PDA

View Full Version : Southern Dunes Golf & Country Club

Mo Guest
24-08-2004, 22:35
Hello all,

Have you experienced the golf course at Southern Dunes? It is a very picturesque and pretty course to play (lots of bunkers with sand - but that's Florida for you!). It's worth driving the buggy around even if you don't play and I find the Refreshment Cart (with the beers!) very inviting - even better for a non-golfer like me!

Regards, Mo

:D

porky
25-08-2004, 12:18
Hi Mo,

I don't play golf, neither does hubby but we do like to have a wander round the course on an evening to walk off our barbie:DAs you say, a very pretty course. We haven't tried the refreshment cart as we haven't encountered one on our travels yet.

Jacqui

Lynnes
25-08-2004, 12:38
Southern Dunes golf course it ranked in the top 100 in the US so needless to say it's great. Even if you do not play golf there are loads of other things to do and in such beautiful surroundings

Lynne

Mo Guest
27-08-2004, 23:33
Hi Jackie & Lynne,

My daughter (aged 11) and I have come to the conclusion that - if you can't beat 'em - join 'em!! So we have started to have golf lessons so that when we are at our villa at Southern Dunes and we accompany Tony round the course when he plays - we can make the most of the lovely walk (or in our case - ride!)

bye for now,

Mo

Floridalover
29-08-2004, 00:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynnes
Southern Dunes golf course it ranked in the top 100 in the US so needless to say it's great. Even if you do not play golf there are loads of other things to do and in such beautiful surroundings

Lynne
[/quote]
Southern Dunes has been ranked top 6 in Florida[msnwink]

Lynnes
29-08-2004, 01:03
Wow !! where was this ranking?

Floridalover
29-08-2004, 01:19
Here you go, off the SD site:

"SOUTHERN DUNES G&CC RANKED # 6 IN FLORIDA in GOLFWEEKS AMERICA'S BEST COURSE'S YOU CAN PLAY" March 2004 issue of Golfweek Opened in 1993, Southern Dunes is an upscale daily fee facility that continues to receive numerous awards from the golf industry. The charm and appeal of the club, comes from the friendly staff and unique characteristics of the course. The course offers players of all abilities the opportunity to play and enjoy one of the most challenging and beautiful courses in Central Florida. Located just outside Orlando and only 15 miles from Disney World, Southern Dunes has become a local and tourist favorite.
:)

Mo Guest
30-08-2004, 15:10
Hi all,

Southern Dunes Golf & Country Club Estate was also given great press in the Daily Express recently and I quote - "Southern Dunes is one of the finest lakeside developments in the area, with a golf course on site".

Good eh!

Mo :D:D:D

bilbo
15-09-2004, 20:01
Im going to Southern Dunes in Dec for two weeks cant wait.It will be our first trip as a family and our first stay at our new home,it was only built this year.
So if any body fancies a game of golf between 5th Dec and 15th Dec let me know.

chris c
15-09-2004, 22:08
Welcome to the community.

You will have a wonderful time. Try not to spend all of your time/money in Walmart!!

Don't forget to go to the clubhouse for breakfast or lunch. The food is really good and they do a children's menu.