PDA

View Full Version : early enrty

bonnie
19-09-2002, 01:16
Disney has decided to bring back the 1 hour Early entry to the theme parks, starting 01 October. I am not sure of the scheduled days yet. Bonnie

imported_n/a
19-09-2002, 01:38
Did they take this away for the main holidays do you think? and I wonder why.

A bus full of Disney characters was visiting the resort hotels one by one each day as a replacement - wonder what the thinking was behind that?

At least with early entry gets all the resort hotel guests (boo to hotel guests - villas are cheaper!!) up and in early so helps with the queues later in the day - well that's the theory.

orlandobabe
19-09-2002, 15:29
So the EE is only for Disney guests-is that right?
I always thought that anyone could go in early.

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
19-09-2002, 15:56
Alison

Probably another blonde moment, but always thought for some reason that it was only for resort guests? As an extra for them choosing Disney hotels, but probably right off track!

I know if you stay at Universal hotels at the moment, some are offering tickets in the room price and also "front of queue" privelidges (Can't spell sorry!)

athurstance
19-09-2002, 16:01
It is only for Disney Resort guests plus Swan/Dolphin and Hilton at Lake Buena Vista guests. Starts October 1st 2002. The parks will open one hour prior to the regularly scheduled park opening hours on specific dates.

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - MGM
Wednesday - Epcot
Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Friday - Animal Kingdom
Saturday - MGM Studios

Although villa people don't directly benefit I always found it tends to swarm resort guests to the EE park and leave the others quiet for the rest of us so I'm glad its back.

Angela

Precious
19-09-2002, 17:27
I could never be bothered to the EE who wants to get up that early anyway?

florida4sun
19-09-2002, 18:46
The best way to do the parks is visit each park the day afetre its EE day. That way all the Disney lot should be in another park.

quote:
It is only for Disney Resort guests plus Swan/Dolphin and Hilton at Lake Buena Vista guests. Starts October 1st 2002. The parks will open one hour prior to the regularly scheduled park opening hours on specific dates.

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - MGM
Wednesday - Epcot
Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Friday - Animal Kingdom
Saturday - MGM Studios

Although villa people don't directly benefit I always found it tends to swarm resort guests to the EE park and leave the others quiet for the rest of us so I'm glad its back.

Angela

Martin

Another Day in Paradise!

bonnie
19-09-2002, 19:04
we never used the early enrty, too many people at the park that morning anyway. We would go to the other parks instead.

imported_n/a
21-09-2002, 20:47
Also as of 1st October, Disney are going to revamp their Meet and Greet the Characters.

Expect to see lots of characters, including a large number of new characters, rarely seen doing 'meet and greet'.

Characters will take part in a new park opening each morning at the Magic Kingdom, providing even more opportunities to meet your favourite characters.

Epcot will see the return of more characters throughout the World Showcase.

My kids are delighted - so am I but can't tell them that!

esprit
22-09-2002, 21:06
The characters have been really down in numbers since 9/11 when Disney laid off 2000 cast members. Not just characters, street performers and musicians too. Disney are re-engaging 450 staff as they obviously think things are now on the up and up. This will enable them to bring back some of the old characters, bring in some new ones and re-introduce some street performances. This will give the parks a more busy feel and has to be a good thing.

Julie Carty