PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a Nice Cup of Tea?

imported_n/a
17-09-2002, 00:30
The Garden View Lounge, overlooking formal gardens, at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers a choice of teas served with the traditional side dishes such as scones, crumpets, nut breads, English trifle and strawberries and cream.

Citrus-view
26-11-2003, 00:21
Why not try Sherlocks in Celebration on the market square just before the hotel.

Run by brits and they have educated the local staff to boil the water:D

blott
26-11-2003, 02:34
You could, if you can afford it as the prices are outrageous!

Angua
26-11-2003, 11:26
Wasn't Sherlocks included in a TV program over here in the UK? It was all about ex-pats in Florida and was presented by Natalie Sawalhia. (Uh,Oh![8)] It's the TV nerd coming out in me again!) It didn't mention the prices though!

A good High Tea back in the UK isn't cheap but do you think that Sherlocks is worth it?

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]

mikewj
26-11-2003, 15:24
Sherlocks shows up on all sorts of UK TV programmes about visiting/moving to Orlando.

You'd think that with the free advertising, they'd lower the prices !

Carla
26-11-2003, 16:44
The Coffee house (almost) next door to Sherlock's serves great coffee and has chairs and tables outside too!! Being on a corner it's lovely for people watching whilst sipping a regular!!:D:D

blott
26-11-2003, 19:01
It's called Barnie's and it's about half the price of Sherlock's.

esprit
27-11-2003, 07:44
Barnies is my hang out and I love it. You can get a large coffee and a muffin for less than the cost of a cup of tea at Sherlocks. All power to Sherlocks though. They are residents of Celebration, still here eighteen months after the programme was made, and are very well known locally. You dont see many people in there but they must be making a living out of it as they are advertising for part time staff on the door!!!

chrizzy100
27-11-2003, 18:17
quote:Originally posted by esprit

Barnies is my hang out and I love it. You can get a large coffee and a muffin for less than the cost of a cup of tea at Sherlocks. All power to Sherlocks though. They are residents of Celebration, still here eighteen months after the programme was made, and are very well known locally. You dont see many people in there but they must be making a living out of it as they are advertising for part time staff on the door!!!

For a nice long sit down...sofas chairs etc.....you have to go to a Starbucks inside a bookshop....if you have them in FL....?
I feel like I'm in 'friends' everytime I meet up with people in town for coffee there....:)

blott
27-11-2003, 19:13
They have one in Barnes & Noble on OBT, almost opposite the Florida Mall entrance. And they sell Cheesecake Factory gateaux type goodies!

traceya89
10-08-2004, 23:46
We saw Sherlocks on a tv programme. We always go to Celebration for a nice relaxing afternoon when we are in Florida and so when we saw Sherlocks we decided to call in for afternoon tea. When we saw the prices we decided against it and went to Goodings for a carry out and sat on the rocking chairs by the lake instead.

TonyBlenk
13-08-2004, 12:54
When I visited Sherlock's in May this year, I 'gathered' that the owners were selling their interest in the business and had plans to move on [?]

13-08-2004, 17:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
It's called Barnie's and it's about half the price of Sherlock's.
[/quote]

Nice location but the coffee is no where near a good as Starbucks!!![8D]

Lucy

linsan
14-08-2004, 03:08
When we were out in April, we went to Sherlocks and the owner told me that he had sold the business to another 'Brit' and he was now a realtor with an interest in giving visa advice.