.

13-06-2005, 23:29

[/quote]
[/quote]

BA or BMI should start up in direct competition!!!![msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-06-2005, 23:35
I wish they would.

I saw the other day that US Airways are now advertising their US196 as MAN-PHL-MCO - it used to be MAN-PHL-SFO. I think it still involves a change of aircraft in PHL but have not checked into it any more than that.

[/quote]
[/quote]

BA or BMI should start up in direct competition!!!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Snapper
13-06-2005, 23:42
Mmmmmmm, BA flying a 777 MAN-TPA would be just perfect.

Hey. We can all dream can't we?

domster
16-06-2005, 11:14
There are lots of charter airlines that fly Man-San. And they are all direct.

John, I know what you mean about competition, why another airline does not do it is beyond me. I have never been on the Virgin flight before from MAN, but people tell me it is fully booked.

There must be a call for it.

Katys Grandad
16-06-2005, 20:04
American Airlines have a service MAN-MIA which is probably the nearest route by a scheduled airline. Dissapointingly, the service has been reduced from NOV-APR to something like late DEC to mid-MARCH. I don't know what that is telling us but it's not great news for northern travellers to Florida.

I suspect that Virgin are very happy with the situation though!

domster
16-06-2005, 21:34
I bet they are. That is why you can't get a flight with them for under £600.

ballantrae
19-06-2005, 15:40
I like Continental as they have flights to usa direct ( no need to go through london), this means that when we arrive early in the morning it is straight home rather than hanging around at heathrow waiting for the shuttle.

chrisflowers
19-06-2005, 21:21
I like Continental as you reach elite status easily, and usually get frist class upgrades on internal flights.
Now they fly from Bristol, so only 1 1/2 hours drive from home

I have flown with VA manytimes in the past, but usually on the Heathrow NY flights.

Gatwick is a long drive for us, but the Virgin direct Orlando flight with twilight checkin is great, if there is no alternative

flyrr100
20-06-2005, 06:41
US Airways Business Class. I work in the industry so I never travel coach unless I really have to.
US Airways are the best.
Although, the Brit airlines won't upgrade non-revenue passengers. But most US airlines will apologuise if they cant.

solanasunshine
22-06-2005, 17:55
We like Virgin, however some friends of ours who have a 4 year old son travelled back from MCO recently with them and were sitting near the staff galley and had to complain as the staff were all using bad language (between themselves)and their little boy kept asking what f*** meant!

Luckily we have never had that sort of experience.[msnscared]

nicklangdon
23-06-2005, 13:44
We used First Choice Airways (i think they bought Air2000 planes)direct from Gatwick to Sanford and thought it was great.Nice new refurbished and plenty of leg room!

domster
26-06-2005, 23:08
To be honest we normally fly Charter (as we are in July with charter travel). I have never had a bad US flight and have flown with Mytravel, First choice and Thomson.

I always find they are good value for money and would rather pay less, but still fly direct.

I am a sort of person who just can't stomach paying over the odds for flying scheduled (even if the seat has 1inch more legroom).

Katys Grandad
26-06-2005, 23:31
I agree DOM, I don't see any sense in paying more for something that is basically the same product and I have travelled on several charters and virtually all the major scheduled carriers.

However I think the scheduled airlines do have the edge when it comes to flexibility on dates and trip durations. Because of my work schedule I can't often go over for periods of full weeks. Unless I am very lucky, I find it almost impossible to use charters for these periods. Some even insist on 14 days only, take it or leave it.

Magical Dreams
26-06-2005, 23:40
We usually do a thorough search.

Charter or Scheduled - Makes no difference. Still prefer Virgin

Flights are no better, but the staff are by far we have found!

[msnsmile2]

We are now going with US Airways in Novemeber, but not sure about August/September, but its looking like Virgin.
May even try TCD!

Its only for closing, so a cargo plane will do as long as we get there and things are sorted!!
[msncool]

orlandodaze
19-07-2005, 23:42
We have travelled to Florida in the past with Delta, BA and Virgin Atlantic. However this year we chose to fly direct from Dublin with Aer Lingus. The fare was slightly higher than BA but we decided to go with as the flight was direct and you clear immigration in Dublin. Unfortunately Aer Lingus do not offer Orlando bound passengers the opportunity to clear immigration in Dublin. It's completed in Orlando with all the BA, Virgin Atlantic and other charter passengers ahead of you in the queue.

The outbound flight was ok. The majority cabin crew were quite unfriendly and rushed the service. Dinner was either lasagne or beef which was adequate. The only other snack was tea\coffee and one (1!) biscuit an hour before landing. There are no seatback tv's and the airbus 330-200 is crammed with seats. There were a total of 4 toilets for over 230 passengers...

While the outbound flight was ok, the return flight from Orlando was a disaster. We departed Orlando two hours late. The Inflight Entertainment was out of order. The cabin crew were miserable and made no secret of it. They ignored any passenger requests\call bells, one lady with a sick child was repeatedly ignored when she asked for help. The pilot made one announcement blaming the delayed departure on a "aircraft technical problem" - no further explaniation or apology was offered, nor was there any reassurance that the technical problem was resolved!

The senior cabin crew appeared to spend the majority of the flight sitting \ sleeping in the (empty) business cabin. On arrival in Shannon where we told we had to drop of two passengers and would be back on route to Dublin in 40 minutes, this turned out to be 2 hours sitting on the tarmac in Shannon with no passengers disembarking. The crew made no effort to explain what was happening and again repeatedly ignored the ringing call bells. The Cabin Manager then announced that we would all have to disembark in Shannon as the crew were not continuing onward to Dublin. No furthr info was offered and any requests were met with a indifferent suggestion to complain to the Station Manager. Many other passengers had connecting flights to the UK and beyond which they all missed.

In Shannon we waited over two hours in the departure lounge until we were offered seats on the Chicago flight(!!) which would drop us of in Dublin!!

Eventually we arrived back to Dublin to chaos in the baggage hall. Aer Lingus had no idea where the baggage from the original Orlando flight was, two hours later the baggage appeared. After originally being scheduled to arrive in Dublin at approx 9am it was 13.00 when we made it to Dublin ,we were the lucky ones we were only 12 miles from home unlike many people who had missed their connecting flights , and people who had long car journeys ahead of them .I believe Aer Lingus are axeing the Dublin /Orlando route in January , a shame really because it was terrific to have a direct flight from Ireland. Next time we shall go with B A or Virgin or Delta , all of whom we have travelled with in the past most successfully.

Macka
15-09-2005, 19:53
Whoa, thanks for the info Olive, won't be doing that then.

We travel BA whenever possible. the only airline we've found that were better were Thai, who ironically are the littlest people but have the biggest seat pitch of all.

I've heard a lot of people unhappy with BA but we've never had a bad flight with them, and on the last 7 trips to Florida, we've had an upgrade to Club at leat one way. We've paid £250 to upgrade once (bargain) and once took a flight via Chicago rather than direct to Orlando, in return for Club class to Chicago and £250 each for the four of us as compensation. That's 1000 quid for something we opted for!

BA for me.

15-09-2005, 20:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
Whoa, thanks for the info Olive, won't be doing that then.

We travel BA whenever possible. the only airline we've found that were better were Thai, who ironically are the littlest people but have the biggest seat pitch of all.

I've heard a lot of people unhappy with BA but we've never had a bad flight with them, and on the last 7 trips to Florida, we've had an upgrade to Club at leat one way. We've paid £250 to upgrade once (bargain) and once took a flight via Chicago rather than direct to Orlando, in return for Club class to Chicago and £250 each for the four of us as compensation. That's 1000 quid for something we opted for!

BA for me.
[/quote]

Being an ex BA Girl this is nice to hear!!! I always gave 110% to my passengers and its nice to get some positive feedback for my colleages - it seems to be a national past time to knock BA but I love them[msnwink]

Sally D
15-09-2005, 22:29
We have flown Virgin and BA, had no problems with either but BA had the edge for us. Hopefully I will be saying that again in 4 weeks as we are flying with BA again.

Magical Dreams
10-01-2006, 01:30
We are flying with Thomson on the 27th Jan

Not travelled to Florida with them since 1998....

Hope its OK!!

[msnsmile2]

domster
10-01-2006, 05:50
Should be fine as we did this last July.

We upgraded to the premier section and was well worth the extra. Seats were like the larger premium economy (and only 75 quid each way more). All we did was upgrade when we booked.

ALR
11-01-2006, 23:20
I like Virgin because I prefer a direct flight and if we flew with BA we would have to go down to London which we have done in the past but after a long flight home you don't want to start another journey, and you don't want the hassle of getting off one plane to get on another to fly up to manchester and then have to drive from Manchester across the pennines home.

ShirleyCottam
09-02-2006, 03:59
I like Virgin as we fly from Manchester. We did fly thompson last year and it was a good flight.

ShirleyD
28-05-2006, 20:14
I voted for BA as like Julie,I am one of them too. I have travelled with many different airlines and I think they are all as good as the staff on the day and it is a nice feeling that you have made that day for someone.

orlandodaze
01-06-2006, 04:32
I reserve judgement until I have traveled with Air Canada this year , so far we have gone with Delta , Virgin BA and aer Lingus , and probably BA come out on top for what you get for your money . I really dont expect great things from Air Canada but this year they are the cheapest and going through Toronto suits us .

becbecs
01-06-2006, 14:48
Virgin for us, or as a fall back US Airways are excellent also but you have to do a 1 stop at Philidelphia. We fly from Manchester

chrizzy100
01-06-2006, 17:23
The only bad fight we've ever had was with Air Canada....we use Jetblue for our trips down to FL...all the staff are really good at their job...very friendly and helpful...we use them about 5 times a year and every trip has been first class...

orlandodaze
01-06-2006, 19:27
Oh Chrizzy ,you scare me ,we are flying with Air Canada at the end of June to Toronto and then on to Tampa. We choose A .C because they were the cheapest.

Magical Dreams
14-06-2006, 16:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
Virgin for us, or as a fall back US Airways are excellent also but you have to do a 1 stop at Philidelphia. We fly from Manchester
[/quote]

We did this flight in november last year with the In-Laws.

Turn around was great and meant there was no rushing about!

Still prefer virgin, nice planes and staff.

orlandodaze
15-06-2006, 05:01
Andrew and Diane , thank you for your comments , I just met a lady at work today who had flown from Toronto to Dublin no problem while she assured me they were nowhere superb they were fine and delivered what they had to well . Who cares Im going to end up in Florida anyway Yippppeee.

trevlad
17-06-2006, 02:41
VIRGIN FOR US AND THE KIDS . GAMES /FILMS ETC.

ALEX GOES PREPARED WITH HER COLOURING PENS NOW, SHE WON A FLIGHT BEAR LAST YEAR AND CHOCOLATES THIS YEAR IN THE KIDS COLURING COMPETITION

WE HAVE HAD FREE FLIGHT VOUCHERS FROM THEM FOR OFFERING TO DELAY AND KAREN GOT CHAMPAGNE AND A £50 VOUCHER FOR MEDICALLY TREATING A HEART PATIENT AT TWO IN THE MORNING COMING HOME(PROBABLY SAVED THEM THOUSANDS NOT HAVING TO LAND SOMEWHERE - OR WOULD THEYVE JUST CARRIED ON???) [msneek]

OH AND CREDIT TO THE ENTRPRENEUR BRANSON

Sazere
10-07-2006, 13:46
I voted Delta as really enjoyed my flight with them. I liked Atlanta airport and the proper menu (we had steak in economy).

However price wise we have not been able to beat Travel City Direct and have flown with them since 2004. My in-laws always fly first class with TCD and love it (well you would for £400/500 would'nt you, lol)!

kokomo
10-07-2006, 17:11
It has to be Virgin for us.

orlandochris
06-01-2007, 00:59
Virgin for me. Friendly staff, great on-board entertainment, and the cheapest I have found every time!!

palmvillas
06-01-2007, 12:51
Virgin for us.....until our last flight with them that was changed at the last minute.

Will be monitoring the service again in February, hopefully our "experience" was a one off.

Neil & Debbie

wendyd
05-03-2007, 22:32
Virgin for me. Have had some realy nice flights with them .

petermill
18-01-2009, 03:28
For flying to Florida definitely Virgin but if Emirates flew from Manchester to Orlando would use them flew with them to Dubai and they were fantastic!

randyj
04-03-2009, 04:39
the last few years we flew Air Canada and everyyear it gets worse. We were down in March 2008 and said that was the last time we will fly Air Canada. BAD BAD Customer Service.
This year we booked thru WestJet and could'nt believe the Prices Wow talk about savings we fly on March 23 2009 and can hardly wait

kateydoodles
09-04-2010, 00:01
We've flown twice now with Virgin and found that their service was really fantastic- the staff were so friendly and actually made such a long flight enjoyable! Even the usually awful airplane food tasted better than with other airlines!
The first time our family flew with Virgin I was only 7, and my younger brother was 5. That's something I'd really have to commend them on- their treatment of kids. For children a 9 hour flight is a looooong time, but Virgin was really fantastic at providing entertainment.
I'd give them a huge thumbs up, and I'd recommend them to anyone :)

Kate

tony2000
10-04-2010, 07:32
It has to be virgin for us

tony