PDA

View Full Version : Safari

heathercobbett
22-08-2004, 21:36
It is best to go on the first or last safari of the day. The animals get sleepy as it gets hotter through the day.

amy
23-08-2004, 00:03
We where orginally told to go on first thing before it gets to hot as you would see more animals, but when we where there last we rode on the train from conservation station ( which is just at exit of the safari) and it takes you past the animals compound where they are kept and the tour guide said they only let a few out at a time and when they call them back they let the next few out so they are fresh all the time.

Newhomebuyer
23-08-2004, 15:39
In my experience the last ride of the day is the best. If you can get the last jeep, it can go
a bit slower as the animals are often crossing the tracks to get to their night quarters.

yorkshirerose
07-09-2004, 06:54
Was on one of the 1st trips of the day and it was very good,the kids loved the giraffes and the elephants.

emm
07-09-2004, 18:21
We were recommended to take the earliest trip possible, but almost all the animals were asleep!! Maybe each day is different!

CarolAnn
10-09-2004, 14:58
We have done the first trip of the day several times, and they are not all the same, though this year was the best:D Saw lots of the animals really close up, and it was very pleasant time of day too;)

Angel_Eyes
16-09-2004, 00:07
when i went we went on the first ride of the day and it was great:D:):D i love animal kingdom it is the best park :):)

MTP
16-09-2004, 00:45
We love AK and the Kilimnjaro Safaris, but my only complaint is about the poachers story line - I just feel the ride doesn't need it.

Nostromo
16-09-2004, 11:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
We love AK and the Kilimnjaro Safaris, but my only complaint is about the poachers story line - I just feel the ride doesn't need it.
[/quote]

I think it is supposed to make the kids feel more Ecologically Aware. I agree that it can be disturbing, but it did have the desired effect on my 9-year old niece - she comes from India where Elephant poaching used to be a big problem.

MTP
17-09-2004, 04:47
I can appreciate that, Nostromo, I suppose in our experience it has always worried our daughter (she is now 6 and is a bit of a worrier at the best of times). I think that poaching and other matters may be better explained at Rafiki's Planet Watch, but for some kids it obviously has more impact in situ.

bluebirds
16-06-2005, 01:58
Here is a safari tip. Who ever is videoing or taking photos try and sit on the left hand side of the bus thingy. You seem to get more animals on taht side.

solanasunshine
16-06-2005, 20:10
We went on the 1st safari of the day after having been to the character breakfast at the restaurantasaurus at AK.
It was really good and we saw plenty of animals.

Hope this helps.[msnsmile]

trevlad
21-06-2005, 04:04
also good in the rain!

Ana
21-06-2005, 12:25
I love the Safari. The first time we went on I had to work hard to convince Hubby that the Animals were real - not Animatronics!

amy
22-06-2005, 01:35
Did you convince him about the ostrich eggs as well[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ana
I love the Safari. The first time we went on I had to work hard to convince Hubby that the Animals were real - not Animatronics!
[/quote]

resorthomerentals
22-06-2005, 03:00
We always try to get to the safari first thing in the park. The line is shorter, and the animals much more active. The last 2 times we went, it was cool and overcast (had a light rain earlier) and the ride was great. We had a mother and baby rhino walk right up to our stopped bus. We could easily have reached out and touched them.

Ana
22-06-2005, 15:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy

Did you convince him about the ostrich eggs as well[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ana
[/quote]
[/quote]
Teehee [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]