PDA

View Full Version : trip report days 1-4

treena
26-08-2004, 05:36
well here we go, it feels like i'm back at school writing an essay!

Holiday feeling had started on sunday 8th August as I had finally finished work for a couple of weeks and had been round to the in-laws for lunch, who themselves had just arrived back from holiday, so got very relaxed sharing a couple of bottles of rose.
Went back home on suday afternoon feeling VERY relaxed but with the knowledge I had to finsh the packing very quickly because my best friend was coming round (as she does every sunday) and also my sister was droppimg off her daughter who I was in control of for 2 weeks!
Although not very grown up we put the kids (my son and niece both 7) to bed at 7.30 and proceeded to drink far to much wine considering we were up at 4.30!

Had the last minute lecture from my sister as to what to do and what not to do with her daughter before I finally manged to get rid of her at 1am!
I don't think my husband actually went to bed as when I got up at 4.30 he had already cleaned his desk and packed enough cables to permanantly wire up his laptop to the national grid!

We were picked up by driver at 6am got to Gatwick about 7.15am which I thought was pretty good, check in clear and then we discovered we were delayed for 1hr 30mins, not a problem to start with until my mother(thank you!) pointed out won't we'd miss our connecting flight.
It was still looking okay until we had been stood at Charlotte for 1hr 30mins in immigration and then had to dash to the gate for the orlando flight and my thong sandal broke en route so arrived at the gate extremly stressed shoughting that we were all there but that my mother was a bit slower than the rest of us and that she would be with us shortly and shaking my 'Next' sandal at him!!
We all had stong drink on the plane after that and tried to all calm down and enjoy the holiday, it didn't help that hubby and I had been without a ciggie for about 12hrs at this stage and were in the proccess of blaming each other for the worlds problems!
Finally got to villa about 8.30pm put the kids to bed then mum and I went to 7/11 to get cold beers and subs because we were to lazy to cook.

woke up on day 2 to glorious sunshine we had already decided that today would be pool day so went to the publix to stock up, came back mum and hubby blew up inflatables i lay by the pool and the kids had a great time swimming. We went to the Cracker Barrell that evening food wasn't great and then we got back to the villa only to discover hubby had left video camera and digital camera under the table! We did get them back thank goodness not sure that such honesty would occur in London.

day 3 we decided we would go to MK, we had a good day but I think we were still a little tired at we only lasted till about 5pm. Went publix on the way home to get dinner and chilled by the pool with a couple of drinks. This was also the day that we came home to find the mc had left a letter warning of strong winds coming to the area on Thursday and Friday!

Day 4: Had a lazy morning then went to typhoon lagoon, stayed about an hour until the heavens opened, which we decided was probably the end of bonnie. Walked back to the car but stupidly didn't take video camera and digital camera out of bag when we got to the car and by the the time we got back to the villa niether was working and I did think my husband was going to burst, thankfully he didn't and was surprisingly calm even we had lost all records from the first couple of days.

day 5: moved the pool furniture into the garge first thing although the mc had said not to bother unless we saw evidence of strong winds. Then we tried to go out for the day, first stop Epcot then we discovered that they were closing at 1pm so we decide not to waste a days ticket, so... then we decided lets go shopping but we got to the Florida mall only to discover they were closing in an hour. Then we paniced as they were saying we should be back in the villa by 2pm and we were still a good 35mins drive away.We checked with hubby (who does risk assessments as

LesleyB
26-08-2004, 09:21
Great report Treena (this is my favourite section of the forums!).

Hurry up and post your next report - it's getting exciting (although I notice you posted in the early hours, so you probably need your sleep):D

CarolAnn
27-08-2004, 14:26
Thanks Treena[msnsmile2]

Great report[msnwink] I am ready for the rest of it now:)

Liam_Sandie
27-08-2004, 18:57
Thanks Treena....looking forward to next part!!!:D:)[8D]

Sandie

treena
28-08-2004, 05:50
Sorry it's taken so long for the next report. I must admit I'm still not back to normal hence I'm writing at 1am! I thought I would be back to normal by now as I went back to work less than 24hrs after returning.

Day 6 (Saturday): We spent this day recovering from our late night after our visit from charley, It is at this point that I have to thank the hospitality of our fellow English neighbour, whom is looking to rent he's newly bought villa but didn't know about this website..he does now! if it wasn't for their kindness i think we would have had a truly horrible evening, Thank you Nick and Kate wherever you are. Nick and kate looked after us all evening and my son son and niece, not to mention how they provided my mother and I with plenty of wine, not that we needed any encouragement!

Day 7: We decided to visit Epcot today which proved a good choice as it was very quiet, we didn't have to queue for any rides and ended are day with a very nice meal in the 'Rose and Crown'. It felt especially good as we had no cold drinks to go back to in the villa and I took great pride in ordering a pint of 'Stella'(how unladylike!)
As is usaul with our party disaster soon followed, my son ended up shuting one of the doors to the shops on his toe....good heavens you would have thought his toe had been ripped off but the kind lady behind the counter said she take myself and Owen off to the medical centre,
where he proceeded to get as much attention as possible. Good thing was we ended up with a stroller to watch the fireworks while my son held he's ice pack on his foot(poor dear), I feel i have to add that all he had done was lift he's nail off slightly but hey that a seven year for you!
Fireworks were excelent as usaul.

Day 8: today we went off to Sea world and what a brillant day this was, it is a great day, i hope we are not the only ones to fall for the father/son trick at the dolphin show...truly brillant! This was my husband's and son's first trip here and both said it was there favourite place. the only sad thing was as we had no power at the villa we couldn't charge the video camera , so we got no video coverage,and this was a little disappointing.

Day 9: we started off the day very excited today as we were going to kennedy, hubby, son and myself very excited, I am not sure wether hubby was more excited about drive down there or trip itself but hey thats not my problem. I do have to say if it fits into your schedule do try and do a visit to Kennedy as it is a very relaxing drive down there and a truly fascinating day when you arrive. Shameful as it might sound my son seemed to enjoy this more than any of the disney parks (rollercoasters excluded). I personally was very glad it didn't rain this day as every since I first visited in 1987 it has always rained on my visit to Kennedy.

Day 10: We went to AK on this day and have to admit none of our party were very impressed with this park, It was extremelly busy and even though we got there extremelly early for the safari ride all the animals were already asleep.Although not relavant to the topic this was also the day that we got news that my husband had passed his promotinal exams at work (which he has been working towards for the last 12 months) So even though we didn't have a brillant day at AK we went back and celebrated my husbands results at the villa with a couple of bottles of wine. Well down Matt I'm proud of you!!!