PDA

View Full Version : feeling sick

tyson1212
26-08-2004, 22:56
when i went on back to the future it made me feel sick, i want to go on spiderman is it any worse.

chrisj
26-08-2004, 23:07
I loved spiderman, my mum suffers from motion sickness and she even came on the ride and loved
it

Ann-Marie
26-08-2004, 23:21
Tyson

Take it from me, Spiderman is no way near as bad a Back to the Future. I gave that a miss this year as it makes me pretty sick too. Spiderman is great - you'll love it.

E. Cosgrove
27-08-2004, 00:11
Back to the future, Star Tours, Body Wars, the one in Sea World (can't remember it's name!) and Spiderman are all no no's for me!!!

cjboatman
27-08-2004, 00:18
Back to the future is a very rough ride, would certainly bring about motion sickness if you suffer from it at all. I think Spiderman is much better, you still get the feeling you are moving without your stomach joining in.

The effects in Spiderman are brilliant.

Lynnes
27-08-2004, 01:09
have to say i loved back to the future - and I'm a granny

Lynne

esprit
27-08-2004, 02:33
Spiderman is fine. There is so much going on you wont even think about it!!

Nostromo
27-08-2004, 15:30
All simulator type rides cause motion sickness in those susceptible. The worst for this is undoubtedly Mission:SPACE, but others like Wild Arctic (SW), Back to the Fututre (US), Star Tours (MGM) Body Wars (Epcot), Dinosaur (AK) etc can aslo do the same. The 'Indoor Theme Park' Disney Quest has some really motion-sicky rides like Cyberspace Mountain ([xx(]). Avoid these if you or the kids have motion-sickness.

jolliffee
28-08-2004, 13:12
Spiderman fools the brain not the body, very little movement relatively speaking..[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
29-08-2004, 00:03
Spiderman Rocks:):DAnd I don't do REALLY bad rides, but this is very good, without scaring the wits out of you[:p][xx(][:p]

amy
29-08-2004, 01:27
I found spiderman fine but there where a few in our party who felt a little sick when they came off.In my opinion Back to the future is worse for the sickly feeling.:)

bridget
31-08-2004, 23:28
It's the best ride out of all the parks. I hope you can give it a go!
:)

yorkshirerose
01-08-2005, 05:11
<span style="font-family:Verdana"></span id="Verdana">[msnsad]Are there any images/ graphics or anything ressembling an actual spider; I can't even stomach a still photo so a 3D image would just about finish me off? Does anyone have any other spider warnings for attractions in Us or IOA or Busch Gardens? I've been warned about one dropping down in Shrek but so long as I know when to close my eyes,I'll still go on the ride.Needlesss to say,last year I spent most of Bug's life with my eyes shut!!!!!!!!! Thanks from an arachnaphobic Jill[msnoo]

Curly Wurly
01-08-2005, 13:26
HI Jill,

I have a husband & son who can't stand spiders and get me to get rid of the little critters!!

From what I can remember there are no spiders in the spiderman ride!! It was just good fun, we loved it.

Pluto
01-08-2005, 23:15
We thought this ride was brilliant. I usually suffer from motion sickness and certainly suffered on back to the future. On spiderman I was fine. So much so that we rode it 5 times in about an hour. If you can, join the single rider queue. It took us 10 minutes from the time we joined the queue to the time we got off. The normal queue time was 50 minutes.

It was a fairly busy time of year too - beginning of July.

berni_richards
02-08-2005, 00:30
spiderman is great I am looking forward to go on it again soon. Back to the future is much worse for making you feel sick.

You might regret it if you don't try it.

lorraine51
03-08-2005, 03:14
I had no problems on back to the future but my husband who will go on anything looked green when he came off back to the future. Can't wait to try Spiderman.[msntongue]

tigger66
03-10-2005, 00:32
i didn't like it it spun round a bit too much

domster
03-10-2005, 01:11
Spiderman is a lot smoother than Back to the future. It is a lot newer and they must have worked on the way it throws you about.

chrizzy100
03-10-2005, 01:43
I have a bad back and neck......but I go on B to the F about 7 or more times in a row.......:D:D

ellie
03-10-2005, 02:45
Spiderman is really brilliant, it does whizz you about a bit, round corners, but its really not too bad -and I am a real wimp. I love it - even went on it on my own when my son flew home early! Husband does not 'do' rides, so it was go it alone or not at all!

Just shut your eyes when it gets to the bit when you drop down the sheer side of a skys[bad language filtered out]er.:)

blott
03-10-2005, 04:54
Crumbs, even coaster super wimp me can do BTTF easily - love the bit when you go down the dinosaur's throat! :D

Must try Spiderman some time.

Chloe
03-10-2005, 21:38
I am useless on rides, partly because I am scared of heights and speed, and partly because I have a very dodgy back and can't be thrown about, but I LOVE Spiderman, and am always very sorry when it's over. You would love it Blott. Chloe

suegooding
27-06-2006, 20:05
Spiderman is fantastic, I don't do any rides that throw you around as I physically find it hard to hold on, you will be fine on Spiderman, it's the one ride I enjoy doing, go for it!!

christhear
27-06-2006, 20:26
I can do Spiderman but not back to the future. Had problems on back to the future over 10 years ago, tried again in the last couple of years but still felt really bad afterwards. I've also done Mission space once but never again.
I'll just stick to Spiderman for now, and all the coaster of course - but not the tea cups or storm force.

chrizzy100
27-06-2006, 20:52
I have a really bad back..and I broke off a large piece of bone in my neck in a car crash..I spent my first few trips to FL going on nothing because of all the dos and don't..then tried Star wars and never looked back..I get my husband to try new rides..to see if I can go on..I'm still unsure about the Mummy..And Space mountain put me in bed for 6 months...so I'll not go there again...[msnscared]

Pegasus928
28-06-2006, 19:14
I do suffer with motion sickness - Soarin' at Epcot messed up my whole day for example, and don't get me started on turbulance coming into Florida[sick] - but Spiderman is just brilliant and doesn't cause any sickness at all.
I found that BTTF was a problem because it jolts and jars so much your eyes never seem to able to focus properly.
Pegasus (who - incidently - never had a problem jumping out of aeroplanes during his army days, anything to get away from that damn turbulance)

jovi
29-09-2006, 12:36
I was going to try soarin on our next visit, I too suffer from motion sickness, any slight movement and I'm feeling very[sick] So do I give soarin a miss then? Any tips for that dreaded turbulence[sick][gun]

emm
29-09-2006, 21:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jovi
I was going to try soarin on our next visit, I too suffer from motion sickness, any slight movement and I'm feeling very[sick] So do I give soarin a miss then? Any tips for that dreaded turbulence[sick][gun]
[/quote]

I would try Soarin' - you can always shut your eyes if you feel a little queasy. The actual movement of your seat is very slight and gentle - no jerking or turning. It is the 'scenery' rushing past your eyes that might make you feel funny, but I would say there are only a couple of occasions where that might happen.