PDA

View Full Version : Florida Townhouse

arnie the armadillo
24-08-2004, 23:02
A bit of help please

I've booked to stay at a 2 bedroomed Florida Townhouse, with [name edited], in July 2005 flying from Newcastle to Sanford on Thomas Cook Airlines.

I understand from the brochure that the accomodation is somewhere off highway 417 (about 20 miles from Disney) and is allocated on arrival.

Has anyone used these Sunset Townhouses - if so what are they like and under what name might I find them? Also what can I expect to find in them in the way of linen, towels etc.

Thanks[msncool]

amy
25-08-2004, 02:23
Hi Arnie, You generally find the tour operator/holiday companies dont own any houses but they are privaltly owned and sub contracted to them from the owners.In future you may save money if you check the 3 links above.
As for linen and towels etc, they will all be provided in the house.
Regards

arnie the armadillo
26-08-2004, 01:18
Thanks Amy

Unfortunately having to go in school holiday time, I've priced fly/drive & flight only and it doesn't seem to work out much cheaper than what I've booked.

I've booked through [name edited] and got an excellent deal.

But I never say never and will look at the links and bear them in mind for next time.

Thanks again

Arnie T Armadillo

esprit
26-08-2004, 05:48
417 is the Central Florida Greeneway which is a toll road. I cant imagine where you would be up that which is 20 miles from Disney ( airport area?) but whereever you are its wont be in a tourist area that is anywhere like 192 or I Drive, You may think you got a deal but a better deal can be had by booking a home direct from the owner and private flights, cutting out the middlemans commission. Also then you would know where you were going to be staying instead of taking pot luck and I have to say its is likely to be somewhere potentially more conveniently placed.

SunLover
26-08-2004, 06:19
Slightly off topic ~ we have an armadillo, which we named Arnie, who potters by the outside of our pool screen as we sit on the decking at night time ~ any relation ? [msnwink]

carolmc
26-08-2004, 10:44
Hey guys.....guess where he sleeps - in my tree during the daytime so he does not wander too far!!!
A USP?????

MaggieAllan
02-09-2004, 13:24
We are suffering the same fate as Arnie - allocation on arrival off US 417, this Sept for a week.

We originally booked a 2 week package to Fuertaventura ( Canaries ) and decided closer to the time none of us were looking forward to it, so back to Florida then- Hoorah!

But, we would have had to cancel and lost loads of money, so the only option was to change our booking with the same company - they only do hotels and these allocate on arrival townhouses.

It has cost us a fortune ! We normally book fly drive and villas ourselves and it works out cheaper than European packages - but we were between a rock and a hard place this time. It is costing us more for one week than it would for two normally! Still looking forward though cos Florida is ace, just put this one down as a stupid mistake - you learn from them don't you? And we've gone mad and booked another week at Christmas - with a villa from this site and our own fly drive.

Anyway Arnie, I have tried every search possible to try and find these townhouses and you just won't. I have started praying that they are at the south-western end of the 417 towards the centre of things - I can't remember anything along that road from the aiport (Sandford) that resemble holiday homes, until much closer to the action - just local communities, commercial buildings etc.

Whatever you do in the future Arnie - book your own villa, flights etc - this site is the best so you don't need to hunt around.

OR, with your only going next year check to see what money you would lose if you cancelled and started again. I bet you could save the difference.

Good luck
Maggie

arnie the armadillo
04-09-2004, 03:35
Thanks Maggie,

Gonna stick with what I've booked this time (would already lose around £500) - like I said before, I've priced flights and it's coming out more than the accomodation, flights & car hire that I've booked.

When I went to Florida in 1999 I used Virgin - but now having a 15 and a 6 year old it tends to make it a little expensive!!!

I did a lot of searching around on the internet etc looking for deals and would have loved to book everything separately but had to finally settle on this - as you know Florida is just so hard to resist!

Are you going with the same tour company as me?

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you get back.

Have a great time

Arnie T Armadillo

MaggieAllan
04-09-2004, 13:57
Arnie

Looks like you're stuck just like us then. Yes, it is the same company - we'll know better for next time won't we. I'd much prefer knowing the accomodation, so I can get my barings etc. The experts on this site always recommend the links above for flights - had you already looked there?

I can't imagine the townhouses being bad - the standard of accomodation in Florida usually is much better than Europe, as in a basic SC apartment in Greece etc ( we've had brilliant holidays there as well).

I have seen some ropey motels when we have travelled around Florida, but I would imagine these townhouses are relatively new and up to date.

Anyway, wherever we stay - Europe or US - after the first initial look around we either have broad smiles because the place is fantastic, or broad smiles because it's not what we were hoping for and so we may as well make the most of it - usually involves beer either way!

Maggie

arnie the armadillo
06-09-2004, 22:08
Maggie

I've just re-read the brochure (should have engaged brain before touching keyboard!) and it's not 20 miles from Disney but 20 minutes!

What it actually says is that it's in the Kissimmee Area and the location is (quote) "Scattered in a quiet neibourhood with palm trees and well kept gardens" "Walt Disney World Resort within easy reach along 417 highway - 20 minute drive"

Got to agree, I can't see it being too bad - and it'll be definately better than the self catering in Ibiza we've just come back from! 3 star my backside!!!

Anyway let's just hope it all hasn't blown away before we go!

Arnie