PDA

View Full Version : days 6 - 10

treena
28-08-2004, 05:54
Sorry it's taken so long for the next report. I must admit I'm still not back to normal hence I'm writing at 1am! I thought I would be back to normal by now as I went back to work less than 24hrs after returning.

Day 6 (Saturday): We spent this day recovering from our late night after our visit from charley, It is at this point that I have to thank the hospitality of our fellow English neighbour, whom is looking to rent he's newly bought villa but didn't know about this website..he does now! if it wasn't for their kindness i think we would have had a truly horrible evening, Thank you Nick and Kate wherever you are. Nick and kate looked after us all evening and my son son and niece, not to mention how they provided my mother and I with plenty of wine, not that we needed any encouragement!

Day 7: We decided to visit Epcot today which proved a good choice as it was very quiet, we didn't have to queue for any rides and ended are day with a very nice meal in the 'Rose and Crown'. It felt especially good as we had no cold drinks to go back to in the villa and I took great pride in ordering a pint of 'Stella'(how unladylike!)
As is usaul with our party disaster soon followed, my son ended up shuting one of the doors to the shops on his toe....good heavens you would have thought his toe had been ripped off but the kind lady behind the counter said she take myself and Owen off to the medical centre,
where he proceeded to get as much attention as possible. Good thing was we ended up with a stroller to watch the fireworks while my son held he's ice pack on his foot(poor dear), I feel i have to add that all he had done was lift he's nail off slightly but hey that a seven year for you!
Fireworks were excelent as usaul.

Day 8: today we went off to Sea world and what a brillant day this was, it is a great day, i hope we are not the only ones to fall for the father/son trick at the dolphin show...truly brillant! This was my husband's and son's first trip here and both said it was there favourite place. the only sad thing was as we had no power at the villa we couldn't charge the video camera , so we got no video coverage,and this was a little disappointing.

Day 9: we started off the day very excited today as we were going to kennedy, hubby, son and myself very excited, I am not sure wether hubby was more excited about drive down there or trip itself but hey thats not my problem. I do have to say if it fits into your schedule do try and do a visit to Kennedy as it is a very relaxing drive down there and a truly fascinating day when you arrive. Shameful as it might sound my son seemed to enjoy this more than any of the disney parks (rollercoasters excluded). I personally was very glad it didn't rain this day as every since I first visited in 1987 it has always rained on my visit to Kennedy.

Day 10: We went to AK on this day and have to admit none of our party were very impressed with this park, It was extremelly busy and even though we got there extremelly early for the safari ride all the animals were already asleep.Although not relavant to the topic this was also the day that we got news that my husband had passed his promotinal exams at work (which he has been working towards for the last 12 months) So even though we didn't have a brillant day at AK we went back and celebrated my husbands results at the villa with a couple of bottles of wine. Well down Matt I'm proud of you!!!

CarolAnn
29-08-2004, 15:42
Thanks Treena, loved to read your report:) Well done to Matt too! I agree with you about AK, My daughter likes some of the attractions, and the Safari ride this year to be fair was our best one yet(bit hit & miss though)Overall, I feel it is the only park that allows you to say," could miss that one, if short on time"[msnwink]

Nostromo
29-08-2004, 20:04
My family and I rather liked AK. We went on the Safari around 10am and all the animals were active. But that was in late April and it must have been quite moderate compared to the heat in August. The animals tend to rest when it gets really hot and your party must have been caught out at the wrong time.